FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Rockeropasiempre

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2001 Post by Rockeropasiempre » 08 Jun 2020 01:21

@siebel3d

Thanks for your answer. The only way that I found so that this error does not occur, is for the moment making the changes in the project, building the bank again and exporting the guids every time.
This is unfortunate since if the volume is only slightly changed it would be enough to rebuild the bank and replace the old one. For some reason, you always have to re-export the guids.
Robinicus

#2002 Post by Robinicus » 08 Jun 2020 05:13

@siebel3d @Rockeropasiempre - this is normal; the Live Update function is intended to be used as part of the build process to validate work and would usually be done before building your bank and exporting GUIDS. The sound in game will not function properly after a session where LU has been used without a restart of the game as the connection to the API triggers it to go into test mode; we do not have access to all the tools on the API side, but if you have access to the API you build scenarios such as sound reflection in a tunnel or off a wall etc and then can run repeat driving scenarios where you test and adjust it. It is designed for that purpose and not for smooth gameplay after using it as it is developer tool we have very limited access to.
Rockeropasiempre

#2003 Post by Rockeropasiempre » 08 Jun 2020 06:51

@Robinicus

Thanks, I didn't know that the problem could be caused by this. Perhaps as an annotation you can include it on the main page of this topic.

Double post merged:

I want to ask a question regarding fmod keyboard shortcuts. With the help of some colleagues and with my own experience, I have been discovering some quite effective keyboard shortcuts to work more comfortably, such as pressing Alt. Left while turning the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the zoom, others like pressing the key " D "to get more work space, press the" B "key to horizontally expand the timeline etc, etc ...

But there is a shortcut that resists me, or at least I still couldn't get. It is about being able to move the time line horizontally. If you move the mouse wheel up or down, you get vertical scrolling, but I don't know how to scroll horizontally using keyboard shortcut. I have to do it manually, by clicking on the timeline and scrolling. Does anyone know if there is any other more comfortable way for this purpose ???
Last edited by Flemming V on 09 Jun 2020 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged into this.
exiled

#2004 Post by exiled » 08 Jun 2020 11:26

hello guys can i ask something about the load samples, when the engine downshifting how its impossimple to get sound from load when the load slider is down or i am missing something? i am using ableton live for long time to make music so with filter automation its not impossimple but i have see some videos from sound mods how can i do that
Robinicus

#2005 Post by Robinicus » 08 Jun 2020 11:40

@Rockeropasiempre - note the section on customizing the shortcuts, you aren't limited to the defaults :)

Shift+mousewheel up
Scroll left in the editor. Only available in tracks view.
Shift+mousewheel down
Scroll right in the editor. Only available in tracks view.

https://www.fmod.com/resources/document ... rence.html

@exiled - you use the no_fuel or unloaded (whatever you named it) track for these sounds; if you meant you are getting load sounds when you don't want them you can adjust the load threshold with the magnet.
hawkbs

#2006 Post by hawkbs » 08 Jun 2020 12:00

Max wrote: 07 Jun 2020 18:50 we want the documentation as complete as possible, but we have lack of time, lack of people and still making some changes inside.
but i know how you support all sound modders this time. thanks a lot. i will try to fill at least the mixer to most complete data.
is there any other (rather minor and straightforward) task that would help you?
Hi @Max , glad to see you addressing this.
One big problem Ive had is using custom sounds on movers. Everything I have tried just doesnt work.
I use them for creaking bridges and also cracking ice on Ice road crossings.
I also have a custom sound for Loadscreens while using the Ferry/Train system.
Unfortunately this has caused me to suspend bringing the map forward to 1.37 so it is currently stuck at 1.36.1.41s
until this issue is resolved.

Any help you could give us for things like this would Im sure be grately welcomed by alot of people here, myself included.
Unfortunately the Documentation on the wiki only covers Truck Sounds, which doesn't help me at all.
Last edited by hawkbs on 08 Jun 2020 12:07, edited 3 times in total.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
exiled

#2007 Post by exiled » 08 Jun 2020 12:00

@Robinicus right and if your are downsifting, the load preset is 0 so how i can do that with a magnet its a little bit tricky :D
Robinicus

#2008 Post by Robinicus » 08 Jun 2020 12:06

@exiled - what are you trying to do? Are you trying to add sounds for downshifting or are you trying to remove sounds that are there?

If you want to add sounds set the magnet for load very close to 0 (like 0.01) and if you want to cut sounds that are there raise it to something like 0.3; you need to do some experimenting though to find the sweet spot, if you raise it too high you will get weird effects when under partial throttle when at highway speed.
exiled

#2009 Post by exiled » 08 Jun 2020 12:13

@Robinicus yes i want to add sound for downshifting so its the only way to do that in the rpm section thank you for helping me
Robinicus

#2010 Post by Robinicus » 08 Jun 2020 12:21

@exiled - if you aren't happy with the end result of just adjusting the magnet, keep in mind you can add another load track and tweak it only for that purpose. Just copy your existing load track and paste it in below, then you can tweak as you want without impacting the existing load track if you are mostly happy with it.

Return to “Modding Guides”