FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
eeldavidgt

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2461 Post by eeldavidgt » 29 Jun 2021 00:32

eeldavidgt wrote: 09 Mar 2021 05:17 Hello to everyone, I'm new in this forum. I'm improving some sound effects of the International 9800 from 1.36. One of them is the sound of the exhaust valve or the air of the gear, when the foot is raised before a change of gear or when it goes downhill.

I have tried the method that Harven showed earlier. In FMod it works, but not in the truck. With the Robinicus method it does work, but when the truck goes downhill, the sound of the gear sounds without knowing why, also it only works for me when I use the load condition.

Also, when viewing sound files from 1.36 and earlier versions, the gear air sound has the RPM range defined. I'm making improvements with a sound correction mod for the 1.36, specifically the International 9800 (these sounds are the same on the 1.36 and earlier Freightliner FLD).

Pd: I don't know much English, but thanks to the use of the Google Chrome translator I understand a little more.
Hello again everyone.

I carefully read the steps Harven did with the "engine load" event and I share images so you can see the steps I did and can clarify if I did something wrong.

I mention this to you and ask this because Harven's engine sound banks air gear sounds when you let go of the throttle and the turbo keeps spinning while doing a gear change. In my case, it works in FMOD, but not in the game.

Any solutions or mistakes I made?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

(I'm sorry I don't speak English in case they couldn't understand me in part)
Attachments
engine_load.jpg
engine_load2.jpg
engine_load3.jpg
engine_load4.jpg
engine_load5.jpg
Robinicus

#2462 Post by Robinicus » 29 Jun 2021 22:32

Added Using FSB Extractor to post 1
Drive Safely

#2463 Post by Drive Safely » 30 Jun 2021 04:31

Somehow I can't get custom AI traffic horns to work properly.
Even if I route it to traffic in the Mixer Routing, its sound position is in the player's truck rather than the AI traffic vehicle itself. How did SCS do it?
Robinicus

#2464 Post by Robinicus » 30 Jun 2021 04:39

I never played with that at all but I am guessing they did it with high amounts of offset rather than a sound locator for each AI vehicle just due to the amount of work....but again, that is just an assumption.
Bandit & The Snowman

#2465 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 30 Jun 2021 08:53

Could probably be checked with the devcam. Too far from a computer to do it myself though ;)

Edit: that might not be helpful if they just calculate offsets from distance and angle between player’s truck and Ai vehicle. On the other hand, how would they avoid inconsistencies in Convoy. At any rate, gonna test with my 5.1 system soon.
Edit2: Horn sounds originate from the respective AI vehicle's position. If they're offset, it's definitely not some "one offset value fits all" thing. Cross-check: It's the same in 18 WoS Pedal to the Metal. Someone fire up Blender or whatever and check for locators.
trainguy_gaming

#2466 Post by trainguy_gaming » 03 Jul 2021 18:44

@Robinicus hi Rob, I'm in the process of making a tire whine mod for ATS and I was wondering what/where would I want the mixer routing for fmod? I'm using Kriechbaum's sound sample. Does the mixer routing depend on what type or kind of sound sample your using?
Robinicus

#2467 Post by Robinicus » 03 Jul 2021 19:57

I haven't played with that one yet but if you look through the guids from the base SCS files you will see where it is....my guess would be noise.

Others on here have made some of those and will hopefully reply; as far as the routing question, no, the type of sample you are using is irrelevant, the routing is the alignment for the game to trigger the sound when that sound event should be happening.
Drive Safely

#2468 Post by Drive Safely » 03 Jul 2021 22:54

@codyosborn2 - Tire sounds in particular would go under Truck Noise in the Mixer Routing.
That will also mean when someone increases or decreases the Truck Noise volume slider in the Audio settings, the sound volume of the tires will be adjusted.
eeldavidgt

#2469 Post by eeldavidgt » 04 Jul 2021 01:12

eeldavidgt wrote: 29 Jun 2021 00:32
eeldavidgt wrote: 09 Mar 2021 05:17 Hello to everyone, I'm new in this forum. I'm improving some sound effects of the International 9800 from 1.36. One of them is the sound of the exhaust valve or the air of the gear, when the foot is raised before a change of gear or when it goes downhill.

I have tried the method that Harven showed earlier. In FMod it works, but not in the truck. With the Robinicus method it does work, but when the truck goes downhill, the sound of the gear sounds without knowing why, also it only works for me when I use the load condition.

Also, when viewing sound files from 1.36 and earlier versions, the gear air sound has the RPM range defined. I'm making improvements with a sound correction mod for the 1.36, specifically the International 9800 (these sounds are the same on the 1.36 and earlier Freightliner FLD).

Pd: I don't know much English, but thanks to the use of the Google Chrome translator I understand a little more.
Hello again everyone.

I carefully read the steps Harven did with the "engine load" event and I share images so you can see the steps I did and can clarify if I did something wrong.

I mention this to you and ask this because Harven's engine sound banks air gear sounds when you let go of the throttle and the turbo keeps spinning while doing a gear change. In my case, it works in FMOD, but not in the game.

Any solutions or mistakes I made?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

(I'm sorry I don't speak English in case they couldn't understand me in part)
I already found a solution to this question I had. Thank you all.
BenFitz176

#2470 Post by BenFitz176 » 08 Jul 2021 02:36

Hi

Im trying to move the "brake" trigger parameter into the exhaust slider so i can hear the jakes brakes from the exhaust bus..

I have added the parameter sheet to the exhaust bus and seems to work fine in FMOD fspro project but when im in the game the brake trigger doesnt activate.. I have tried many different things and spent hrs trying to figure it out but with no luck so far

Does any one have any advice on this one please?

Ben aka Johnny Cash

Return to “Modding Guides”