FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Drive Safely

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2421 Post by Drive Safely » 11 Apr 2021 06:25

@DW1899 - If your sound event is not in a "sirens" folder in your FMOD project, you should remove "sirens/" from your soundref file, because it thinks it the event is in the sirens folder
DW1899

#2422 Post by DW1899 » 11 Apr 2021 15:05

@Drive Safely Thank you for catching that! I, for whatever reason, thought I needed to put the bank name in that slot. I've got it working now and I'll be moving forward with it. Thanks.
serialblack

#2423 Post by serialblack » 15 Apr 2021 10:19

I was looking at redoing all the wheel noises since I find that the in game ones virtually don't exist, especially with a heavy haul truck, sounding like a highway truck. Is there any information as to how to setup the bank, what parameters to use, what mixer channel is goes into, etc? I have seen a couple modded ones, but not to my liking. I know somewhere there must be info, but I am not finding it.
Robinicus

#2424 Post by Robinicus » 15 Apr 2021 12:58

@serialblack - unfortunately, SCS has still not updated the wiki after all this time....it really just takes some trial and error along with searching through their xxx.bank.guids to figure it out.
serialblack

#2425 Post by serialblack » 16 Apr 2021 04:09

ya I have noticed. I managed to get some good sounds to work. Give the truck more of a heavy haul sound, kinda like those big dump trucks with that wobbly whine at anything over 35 mph. Now its on to adding much better suspension sounds, but it would be nice if scs would at the very least show a list of available parameters and events that we'd have to work with....I feel that there is sooo much lost potential right now.
Robinicus

#2426 Post by Robinicus » 16 Apr 2021 11:22

yeah agreed, have been asking for parameters and available triggers for over a year now.....pretty much given up on any additional support at this point

still waiting for a node on trailers to add refer sounds as well
Drive Safely

#2427 Post by Drive Safely » 16 Apr 2021 12:23

A huge loss of potential indeed. It's been about a year now since FMOD was introduced too
serialblack

#2428 Post by serialblack » 16 Apr 2021 20:21

@Robinicus could you possibly "fake" the reefer noise by adding an extra sound loop to the hookup sounds? so that once you attach it, it would play a startup one shot, leading into a running loop, then switch to a shut down on disconnect? I know I have added some sounds using a work around like that for other things, and its worked...getting the timing down is a pain though.
Robinicus

#2429 Post by Robinicus » 16 Apr 2021 23:07

@serialblack - I did some playing around with that during 1.37 but there is no way to isolate it to a trailer type as the trailer brace was setup as global and not trailer type specific....so hook up to a lowboy and the reefer starts running etc...

The frustration is that it is a simple thing to do for SCS but must be a low priority (or non-existent one) or they just forgot about their commitment to implement it.
Drive Safely

#2430 Post by Drive Safely » 17 Apr 2021 05:22

@serialblack @Robinicus
I got a reefer noise partially working, but unfortunately the sound doesn't follow the trailer when you drive off. It's still something though, and you can make it work for reefer trailers only which is cool! :eyes:

Check out this modding guide if you want to plug it into a trailer mod: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=299112

Return to “Modding Guides”