General AI Discussion

The Old Fart

Re: General AI Discussion

#141 Post by The Old Fart » 15 Jun 2020 02:24

@cip, I can confirm your findings. I've tested your updated traffic density mod on a long haul (6 hours real time driving) and have had no issues at all. Better than that, I see exactly what you see: traffic runs much better in urban areas, ramps are rarely an issue anymore and traffic density is pretty realistic everywhere. I didn't even see one car stuck on a ramp by a weigh station. There are still the obvious prefab issues but that's another story.

I think you nailed it, well done and thanks!
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
flight50

#142 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2020 15:32

This is great new @cip. I haven't used your mod in a while because I haven't been on the profile in which I have it activated. But sounds like once I do return to that profile, it will be much better. Thanks for all your efforts.

Has anyone actually made a bug report about the AI basically running the stop sign/red light and stopping in the middle of their turn? To me, this is the most annoying part about the AI. It didn't use to be like this. The past few updates seems as though its when this all happened.
cip

#143 Post by cip » 15 Jun 2020 17:52

thanks guys! and yes @flight50 we do what we can do to improve traffic and fix what we can fix ;)
as for bug reports, SCS seem to have forgot completely about traffic ! I have bug reports since October 2019 not yet fixed :lol: when Max and Co. will return to fixing traffic they know where to find me if they still need my reports about traffic. for me the worse is at roadworks and surprisingly this only happens in ATS. not only that every single Ai will stop for 1-2 seconds at road works, even if it's green, but sometimes Ai will stop just before they must return to their lane after to road work ends. not even a light push won't make these Ai moving :lol: coincidence or not the traffic at roadworks has been destroyed when scs has added the new semaphores at roadworks, which is about the last thing that SCS made for traffic...
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
flight50

#144 Post by flight50 » 15 Jun 2020 18:37

Yeah, I don't understand the AI stopping at the light on green for the roadworks. It use to work fine, at least I thought once it first came out. I know there is a report on it.
KrysEmlyn

#145 Post by KrysEmlyn » 16 Jun 2020 12:41

I'm guessing it has something to do with the stop line object that sits on the ground in front of the signal as it does have a traffic rule assigned to it.
Perhaps there should be a variant of that object with the rule removed to make things flow more smoothly?
danbywinby

#146 Post by danbywinby » 16 Jun 2020 13:06

The issue with the AI and green lights at roadworks only occurs in ATS because only ATS has the new random event roadworks. I'm going to guess that this bug is the reason why we haven`t seen these new random event roadworks also added to ETS2 yet.
cip

#147 Post by cip » 16 Jun 2020 16:01

@danbywinby so you mean that ATS received new road events in 1.36 and ETS2 don't? so something has been destroyed with this update then. definitely ETS2 has also the same type of road events and even the new semaphores at these road works (not sure about the new semaphores though) and yet no issues in ETS2
I have quit SCS forum...
danbywinby

#148 Post by danbywinby » 16 Jun 2020 16:11

@cip

I believe so yes, as far as i can tell from what i've seen ATS has random roadwork events where traffic shares one side of the road as dictated by the traffic lights (these are the ones that the AI have an issue with as you have stated before).

These random roadwork events are not present in ETS2 as far as i can tell. I may be incorrect but as far as i can tell the only road works in ETS2 that have traffic lights are prefabs that are always there.
cip

#149 Post by cip » 16 Jun 2020 16:18

maybe there are not as many as in ATS but I am very sure that ETS2 has also road works on 1x1 lanes where one lane is closed and there is a semaphore, this since the road works have been implemented also in ETS2. and in ETS2 Ai are not bugged as in ATS, they do not stop before when it's green and also they don't get stuck at the end of the road work
I have quit SCS forum...
flight50

#150 Post by flight50 » 16 Jun 2020 16:35

I wish the random event for theAI was fixed like ETS2 then. Is it not as simple as copying the codes that work in ETS2 to ATS? I guess if that was the case, they would have done it already. At least copy and tweak as necessary. But I'd like to know what is really driving the poor AI at that roadworks in ATS. I really like the event. Its perhaps my favorite one to come upon because its so unique and gives back roads a chance to be included more in events.

I know the devs do introduce new event periodically. I hope they haven't forgotten about the old ones. The warning signage really needs more distance in ATS as well. I made a report but it was denied attention. At night in the dark on a curve, with AI already piled up is the worse case I have come upon. These signs could at least be 1/4 of a mile in advance (.40 km). That allows better stopping distances. Especially for those of us that have very low brake intensity settings. Currently I have to use a mod for added distance but the devs can make it global and not be mod dependent.

Return to “General discussion about the game”