Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

ThatWeirdTrucker

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#481 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 08 May 2021 16:35

leo.arevalo12ss wrote: 08 May 2021 15:40 Las Vegas wouldn't likely get a rework because it was reworked recently for 1.38 but for other cities, i see it happening
I wish they reworked the terrain too, I don't know why they left it out.
flight50

#482 Post by flight50 » 08 May 2021 17:58

leo.arevalo12ss wrote: 08 May 2021 15:40 Las Vegas wouldn't likely get a rework because it was reworked recently for 1.38 but for other cities, i see it happening
Notice I said polish Vegas, not reworked. There are many parts of Vegas that is still base map like. There is a lot more industry West of I-15. The depots we do have in game aren't exactly long trailer friendly as the city layout isn't really reflective of the industry that is there. Once Primm is redone, that can change some things coming into Vegas. There are several quarries around Vegas that could get added:
PABCO Gypsum - there can easily be drywall in ATS as cargo. We do have gypsum for the sliding tarp but we need it for flatbeds
Lhoist North America - a limestone quarry. ATS seriously needs this. We have cement in the game but you can't have cement without limestone. We are getting coal with Wyoming. Copy the ETS2 limestone prefabs and cargo
Western Mining and Materials - Small but this is right across the road from the new Loves that could be a new quarry in the game
Unknown - This one doesn't have a name but its huge. There are dumper all around this place.
First Solar Electric - If ATS gets the solar panel depot like ETS2
Nevada Solar One - or use this one from ETS2 if we get the rest of US-95
Certainteed Manufacturing Plant - a building materials facility that we seriously need. This should feed construction depots and Home Store
Yucca Mountain could go to Vegas or to Tonopah if we ever got Nuclear Plants.

West of I-15 we have Best Buy, Sam's Club, Home Depot, Ikea, Walmart, Lowes, RC Willey, Target, Kohls, JC Penney and Costco just to name a few. The layout in Vegas isn't exactly accurate in regards to where real companies are. Wyoming isn't out yet, nor is Texas. California....ehhh no telling if it brings new companies that could also be used in Vegas or elsewhere. More than likely not but we don't know that. So if Texas or Wyoming adds new companies that also exist in Vegas, they could get added there as well. Otherwise it will be a very very long time before Vegas is visited again if ever. The huge miss on the new Las Vegas Raiders stadium not added right off I-15 should come. We have other stadiums in the game, this one should be in place as well. Its definitely in view.
Shiva

#483 Post by Shiva » 08 May 2021 21:32

flight50, the unknown is Apex Landfill Generation Plant, Nevada, USA. https://www.dcoenergy.com/node/22
Well, part of it atleast. Might be possible to shoehorn it in, but would be tight!
Western Mining and Materials, maybe.
Certainteed Manufacturing Plant, maybe.
First Solar Electric? Put it In! I say.
By the way, Primm does need a makeover too.
Or replace the Chemso at Primm with one of the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Nipton, CA, USA. It is scenery at the moment.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ivanp ... 15.4705249
Altho, it would not have the correct entry from I-15? That space needed for Port of Entry/California Inspection Nipton, Nipton, CA, USA
If one checks the link, they'll find out where the port of entry/inspection station was previously as the last destination.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
clifflandmark

#484 Post by clifflandmark » 09 May 2021 03:52

angrybirdseller wrote: 08 May 2021 07:54
Will California be at detail and quality of Colorado? No, it will be acceptable to blend in with existing map DLC.
It depends on expectations. I'm pleased with the scenery of Mt. Shasta in blog but they only mentioned Northern California. I can't say Southern California's city area can reach detail in Colorado mountains. but these are different things. Cities are hard to work on.There's no big city except Denver in Colorado that we to compare to California's mega cities. So, in Northern CA, I expect a quality like in the newer DLCs'.As we get to the south, quality will decrease because of city and road density. 1:20 scaling pushes developer to shorten and cut whatelse you might to think to include in game.
SmokeyWolf

#485 Post by SmokeyWolf » 09 May 2021 05:26

@flight50 Ag station doesn't check tandem placement, that is the scale houses job. Cali has a lot of scales.
angrybirdseller

#486 Post by angrybirdseller » 09 May 2021 09:04

California will get the bulk of the rebuild but expectation only California and I-80 getting more most of the rebuild, while the other parts of base map will be rebuilt with smaller updates like shifting AZ-85 to the west or the straighter I-8. Expectations California will be bulk of the improvements and I-80 in Nevada other done with smaller updates.
flight50

#487 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2021 09:58

@Larry71490 Thanks. I literally had to go back several pages just to see what you were responding too, lol. I had posted several times since then and to other threads so that comment was long forgotten. It would help if you quote what you are responding to if it's several pages back though.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#488 Post by BattlePeasant » 10 May 2021 07:33

I don't like agricultural inspection stations at all. This brings the game closer to reality, but I think that many will hate them.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
flight50

#489 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 13:32

They are only in California and Florida so it won't be that big of an issue. Its no worse than the numerous border crossings in ETS2. It does add another level of immersion though.
parasaurolophus67

#490 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 10 May 2021 13:32

wait Florida too? ;-;

Return to “General discussion about the game”