FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DzulfikarAT

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2111 Post by DzulfikarAT » 12 Jul 2020 12:27

thank you @Harven, its really helpful, i can find my banks file now
mackintosh

#2112 Post by mackintosh » 12 Jul 2020 13:25

Is there a quick and dirty tutorial on how to alias someone's sound mod to an unsupported truck? I wouldn't have the faintest clue how to do it, I imagine it involves changing something it the def files, but that's about as deep as my knowledge of this goes.
aeronildo

#2113 Post by aeronildo » 12 Jul 2020 18:20

This new template is generating wierd sound effects regarding no fuel sounds and load ones below 600 rpm. They just don't play right.
The Old Fart

#2114 Post by The Old Fart » 12 Jul 2020 21:06

@mackintosh, in the sound mod, in the def folder, there should be a def/vehicle/truck/truck.name folder for the truck you want to add sound to. If there is not then you need to add it.

Then add an engine folder under the truck.name folder and copy the engine files from the truck mod to that folder. For each engine you want to add to that folder, at the bottom of its file add a reference to the sound bank you want to assign to it. It should look something like this, where I've told the truck engine to use the scania_v8.bank: sound: "/sound/truck/scania_v8.bank" If there are any references in the engine file to exterior or interior sounds then delete those references).

This should work. I've generally gone another route - I've added the sound: "/sound/truck/scania_v8.bank" line to the engines within the truck mod and then also copied the two sound bank archive files directly to the truck's sound/truck folder. That way the sounds are directly in the truck mod for the engines affected.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
mackintosh

#2115 Post by mackintosh » 12 Jul 2020 21:07

Thank you, much appreciated.
Max
SCS Software

#2116 Post by Max » 13 Jul 2020 07:50

Robinicus wrote: 10 Jul 2020 01:02 @aeronildo - I am guessing this is the issue...this is the metadata from the bank folder in the 579 template....

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<objects serializationModel="Studio.02.00.00">
<object id="{ef1c9e58-41fe-43f3-bd8a-64112b935fa6}" class="MasterBankFolder"/>
</objects>
this tag is per section. they changed it only in sections that truly require 2.01, so it should be correct.

@Harven we will change the path to proper default, thanks.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Drive Safely

#2117 Post by Drive Safely » 13 Jul 2020 08:17

Thanks Max, looking forward to it!
snare85

#2118 Post by snare85 » 14 Jul 2020 01:22

Hello all!
I am very interested in the question: will the structure of reading files change?
Today we are back in the past (about 1.10s).
Files collide or replace each other.

For understanding, I will compare versions 1.36 and 1.37:

This was a "classic bus" that has a single 4*2 chassis in its life. But it has a various gear ratio of the bridge.
1.36:
I did it as if on chassis "A" and chassis "B" (I think everyone knows that "differential_ratio" refers to the driving rear axle, not the transmission. I think SCS might reconsider this point.)
Chassis "A" pointed to a six of the engines with the index "A" and several transmission "A" (always dif.ratio 5,65). By means "def and suitable for.."
Chassis "B" pointed to a six of the engines with the index "B" and several transmission "B" (always dif.ratio 5,11). By means "def and suitable for.."

EngineA1 have commonA1.sui/EngineA2 have commonA2.sui/EngineA3 have commonA3.sui and etc..

CommonA1.sui have a "sound of rear axle bridge"--> it was created on the tires sound -->parametr "speed"--> pitch reference 57 (dif.ratio 5,65) + my "wind" and other "noise sound"
CommonA2.sui it was almost the same pitch reference 57, the difference was in the levels and timbres.

EngineB have commonB.sui etc.
commonB it was almost the same that CommonA. But main difference pitch reference 63 - since the gear was larger (dif.ratio 5,11)

At the same time, none of my sound affected the default truck and any Vasya. (If you use unique names)

Is it worth talking about 1.37?

Except for "engine suound" and some "sticks", almost everything else will be replaced and will be in a single instance.
Today I created sound "sound of rear axle bridge"--> it was created on the aero_noise -->parametr "speed"--> pitch reference 57 (dif.ratio 5,65) + my "wind". But how I can create second variantB "sound of rear axle bridge" with pitch reference 63? At the same time, my sounds affected the default of the trucks and on Vasya.

I still don't understand why it wasn't possible to take everything into account. I also don't understand why it wasn't possible to make a "complete sample.fspro". Where we could view all events and parameters. They are now working and they are on someone's hard drive. This would avoid a lot of questions, and you wouldn't need to write a Wiki.

Thank you for your attention.
Drive Safely

#2119 Post by Drive Safely » 15 Jul 2020 06:20

New template for 1.38 has a new parameter called cabin_out. Seems to only trigger when the player looks out from the window.
darkbulldog

#2120 Post by darkbulldog » 16 Jul 2020 16:52

Hello do i need to convert my hornsounds again beceause i dont hear them on ats 1.38 but they work good on ets2 1.37

Return to “Modding Guides”