Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

phylip25

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#871 Post by phylip25 » 24 Jun 2021 19:08

Lake Havasu City, Arizona deserves to be in game. At least as a scenic town. It has a original London Bridge relocated there from the UK. Just add a new route 95 along the eastern side of Colorado River between Ehrensburg and I-40 near Kingman.

''London Bridge is a bridge in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. It was originally built in the 1830s and formerly spanned the River Thames in London, England. The bridge was purchased by Robert P. McCulloch from the City of London in 1968. McCulloch had exterior granite blocks from the original bridge cut and transported to the United States for use in the construction of a new bridge in Lake Havasu City, a planned community he established in 1964 on the shore of Lake Havasu.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Br ... vasu_City)
Attachments
London_Bridge_Lake_Havasu,_aerial_view_1973,_Film0_A_6-11-b.jpg
flight50

#872 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 19:48

Nothing in the base map can be compared to what SCS does now though. Roads are done much better along with detailing. I'm fairly content with most vegetation along the roads as they seem to fit. But between the junctions, the banking on the roads, too sharp of a turn on the interstates and the accuracy in general, most of the roads can get replaced or adjusted. Rework the terrains to connect to the new roads, better textures and replace all the lifeless mountains and that cleans up a ton of stuff. The mountains in most of the base map is not impressive at all compared to now.

Create new assets where necessary and bring in the newer depots. Lots of new prefabs have come since the base map days.
axl135

#873 Post by axl135 » 24 Jun 2021 23:20

I just got 1.41 public beta today, and took a run down I-5 through Northern California. What a world of difference for that stretch from the Oregon state border to Sacramento! It was pitch black by the time I passed through Redding, but I can still see the difference even though I can't see further out to the east or west from the highway. As others have stated in a number of ways, there is still an aching void between I-5 and the Nevada state border. I look forward to how the rest of California will change in due time.
angrybirdseller

#874 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Jun 2021 04:47

Glad they are upgrading base map as I-5 from north of I-80 looks far better now. Think it will take time to upgrade like Germany did in ETS2. Just hope 1.42 will get some rebuilt city before the end of the year. The newer assets along with new basemap ones will greatly improve the basemap.

Always like AZ-95 completed in ATS with Colorado river area redone. Just think Parker along with Lake Havasu would be nice scenery towns. Always like driving along river beds like you can do Washington DLC to get to big dam.
flight50

#875 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2021 13:17

It would be nice for something to come with 1.42 for the rebuild. I won't hold by breath though. It took from Sept/October of 2020 to the experimental beta this year to get what we got. No telling if a city builder is on board yet either. If so, Redding should be up first. Otherwise its San Francisco, Oakland and/or Sacramento....the I-80 cities. San Jose may or may not get into that mix but its part of the bay area for ATS purposes. I wish SCS's mind changed and included Northern CA-99 and also add Chico and Yuba City. Only one needs to be marked. The other can be scenic. All of CA-99 is Agriculturally rich and that does a lot of justice for the Californian ATS economy. Its not like there isn't space. There is a solid 30 miles at its widest point from I-5.
Shiva

#876 Post by Shiva » 25 Jun 2021 14:24

Adding I-5's exit 525B for CA-99 north, would be possible.
It would push I-5/I-80 east, towards Truckee. Making the Sacramento-Truckee road shorter.
Actually, it would be pushed southeast.
flight50, what roads would you use for Chico and Yuba City?
30miles gets eaten up in no time.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#877 Post by flight50 » 25 Jun 2021 15:07

Only roads I'd use for Yuba City and Chico is CA-99 and CA-20. From I-5, its about 30 miles to Yuba City. That's at about the widest we can get. Yuba City to I-80 in Sacramento is about 37 miles. So if Yuba was about the size of....lets say Omak, Wa, it could fit perhaps. We only need 2-3 depots there and those depots could all be North of CA-20 to give more space between Yuba City and Sacramento.
beto1912

#878 Post by beto1912 » 28 Jun 2021 01:58

I've been reading most of this thread and I hope California's rework gets the same level of detail as the Sierra Nevada mod from the Reforma team. I think they've set the bar really high and it might as well be one of the most beautiful modded roads in the game. With what we've seen in the Open Beta, that's the way to go, but if it comes to it, there's mods...
clifflandmark

#879 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jun 2021 03:01

it's good, probably there wont be bugs when it's fully released but Sierra Nevada was a huge mod.

sadly, they combined Sierra Nevada with whole Mexico afaik. I probably wont use it anymore. And I'm not sure if SCS can reach the same level in Sierra Nevada. Whoever did Sierra Nevada mod, he concentrated on such a small area. SCS don't do it specificially.
flight50

#880 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2021 05:23

SN was good. I don’t support it anymore either because of the merge they did. SCS is fully capable of producing higher quality than even SN. There is a difference between quality, detail and fun. The biggest difference is, a mod can get away with more exaggeration and less consideration for different people’s pc specs. Butttt, SCS is starting to implement some of the Sierra Nevada swag. This can be seen in Idaho, Colorado and a little in phase 1 of the California. Much needed updates coming for California and Nevada for sure. Arizona isn’t completely bad but it too needs to get to at least Oregon level. Whatever they do, will be a night and day difference from the base map so I’ll be good.

I won’t be using SN anymore but I’ll be content with whatever SCS does.

Return to “General discussion about the game”