Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

angrybirdseller

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#391 Post by angrybirdseller » 13 Apr 2021 13:55

Plaster and Son prefab holdcover from ETS2 in base map the Euro-Style apartment construction should use newer ones in base map for residential construction.

Think be phase 1 rebuild will go just north of Sacramento while Phase 2 will go to where I-5 and CA-99.

Just hope some older delivery prefabs get replaced with re-works as some construction sites are obvious replacements.
Tristman

#392 Post by Tristman » 13 Apr 2021 17:24

I hope that awful Plaster & Sons prefab with the long and narrow entryway and the old Eddy's/small Wallbert prefabs will be phased out over time. They are a nightmare to park at, and some cargoes seem rather unsuitable for them as well.
flight50

#393 Post by flight50 » 13 Apr 2021 17:43

^Agreed on Eddy's and Wallbert. They are too small for today's ATS. Its a pain for conventional trucks with a 53'. Not completely impossible but discouraging for many to bother parking all the time. Add a sleeper to your truck and some of the lingering base map companies are just not up to longer trailer options. Luckily the prefabs are getting better and more suited for lcv's and 53' trailers. I hope we get 57' trailers someday. There are a few states that allow them. Especially in Texas. We don't allow anything other than pup double in regards to multiple trailers so the only thing we can get is longer trailers. There area handful of connected states that we can get 57' trailers to.
Felk

#394 Post by Felk » 15 Apr 2021 23:38

I've been just playing more ETS in April and noticed that old Eddy's and Wallbert prefabs are just ETS recicled ones. They're a pain to manouver in ETS with cabovers and shorter trailers, in ATS is almost a impossible task with a conventional and 53' trailer.

Also expecting some town gas stations that are also imported from ETS to be updated.
flight50

#395 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 01:12

I understand the shortcuts taken in 2013-2014 when ATS started development. The learning curve the devs had to go thru was high. But the base map stuff, pretty much all the assets need to go. New prefabs need to be build or rebuild the older content to be much larger and more North American truck friendly. I am cool with ETS2 imports but they need to be NA friendly. Larger turning radiuses are a must. Even the older Wallbert warehouses are bad. When doubles, triples or RMD spawn, you are pretty much touching the fence ahead of you. If you have static trailer beside you, when you pull out, its almost impossible not to get damage. When HH loads spawn on some of these pre 2019 dlc's, same thing. They are just too small. Conventional trucks alone demand more space. Throw in a lcv and things get tight reallll fast.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#396 Post by BattlePeasant » 16 Apr 2021 01:23

In another topic, they say that parking is too easy, here - that it is too difficult. I like Eddy's, it is not like other prefabs. I would not like to see it removed or revised.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
Grizzly

#397 Post by Grizzly » 16 Apr 2021 01:48

I don't really mind the challenge but they should go for realism. I'd like to see underground distribution centres but I gather that might be more common in the east.
flight50

#398 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 02:02

BattlePeasant wrote: 16 Apr 2021 01:23 In another topic, they say that parking is too easy,
That's ETS2 and using a COE, so yeahhh its easy. The same can not be said in ATS. A conventional truck with a sleeper is much harder to maneuver. Challenges are cool and all but not everyone that plays the game is skilled. Just like many people play the game on potato pc's.........there are many that play as casual gamers and not too serious about the game either. Make it too hard and they won't play. If you already have difficult prefabs to deliver too that are not sized for NA trucks, they don't play or forfeit that job. I'm not going to sit there every time and take 5-10 minutes trying to park a truck like I am doing the SCS parking challenge. I'd rather get another load asap and be on my way.

If you have to pop a curb to park, the parking space is too tight and I am sure almost everyone that plays, has popped a curb or two to park. Or bumped some type of obstacle that would be trashed in real life. The basemap prefabs just don't work well since they introduce 53' trailers. 48' trailers.....not much of an issue but the standard is 53' and that is what most people will haul when they have a van with a conventional sleeper truck because its the most common.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#399 Post by BattlePeasant » 16 Apr 2021 04:38

I think that's why you have the option to choose the difficulty of parking. Eddy's looks absolutely realistic. In many other prefabs, the difficulty is artificially increased. This is annoying. It is not the difficulty of parking itself that is annoying, but the fact that it could easily have been avoided by pushing away a lying object or driving away a forklift.
I like Eddy's. I don't like the small Rail Export prefab, it doesn't look very much like a railroad depot (maybe I'm wrong). When the developers created this prefab, they probably thought more about the difficulty of parking than about realism. If you enlarge the yard, and then put boxes there that prevent you from maneuvering, it will look much worse. Okay, expand the yard on two feet, just don’t have to stack boxes in the way.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
flight50

#400 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 05:25

The issue with Eddy 's is that if you go in forward with a 53' trailer and you have to park in bay 1( closest to the wall), you have to jackknife and basically come back the way you came. Then fight your way back and cut hard. Not impossible, just tedious and not worth it all the time. Jackknifing on purpose with a full load isn't exactly realistic. Backing into bay one from the entrance isn't possible because the parking lot is too small to even get into it. If you reverse in from the street, you have to make 2 hard cuts and that's not realistic. Eddy's and Voltison from the base map are the tightest ones. The base map Rail Depot is only tough if you have to go into that far cubby hole that makes you do a blind L turn between those crates. You have to jacknife there too though. The base map prefabs just aren't made for 53' or anything that came Summer of 2017 which are articulated trailers and the hh dlc. That's why for the newer dlc's, you don't really see much of them. I typically avoid Eddy's and Voltison when I can. The Rail Depot, yes I choose the quick parking majority of the time no matter what trailer I am with. At least SCS removed the trailer that was always in the way if you had a hh load to park.

Return to “General discussion about the game”