FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
serialblack

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2511 Post by serialblack » 04 Oct 2021 04:44

lol true, but you know how some get....

So I tore into the international LT just to see how they did things...and it would seem, at least by what wav files I saw, that its a completely separate bank similar to the normal engine bank, but simplified. Question now is would all the tracks be on a single sheet (eg. engine/remote), or would be similar in setup to the original engine (with engine, exhaust, etc.)

Edit: it looks like everything is on a single sheet as the guid only shows one line:

event:/remote/engine
Robinicus

#2512 Post by Robinicus » 04 Oct 2021 12:00

I saw they added that in 1.41 but no new template was added (big surprise)....I was assuming it would be in the exterior but did not play with it at all
BenFitz176

#2513 Post by BenFitz176 » 04 Oct 2021 13:28

Yep agreed SB , Looks like we need to create a whole new bank for the "remote " engine so others can hear the trucks..Im hoping they will give us another template , otherwise its just trial and error with the parameters.
Bugger
Drive Safely

#2514 Post by Drive Safely » 04 Oct 2021 21:27

Having the remote sounds in a separate bank seems strange to me unless it's to save on memory somehow. If the same assets are used, SCS could reduce the game's file size by not using a separate bank...
Madkine
Global moderator

#2515 Post by Madkine » 04 Oct 2021 21:33

I'm guessing the bank will have a lot less options sound wise.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
serialblack

#2516 Post by serialblack » 05 Oct 2021 06:02

I agree @Drive Safely it really seems kinda redundant...they used about half of the exact same sounds, so like the jake sound had 3 samples in the main engine bank, but only 1 in the remote one. Just seems....excessively unnecessary...
BenFitz176

#2517 Post by BenFitz176 » 06 Oct 2021 08:08

Hey gents I seem to have got remote soungs working in convoy, just finished up some testing. ill make a video on YT showing what i have done, might not be the most correct way but it is a start

Jc
BenFitz176

#2518 Post by BenFitz176 » 06 Oct 2021 11:27

https://youtu.be/ELwTmWa2-7o

How to update sound mod for use in 1.42 convoy so remote user can hear your engine sound.

extra line in sound.sui
sounds[]:"remote|/def/vehicle/jc.soundref/jc_e9_v8_rm_sound_engine_rm.soundref"

new soundref name
jc_e9_v8_rm_sound_engine_rm.soundref
inside soundref file
source="/sound/truck/jc_e9_v8_rm.bank#remote/engine"

Hope this helps

Cheers
Zeemods

#2519 Post by Zeemods » 07 Oct 2021 08:47

@Max Do you guys plan on adding support for the exhaust, turbo and start_bad events to the remote banks? I feel that adding all of those relevant sounds to the engine event is just counterintuitive and negates the reason to have these separate events/banks in the first place (performance?). Not to mention, with a proper setup, the exhaust sounds will behave differently from the engine so need their own parameter configurations and volume attenuations.
Zeemods - Facebook - Youtube - Website.
Smarty
Beta tester

#2520 Post by Smarty » 12 Oct 2021 15:21

I've gotten remote sounds working with the Scot A2HD. For those who are comfortable working with fmod already, it should be straightforward:

- the remote engine sound is a single, 3D event 'remote/engine'
- you can combine the turbo track into the event – the important part is that the remote sound is one event that is handled as a single source
- the event is routed through outside/exterior/traffic (or at least I had good results doing so)
- the parameters this event uses are play, rpm, load, brake, and turbo (NOT engine/play, engine/rpm, etc!!!)

I got away with pretty much copying my engine/engine event wholesale as remote/engine, replacing the parameters as above, rerouting as above, and then copying the track from my engine/turbo event into remote/engine (also replacing the necessary parameters).

Return to “Modding Guides”