General AI Discussion

joschac2

General AI Discussion

#1 Post by joschac2 » 09 Mar 2020 20:03

Like the title says, This is thread is to talk about how the Ai could be appoved,General annoyance of Ai and some funny moments of AI
B.J. McKay

Re: General AI Discussion

#2 Post by B.J. McKay » 09 Mar 2020 20:18

Pretty sure this is illegal in any state, and not just for the Police!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HEg6DvWrhVSAKweR8
genbrien

#3 Post by genbrien » 09 Mar 2020 20:28

Would be REALLY! appreciated if AI trucks would not stop completely before merging on highways.
Biggest gripe for me.
Also, maybe make AIs give a bit more priority for us when we have our flashers ON to change line on highways
In general, the rest is fine/acceptable IMO
joschac2

#4 Post by joschac2 » 09 Mar 2020 20:59

@B.J. McKay :lol: :lol: :lol: I,v seen that happen

@genbrien There seems to be a fine line to that. Some AI do let me over to change lanes, But most of teh time they don.t, Just like real life
rbsanford

#5 Post by rbsanford » 09 Mar 2020 21:20

When AI vehicles are going to turn at a red light, they should stay stopped behind the stop line and wait for a gap in cross traffic before turning. Currently they pull into the intersection to wait for clearance, and sometimes they don't even wait, unexpectedly cutting into traffic that has the right of way. There have been a few times where I've accidentally hit a car that made an illegal turn like this, and I had to pay a fine each time. Realistically, the offending car would pay the consequences: a fine for the unlawful move, and the damages from being hit by a semi.

As for funny moments, here's the weirdest AI accident I've come across:
[ external image ]
I just found it like that, sitting on I-5. I would've loved to see how it happened, lol.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
B.J. McKay

#6 Post by B.J. McKay » 09 Mar 2020 21:37

joschac2 wrote: 09 Mar 2020 20:59 @B.J. McKay :lol: :lol: :lol: I,v seen that happen

@genbrien There seems to be a fine line to that. Some AI do let me over to change lanes, But most of teh time they don.t, Just like real life
It wasn't the truck in front of me I was referring to, it was the police car that passed in to oncoming traffic.

Mike
Iowa80

#8 Post by Iowa80 » 10 Mar 2020 01:11

1. I don't like when they sometimes stop to let you turn when they have the right of way. This usually seems to happen when making left turns coming from a road, or if your nose is closer to, but not sticking out into, the road or intersection. I suppose it's nice of the AI to let me in, but not realistic so I don't like it.

2. It would be great if, where possible, the AI on an expressway would move over a lane to let the player and other AI merge. This could partially help the issue with other AI completely stopping on ramps.

3. It seems like every AI truck in the game is both overloaded and underpowered. It's painful ending up behind one on a two lane road. The first two items here would require such an overhaul of the AI algorithms that I have no idea if it would be feasible for SCS to attempt. However, it can't be that hard to make the AI trucks go the speed limit, and not take five hours to reach that speed.

4. On very rare occasion, two or more AI collide with each other and never drive away from the scene, blocking traffic indefinitely so the only way to continue with your load is to restart the game. Usually a truck or bus is involved and the algorithm can't figure out how to turn them around. I'm sure SCS can fix this, although because I have only had this happen to me a couple of times it's not a major concern for me.
PBandJ

#9 Post by PBandJ » 10 Mar 2020 01:50

When going from 2 lanes to 4 lanes or visa versa, don't hit brakes and slow way down. When going through a road construction site stop light and it is green don't completely stop and then continue on every car going through it. Never happens in real life around me lol.
joschac2

#10 Post by joschac2 » 10 Mar 2020 02:15

For me
The AI breaking hard to take a exit on the highway bugs me alot

Return to “General discussion about the game”