FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SlavJerry

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2491 Post by SlavJerry » 20 Aug 2021 06:31

I have question

what does remote sound mean?
[ external image ]
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
Drive Safely

#2492 Post by Drive Safely » 20 Aug 2021 06:33

@Slavthailand - I guess for multiplayer sound (other player's truck)
eeldavidgt

#2493 Post by eeldavidgt » 30 Aug 2021 04:26

I have a technical question.

Turns out, I'm making the air gear sound on the motor, and I'm doing it with Harven's method. But, when doing the test in the game, I see that it has a small delay in that effect sound, calculating 0.50 seconds.

Here's an example:
https://youtu.be/KxFAyxeMbbs

Comparing it with the sounds of the Kapitan Kriechbaum Mega-Pack of Engines, that effect occurs immediately, after I stop stepping on the accelerator, especially the CAT 3406, as in this video:
https://youtu.be/gYluEUI58L4

Does the use of the steering wheel, pedal and lever control influence so that this effect sounds yes or yes, or in some detail that I have to do in FMod?

Also, I have noticed that when the turbo sounds louder, the air gear sounds louder as well. How could I do it in FMod?

In advance, I thank you for the help.
SlavJerry

#2494 Post by SlavJerry » 30 Aug 2021 05:27

@eeldavidgt I recommended to set trigger at 0.80

or maybe delete silent in sound sample

edit: what parameter you set for trigger? load or turbo?
I make mods

Robinicus

#2495 Post by Robinicus » 30 Aug 2021 11:18

@eeldavidgt - glad you got it working - read the section in post 1 on using Live Update as you can set the triggers as suggested above and tweak based on realtime feedback.

The type of game input (wheel/keyboard etc) has no impact on this; the API side of FMOD sends output calls to the bank based on the game condition for load etc.

As far as volumes go, again, using Live Update you can tweak them by track to get the right balance you are after. You will learn after some trial and error that using FMOD, the sound in the game is not always exactly the same as what you hear in creating them....just takes some time using the tools to figure out a workflow that is best for you.
eeldavidgt

#2496 Post by eeldavidgt » 30 Aug 2021 12:04

Slavthailand wrote: 30 Aug 2021 05:27 @eeldavidgt I recommended to set trigger at 0.80

or maybe delete silent in sound sample

edit: what parameter you set for trigger? load or turbo?
According to Harven's method, I used the global parameter "engine_load", set two commands, one with the condition "not_loaded" in the range 0.10 and another with the condition "loaded" in the engine / load event. Finally I created a track in the turbo event, setting it in the range from 0.35 to 1.00 and I set the condition of "not_loaded".

"I recommended to set trigger at 0.80".
@Slavthailand In your recommendation, how should it be configured and what parameter do I have to condition it on?

If it speaks between 0 to 0.80 I will have to try it.
Robinicus wrote: 30 Aug 2021 11:18 @eeldavidgt - glad you got it working - read the section in post 1 on using Live Update as you can set the triggers as suggested above and tweak based on realtime feedback.

The type of game input (wheel/keyboard etc) has no impact on this; the API side of FMOD sends output calls to the bank based on the game condition for load etc.

As far as volumes go, again, using Live Update you can tweak them by track to get the right balance you are after. You will learn after some trial and error that using FMOD, the sound in the game is not always exactly the same as what you hear in creating them....just takes some time using the tools to figure out a workflow that is best for you.
@Robinicus
In fact, I have been using that feature for a while now, but I still have doubts about the lag despite making some adjustments.

As for the command issue, thanks for the clarification.

But looking closely, I detached the turbo parameter from the engine folder in the preset browser, creating it in a folder called turbo and it works for me. However, in Kapitan Kriechbaum's .bank.guids files I noticed that they are in "engine / turbo". Later I will test if the turbo parameter should stay in the "engine" folder and see if the delay is due to it.
Last edited by eeldavidgt on 30 Aug 2021 12:29, edited 4 times in total.
SlavJerry

#2497 Post by SlavJerry » 30 Aug 2021 12:17

@eeldavidgt well that's too complicated for me

for me i just put it in rpm parameter and set load trigger at 0.80
I make mods

eeldavidgt

#2498 Post by eeldavidgt » 30 Aug 2021 12:48

Slavthailand wrote: 30 Aug 2021 12:17 @eeldavidgt well that's too complicated for me

for me i just put it in rpm parameter and set load trigger at 0.80
@Slavthailand If you have a small picture of the condition you suggest, I appreciate it.

Although as I had previously commented to Rob, I have to check if the turbo parameter has to be in the "engine" folder and not in another "turbo" folder that I created within the preset browser, in order to establish two conditions within the rpm: load and turbo.
SlavJerry

#2499 Post by SlavJerry » 30 Aug 2021 13:03

@eeldavidgt
I made video for someone few days ago
I make mods

eeldavidgt

#2500 Post by eeldavidgt » 30 Aug 2021 13:10

@Slavthailand
Thank you very much for your help!