FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Robinicus

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2271 Post by Robinicus » 30 Oct 2020 02:36

I meant you set from 0 to 90 or 0 to 95 and was showing the range to set it to for a starting point....I understand how this works but was trying to make it clear....the point was to set it inverted so it triggers when the parameter range is dropping, not rising.....and if it is not acting exactly as desired additional magnets using the and selection can be used to tweak.

It doesn't need to be placed in the turbo track at all, it can be added anywhere in the engine tracks as a new standalone; it just won't be controlled by the turbo volume slider which was a ridiculous addition anyway IMO.
Harven
Global moderator

#2272 Post by Harven » 30 Oct 2020 09:04

You could just set it to a range from 0 to 0.9 without using "inverted". But like I said, because you used "inverted" and set the range from 0.9 to 0.95, the sound will be triggered twice, because you splitted it to two ranges by doing so: 0 to 0.9 and 0.95 to 1.0. Try it if you don't believe me :) Adding additional conditions (no idea why you call it "magnets") will not make it act like it should. You just can't make the same effect using only the turbo parameter. Please try and I will prove you wrong ;)
wrote:It doesn't need to be placed in the turbo track at all (...)
I haven't placed it in the turbo track - please see the images I posted yesterday - it's placed it in a separate, new "bov" track.
Robinicus

#2273 Post by Robinicus » 30 Oct 2020 09:08

You aren't understanding what I am saying but that's ok....I have it working but don't use it, was only trying to find a solution for Kreich....I am sure yours works as well but am not going to invest any more energy trying to explain what I did; I am obviously not explaining it clearly enough somehow and the image seems to have confused, not clarified it.
Harven
Global moderator

#2274 Post by Harven » 30 Oct 2020 09:40

That's true, maybe I don't get your point here. Just want to make one thing clear so people reading this aren't confused: you will not get the right effect when triggering the sound using only turbo parameter. If you don't agree please share your solution so that anyone can try it and decide if it's working as intended or not. I would gladly use something simpler.
Deranged_Maester

#2275 Post by Deranged_Maester » 30 Oct 2020 12:17

Ok, so I normally avoid this topic like the plague because I simply don't understand it. However, I was reading the last two pages for some reason and I had an idea (it hurt a lot!)

Is it possible to tie a command to the engine stop `sound track?` that would run another engine sound after the main engine stopped? Like, oh I dunno, maybe an APU...

Cause for crazy fools like myself that simulate real fuel/shower/food times by starring at the screen for an hour ingame, hearing an APU run while sitting there would be just a little more immersive. (or for reefer guys, they could feel more at home hearing something like that. Took me almost 6 months to be able to sleep without that sound)

Course if you answer yes that will mean I'd have to study all this to learn how to do it...
Harven
Global moderator

#2276 Post by Harven » 30 Oct 2020 12:27

I think it is possible but I would have to test different ideas how to do it :) The simplest would be to remove the stop event command instrument from the engine event and put a looping sound there instead, that would have a condition to run only when the "play" parameter is 0.
Last edited by Harven on 30 Oct 2020 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
Robinicus

#2277 Post by Robinicus » 30 Oct 2020 12:29

Yes, by making another timeline track and using the APU sound in the loop with parameters/conditions set accordingly. Have not tried to make it (and not going to) but it is possible in the tool.

I am not sure it is worth the effort unless just having it work is worth it to you....how often would you actually sit with the truck not running to listen to the APU sound?
Deranged_Maester

#2278 Post by Deranged_Maester » 31 Oct 2020 01:35

Like I said, I'm a crazy fool. I simulate realistic times as I saw them when I was driving.
  • I give 30-45 minutes when I'm doing drop and hook (freight market) to simulate finding the trailer, pre-post trip.
  • When hauling fruits/vegetables I give 30 minutes for a washout at a fuel island (or if I see one, the truck wash).
  • when loading an owned trailer I give 30 minutes to an hour (unless I'm at a walbert. Then I give 1-2 hours) to get an `open dock`.
  • once loaded I'll simulate 5-15 minutes for route planning.
  • I rarely fuel when not shutting down for the night, but if I do (entering Cali) I simulate an additional 15-30 minutes after fueling for getting drinks, using the bathroom, snacks.
  • when shutting down for the night, I simulate 1 hour for showers/eating at the local choke and puke/transmitting paperwork.
  • each morning and night I give 15 minutes for pre or post trip.
Underscore_101_

#2279 Post by Underscore_101_ » 03 Nov 2020 12:19

Not 100% sure if this is the best place for asking, but since it's about FMOD,.. :-)

Is there a way to preview sounds from a mod, other than playing the game?

Did a quick search on Google and this forum, but so far no luck.

I figure i need FMOD Studio so i downloaded the version mentioned in the first post and tried to open the bank
and/or guide files, but it wouldn't accept them, and in the open project the file
extensions were completely different.
There's a very good chance i'm just doing something wrong :-)

Maybe SCS changed FMOD studio versions, maybe the answer is somewhere in this thread,
but please forgive me for not reading through 229 pages.

The reason i ask is that for a personal mod i just want to put the engines i like in
one mod, or two if i decide to keep ATS and ETS2 separated.

I'm not a purist where engines have to be as close to real life as possible, in that sense i
just don't care if an engine is only used by Mack, if i like it i want to use it in my DAF,
i just want a nice sounding truck in the game and a few options so not every truck sounds the same,
but not a long list of engines i won't ever use.

I know how to port the mods and add trucks, just looking for an easy way to hear the sounds.

Hope someone has an easy answer, if it can't be done outside the game, or when it's really complicated
just say that it can't be done, i don't want to take up your time for something i won't follow through
when it's a ton of work.

Thanks in advance :-)

Rob
xXCARL1992Xx

#2280 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Nov 2020 12:21

You cant, only the game can output the sound if you don't have the source project files
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Modding Guides”