FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Smarty
Beta tester

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2431 Post by Smarty » 17 Apr 2021 07:12

Heh, I came up with something similar using sound_hookup when I was first making the 2000R. I had the same deal-breaker where the hookup wouldn't follow the trailers. A few people got overly excited when they saw the remnants of that little experiment. 😛
Drive Safely

#2432 Post by Drive Safely » 17 Apr 2021 07:41

@Smarty - Yes I remember seeing that that! :D

I can see why the sound doesn't follow the trailer. Because it wasn't intended for the trailer brace animation to occur while the trailer is moving
serialblack

#2433 Post by serialblack » 19 Apr 2021 02:29

@Drive Safely ya that was kinda where I was headed with my thinking already....so that obviously doesn't work....gotta be a way to do it though. Unless SCS is truly just using the absolute basics with FMod.....
KrysEmlyn

#2434 Post by KrysEmlyn » 20 Apr 2021 07:44

Maybe this code snippet from an ETS2 farm trailer definition might be useful?

Code: Select all

traffic_trailer : trailer.tractor
{
	accessories[]: .tractor_trlr.chassis
	accessories[]: .tractor_trlr.rwheel0

cargo_mass: 0

tags[]: "tractor"

sound_move: "/sound/traffic/truck_trailer.soundref"
}
You'd have to check to see what the sound routing is for this particular sound to see how it works and see if you can use it to get the reefer trailers to behave like you want them to.
Drive Safely

#2435 Post by Drive Safely » 20 Apr 2021 08:06

@KrysEmlyn - That looks like it's for AI traffic, but perhaps I can get reefer sounds for AI traffic reefer trailers working that way if the code even works
COGA72

#2436 Post by COGA72 » 23 Apr 2021 04:42

Hi guys. I come to support me with your enormous wisdom in fmod and scs 1.39x onwards.
It turns out that I am updating my sounds to the latest version of fmod bank. I have a sound problem with the sound lines for turn signals and parking brake lever.
I have set the sounds and events in the inner folder of my sound bank, but these sounds are still heard outside the truck when they shouldn't.
my sound configuration / location of definitions and references) follows the configuration that scs has on their trucks.
It may be a bit silly, but I've been trying to adjust the sound for about a week now so that it only stays inside the truck but is still heard outside
I appreciate your comments
PS: I have not found something similar in other threads or in this one, and for the same reason I think it is something so simple that I am ignoring and that is why I turn to you

https://youtu.be/Y3wV1f46j-w

location sound.sui reference
sounds[]: "blinker_off|/def/vehicle/truck/kenworth.w900.lyb/interior/sound_blinker_off.soundref"
sounds[]: "blinker_on|/def/vehicle/truck/kenworth.w900.lyb/interior/sound_blinker_on.soundref"
sounds[]: "stick_blinker|/def/vehicle/truck/kenworth.w900.lyb/interior/sound_stick_blinker.soundref"
sounds[]: "stick_blinker_off|/def/vehicle/truck/kenworth.w900.lyb/interior/sound_stick_blinker_off.soundref"
sounds[]: "stick_park_brake|/def/vehicle/truck/kenworth.w900.lyb/interior/sound_stick_park_brake.soundref"
sounds[]: "stick_park_brake_off|/def/vehicle/truck/kenworth.w900.lyb/interior/sound_stick_park_brake_off.soundref"

bank sound reference:

source="/sound/truck/CATC18_ACERT.bank#interior/blinker_off"

source="/sound/truck/CATC18_ACERT.bank#interior/blinker_on"

source="/sound/truck/CATC18_ACERT.bank#interior/stick_blinker"
the other sounds follow the same settings for the .SOUNDREF file
Drive Safely

#2437 Post by Drive Safely » 23 Apr 2021 04:59

@COGA72 - In your FMOD project, in Window > Mixer Routing make sure your events are placed in the interior group.

[ external image ]
COGA72

#2438 Post by COGA72 » 23 Apr 2021 06:32

@Drive Safely It may be wrong, but in 1.37 I kept them there and they worked without problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S3Qqt7 ... sp=sharing

unless it's something else
Drive Safely

#2439 Post by Drive Safely » 23 Apr 2021 08:51

@COGA72
I mean in Mixer Routing window, ensure your events are in that group

[ external image ]
COGA72

#2440 Post by COGA72 » 24 Apr 2021 01:02

@Drive Safely Thanks bro, it seems to work, although it sounds a little low.
thanks for your help

Return to “Modding Guides”