FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Robinicus

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2141 Post by Robinicus » 02 Aug 2020 13:21

@room217au - interesting, I always used 1/0 for turbo parameters from the start, never used the approach Harven shared but a good tip for those who did.
MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team - Whoot! We finally moved to closed beta in prep for August 18th release!

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

My sound work is only for friends from now on

room217au

#2142 Post by room217au » 03 Aug 2020 04:12

@Robinicus You'd reckon tho, that the turbo parameter would be governed by rpm, right? So the value 0/3000 (given that 3000rpm was the maximum in that project) would seem to be appropriate.
What's really gonna bake your noodle is that in the other engines, which also have the 0/3000 parameter values, the turbo continues to work. Only the ISXs engine lost it's turbo sound.
I asked Kriechbaum about it and he said "check the manufacturer of turbo. If it's a Garret, it's f**ked" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I replied that I thought the high pressure oil feed to the turbo had come loose, or maybe it just fell off :D
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

dtrek1

#2143 Post by dtrek1 » 04 Aug 2020 12:16

Can anyone recommend the best sound settings of the sliders within game?

Kameer

#2144 Post by Kameer » 04 Aug 2020 13:24

Hey can someone please tell me where would 'ventilo' sound files go? Do they go into the load section or the fuel(nofuel) section?
Subscribe to my Youtube channel: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjqw_ ... aCl9Rc7mOg[/youtube]

My Steam Profile: [steamurl]https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198197031474/[/steamurl]

Robinicus

#2145 Post by Robinicus » 04 Aug 2020 14:03

@Kameer - those are the fan sounds, you can put them wherever you want depending on what you are looking for....most people would put them in the load track, I did something very different on mine
MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team - Whoot! We finally moved to closed beta in prep for August 18th release!

Kameer

#2146 Post by Kameer » 04 Aug 2020 14:24

Oh ok thanks so much :)
Last edited by supersobes on 04 Aug 2020 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
Subscribe to my Youtube channel: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjqw_ ... aCl9Rc7mOg[/youtube]

My Steam Profile: [steamurl]https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198197031474/[/steamurl]

cip

#2147 Post by cip » 10 Aug 2020 12:32

music sounds now: I'll be damn if understand anything what's the problem in ATS while everything works fine in ETS2 :lol:
I wanted my rock music back at game pause menu, at service and truck dealers while I update my truck and the hurry up time. I identified that the responsible bank for this is music.bank. so I tried first in ETS2 with the easy way. I unpacked the bank and replaced the sounds with my sounds at the same wav format 32 bit float as the original sounds. I re-packed the mod with the same FMOD tool and activated with high priority. to my surprise it worked perfectly, I have my music back with no issues .
confident that it should work the same in ATS if I only copy the same mod in the mod folder but it did not. so I followed the same procedure as in ETS2. I unpacked the ATS music bank and replaced the sounds with my sounds, repacked and still did not work. I hear no sounds at all now moreover my game freezes every time I try to exit, with the only option to restart PC. for the moment I returned to default music but still if this work in ETS2 why wouldn't work in ATS since I replace the same sounds ? what am I doing wrong? thanks
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

mjhonnes

#2148 Post by mjhonnes » 14 Aug 2020 17:04

hello guys, I have a problem and I can't solve it, I need to put an end to the engine brake loop with a sound, and a jake debut, but i don't know how i do it

kriechbaum make it something like i need in v8 open pipe scania engine brake sound

Robinicus

#2149 Post by Robinicus » 14 Aug 2020 18:01

@mjhonnes - just add the asset you want to use to play only once instead of looped, set the parameter for engine brake moving from on state to off state and set the magnet accordingly

serialblack

#2150 Post by serialblack » 16 Aug 2020 22:14

Ok so I get the feeling I'm either denser than a brick, or just really dumb....

I am trying to change some of the default in cab sounds, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. I tried something I thought would be easy, such as the parking brake, or the missed gear "grind" noise......but I can't seem to work out how. I assume I need a bank and a 3d sound, then place the sound within the timeline parameter? And if that's correct what about naming? or file structure, etc. I'm so lost here, engines are waaay easier lol. Any info or videos (I'm more of a visual learner) out there? any help wouuld be greatly appreciated....

Return to “General discussion about the game”