General AI Discussion

danbywinby

Re: General AI Discussion

#151 Post by danbywinby » 17 Jun 2020 05:49

@cip

The ones that ETS2 has are prefabs that have been there since the release of the game. Where as the ones in ATS are random events.
cip

#152 Post by cip » 17 Jun 2020 09:11

@danbywinby you do road events mods so I believe you! I was always convinced that ETS2 has also road events on 1x1 roads with one lane blocked, other than those in fixed place :lol: I will look in the events files to check if it's possible to remove those in ATS because are horrible, every second event ends up with g_traffic 0 to clear the traffic :lol: too bad for the Natvander's semaphores but I would have preferred the old semaphores and with Ai not bugged ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
PBandJ

#153 Post by PBandJ » 26 Jun 2020 14:55

Its really starting to get old when an AI vehicle changes lanes into your trailer or truck and you are fined for the wreck. Numerous times on modded or vanilla profile this has happened. Another one is where they turn from a red light or stop sign into you and you get fined. No where that I have ever been in the US is this common practice. Also traffic stopping on highways to allow merging traffic to come out is another hazard that should not be there. Cruising down the highway to all of a sudden come up on 2 lanes of traffic stopped or nearly stopped to let a car merge out on to the highway. Never happen IRL. Very dangerous concept, would get lots of people killed. Very unrealistic. Hopefully AI's will be updated in upcoming releases to change these unrealistic actions.....:)
MichaelALAD

#154 Post by MichaelALAD » 21 Jul 2020 08:33

Yes it's basically the complete list of Artificial Idiot problems in ATS. And don't forget about kids. I mean lots of young people who never were behind the wheel (for obvious reasons) take behavior patterns from the game. Wrong patterns (I still wonder why some organisations like NHTSA still keep silent :mrgreen: ). I know, I know, it's only a game and my post is a joke but seriously, stopping on a fast lane is the most stupid and the most dangerous thing you can do on a highway (except maybe for driving backwards). What's wrong with you guys?

P.S. And don't forget that lots of weigh stations and rest areas (even on considerably old maps as New Mexico or Oregon) have their 15 mph speed limit stretched waaaay in to the highway, so - what to do? The poor AI truck pulls into the fast lane and literally keeps driving 15 mph on it! Lots of places have sudden speed limit drops too - you go 65 then it's suddenly 35 (without any sign of course) then it's 65 again, and AI obviously follows these limits. So partially it's not the AI flaw, it's bugged maps.
Last edited by Flemming V on 21 Jul 2020 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Please don't quote post right above.
MMcSAA08

#155 Post by MMcSAA08 » 06 Oct 2020 02:00

Random events don't really bother me, unless they are on a route I need to take. Random events blocking a offramp/onramp have not bothered me as much in ATS, than in ETS2. Sometimes I manage to slip through, if there is enough space to pass the accident random event with the med-evac chopper, but there are instances like in narrower motorways where I am forced off the highway, or to go onto the opposing lane, when a detour is not available. These types of random events are not affected by the random events slider, as I found out.
flight50

#156 Post by flight50 » 06 Oct 2020 10:26

@APaa12070589 sounds like you are referring to detours, not random events. Random events only block part of the road, not the entire path.

Adjust detours slider, not random event slider.
nater6540

#157 Post by nater6540 » 14 Apr 2021 19:15

joschac2 wrote: 09 Mar 2020 20:59 @B.J. McKay :lol: :lol: :lol: I,v seen that happen

@genbrien There seems to be a fine line to that. Some AI do let me over to change lanes, But most of teh time they don.t, Just like real life
Yeah, I’ve gotten pinned between a guardrail and the AI itself as it suddenly changed lines with no warning, what the heck is wrong with the AI???
hangman005

#158 Post by hangman005 » 15 Apr 2021 09:32

My biggest frustration with Detours is the unneccesary blocking of lanes of traffic to block the off ramps.

The AI... well watching Nimera driving during Iberia Release Stream, I'm pretty sure he is just all the AI traffic :lol:
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
Felk

#159 Post by Felk » 15 Apr 2021 23:32

Man, nothing is more annoying than coming at high speed and traffic suddently stops for vehicles to enter from ramps. Most of times I just come and make a giant strike.

After graphical improvements, SCS should really focus into a more stable, reliable and realistic AI, and give tools for traffic mods to adapt better with more density.
dkasper00

#160 Post by dkasper00 » 16 Apr 2021 19:22

I've found that if you have wheels of the line on the shoulder the AI thinks you are on the shoulder and will change lanes thus striking you.

Honestly, with Iberia releasing, I'd rather have the ATS AI. The AI behavior on the round a bouts has not been fixed since Beyond the Baltic released. Can also add in stopping in the drive through toll lanes now as well.

Both need a major overhaul in terms of AI behavior. Hopefully it comes in time for Texas and Heart of Russia.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.

Return to “General discussion about the game”