Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

rip_c_bennington

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#381 Post by rip_c_bennington » 29 Mar 2021 05:48

For me the biggest issue in Nevada are the two missing parts of the US 95.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#382 Post by BattlePeasant » 29 Mar 2021 06:06

Northern California looks definitely worse than southern California. I have expressed a negative opinion about reworking the basemap, but if you start reworking, then you should rework the northern part. I don't know what Los Angeles actually looks, in my opinion it doesn't look so bad. But the port of San Francisco looks like a village barn, which is a bit of a problem.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
flight50

#383 Post by flight50 » 29 Mar 2021 06:15

Hmmm. Not a bad idea. California phase 1, Nevada Phase 1, California Phase 2..........at least I-80 would be completely redone to give us from Wyoming all the way to San Francisco in high detail and all current standards. I-15 in Nevada is basically done enough. Its just South of Vegas to Primm. Assuming Phase 1 California goes to I-80 of course. So far, no details on what is Phase 1 California.

If we have 4 map leads and the rebuild team is fairly complete by end of the year or this time next year, I wonder if SCS goes with:
1) after Texas, produce 3 map dlc's a year
2) after Texas 2 map dlc's and 2 rebuild teams
interstate trav

#384 Post by interstate trav » 29 Mar 2021 21:40

I have to say I think Southern California needs the rebuild the most, in real life it’s so much more Dense, and the scenery doesn’t match, and Los Angeles only has a little feel when your on Ocean Ave. Los Angeles should have more delivery Cities, and there need to be updated scenery and added freeways like the 14 the 405 part of the 110.

Northern California while I agree needs some work is the more rural part of the state so it feeling empty doesn’t bother me as much, but I’m looking forward to the rebuild. Southern California the 5 south of the 99 jct should be. Three or four lanes each way all the way to San Diego. The 14 needs to be a Freeway and add Mojave. Barstow is nothing like the real one.

The 80 in Nevada is very dull in my opinion because you go hundreds of miles without an exit, for the 70 in Utah that’s fine because it is that rural, but there are more towns on the 80 in Nevada. If the 15 was reworked in Primm from Barstow to Primm to include the drop to the Stateline that would also be a huge improvement, and then it’s the Cajon Pass and everything south of that.
angrybirdseller

#385 Post by angrybirdseller » 29 Mar 2021 23:25

Rework California incrementally like the rest of the base map. Rebuild I-5 along with CA-99 add in more realistic truck stops along both these corridors. Think California will take couple years to reskin like Germany. They need assets for truck stops and landmarks. Work on California based assets first, then Nevada, then Arizona at last.

I would rebuild some of the map base map cities even in Arizona sectors Kingman standout as one would benefit along with Phoenix and Flagstaff. Add truck on I-40 off exit 163 in Williams Arizona. For now, California standout needing the most work along with Northern Nevada with I-80.
Driving2005

#386 Post by Driving2005 » 09 Apr 2021 15:28

It would be cool to see coachella hill on the game at night when youre going down it you can see the entire coachella valley it looks nice. It would also be nice if the i-10 intersection and 86 highway were more realistic. The "Gas station" exit on westbound 10 could be Chiriaco summit. The city of Blythe could be more realistic with Lovekin or intake exits.
Bedavd

#387 Post by Bedavd » 09 Apr 2021 17:59

With the new Renault and Iberia out, we should hopefully see some blog bias toward ATS, specifically Wyoming, Texas, and things that'll come with 1.41 including (fingers crossed) the NorCal rebuild. I'm so curious to see some more WIP pics of what they've changed and maybe even added, more so than I am on more pics of either upcoming DLC.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
clifflandmark

#388 Post by clifflandmark » 10 Apr 2021 02:06

I guess ETS' first hype been completed for half of this year. Next object is ATS'. I feel hyped for California rebuild. We saw few things and want to see new ambient.
Voltaire1971

#389 Post by Voltaire1971 » 10 Apr 2021 08:31

I agree with some parts of California being in need of some rework. In late 2016, when the resize of the base map was done, one could see where parts were redone and probably a bit too hasty so. I don`t blame anyone, that`s life. But maybe someday down the road SCS pulls a Germany on California.
flight50

#390 Post by flight50 » 10 Apr 2021 12:09

@Voltaire1971 SCS already announced California is getting rebuilt on the 2020 xmas stream. They showed us pics already so California is already getting the Germany treatment. This rebuild is actually suppose to be all of the base map though but Northern California is what's said to be first on the menu.

Return to “General discussion about the game”