Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Marcello Julio

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#411 Post by Marcello Julio » 19 Apr 2021 13:42

The Bad Eddy prefab is basically the Norrfood prefab of ETS2 Scandinavia DLC.
flight50

#412 Post by flight50 » 19 Apr 2021 14:06

Yep and its what angrybirdseller stated so I give it a pass...sort of. When longer trailers and lcv's came, all prefabs should have been adjusted. With 1.40, if all prefabs had to be adjusted due to new lighting, I honestly thought that was when all prefabs would get tweaked acrossthe board. Lighting, textures and the midel itself. Truck rest stop git wider bays. The Volvo/Mack dealership got a fence removedto make maneuvering easily.

With the base map rebuild, perhaps changes comes then. I'd rather them fix the bad Eddy's for North American trucks than remove it. I am all for multiple layouts for the same company. Just as much as I am all for new companies. Both need to happen. 2-3 layouts per company creates enough diversity to remove repetitiveness. Challenges are welcomed......if they are realistic and bad Eddy's is not realistic for the most common trailer, the 53'.
J.Random

#413 Post by J.Random » 24 Apr 2021 05:14

1. bad Eddie's isn't all that bad.
2. It's actually different from ETS prefab. ETS version has a relatively tight "gate" leading to the right portion of it. ATS one doesn't.
Parking 53" is easy there. Instead of driving to the left, you turn right, into the parking lot, then reverse all the way around. Plenty of space for that, even with w900.
Edit: to illustrate,
[ external image ]
You follow the green line until trailer's wheels are roughly where X is, then you reverse, following the yellow line. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
flight50

#414 Post by flight50 » 24 Apr 2021 12:17

Sure your yellow line can happen but how many people will do that. The problem still remains with the yellow highlighted trailer so your yellow line only removes the blue line. The hardest part is hard cutting the trailer blindly next to a parked trailer.

If I recall correctly, there is another Eddies (the ones closer to the street) that does not allow that yellow line because its even tighter than the one above. If I find it, I'll post it. This one has space for your yellow line but iirc, not all are like this. There are 3-4 variations of Eddy's. I just looked at 3 in Cali and I suppose its the same Eddy's. Still the highlight trailer causes issues no matter what though.
J.Random

#415 Post by J.Random » 24 Apr 2021 13:06

The highlighted trailer will cause trouble even if the lot is expanded according to your red markings. You'll still have to reverse into a tight spot. You will either turn around and get the same "reverse following yellow line", with building corner acting as your turn marker in the left mirror and yellow trailer being invisible, or you'll have to reverse in the opposite direction, this time yellow trailer being your turn marker in the right mirror and building wall being invisible. Expanding the lot won't change much in this regard.
flight50

#416 Post by flight50 » 24 Apr 2021 13:58

You are correct, its still a tight spot. But with the lot extended, two things happen.
1) you can now spin the trailer with less jackknifing and only make one hard blind corner. Your yellow line requires 2...a U turn basically. We only need to deal with one. Not everyone can make a U-turn like your yellow line. We'd only partially follow the yellow line if we can spin the trailer then reverse from the left mirror.
2) the extend lot gives you space to make a right mirror reverse by being able to pull further from dock at more of a 45. Much easier than the blind left mirror reverse. At least you can see the trailer. The parking lane at the dock is visible so with the extend lot, it helps. The edge of the building sticks out much further than the highlighted trailer. The trailer there allows you to round off reversing much much easier than the hard cut. You can almost 45 your cut when reversing from the right mirror. From the left mirror, its a hard 90.

In real life, not many truckers will attempt the hard left mirror 90 without at least 1 spotter with the building extend so far out. In this case, you'd need two spotters because the driver has to keep an eye on 3 things. His rear with the building in sight, the front curb and the other spotter for the other trailer. The position of the trailer spotter seriously takes is head turn from left to right a ton because of where that spotter has to be located in order to see him. From the other side (right mirror reverse) you really only need to keep an eye on the other trailer. You could do this without a spotter actually. You just need space to 45 degree angle your trailer properly. You will see your trailer's rear if you watch the other trailer and you can see the parking lane which keeps you from the building facade. For the record, yes, I have reversed real trailers in real life from both the left and the right so I'm not just speaking on what I think. I spent 3 years loading a docking trucks. 28' and 48' trailers. So I have some real life experience. 53' would be even harder because its so long. You can't make mistakes in the real world without damage with this prefab without spotters.
PBandJ

#417 Post by PBandJ » 24 Apr 2021 15:04

This delivery is very much like the one in Home Store in Twin Falls. Do they have to change every delivery to make it an easy delivery. In the the Home store you have to come back to a tight spin with jack knife if you drive in straight. If you do the reverse from the previous corner it is almost identical to this setup with having to blind back into an area that is next to a trailer. I sure hope SCS doesn't change everyone of the delivery areas to easy setups so the ones who want the challenge of making these deliveries as they are now still can. If you don't like how some are setup, you can always hit the easy delivery choices when you touch the icon at the delivery site. I have always enjoyed watching videos of different truckers streams and there are several times they have to make tight deliveries like this one WITHOUT any spotters. They stop and get out and check their progress as they make the turns to line up. So there are real life drivers who face these kind of deliveries out in the real world. Is it the same every where, absolutely not, but there are some areas that they have to do this type stuff and with 53 foot trailers and stretched trucks. Life behind the wheel has several videos of different tight areas that he has had to deliver too. That is just one driver I can think of off the top of my head. The deliveries are not ideal, but have to be made none the less. SCS has improved some of these to help with the longer setups of ATS trucks, I can't think of one right off now that can't be made with some planning and I am using a 53 ft reefer and a stretched PB 389. Not saying there isn't one, but can't think of it right off now. They have changed Eddy's that helped a lot by putting in a second entrance I think, so it isn't like SCS isn't taking it into consideration, but I hope they leave some tougher delivery points for a challenge....:)
flight50

#418 Post by flight50 » 24 Apr 2021 16:35

^If you go back one page vs only commenting on the one above, you will find that I posted both Eddy's. The second Eddy's is the one that was redone which is the one you are referring to as "I think has a second entrance". I also agree with have some challenges. This is a base map prefab...and all base map prefabs need to be adjusted for lcv's, not just 53' trailers. Lcv's came well after the base map. I never said change all prefabs to easy either. I talked about only one prefab here, not sure where you get all prefabs from. You are correct that for those that don't like to deal with it, can definitely take the easy parking or don't accept jobs to this prefab. I do both fyi just because I don't like it.

Notice I never said remove the yellow trailer though. People that want the challenge can still take the yellow line if they wish. I'm providing another option that doesn't affect anyone if they don't take that option. If SCS extended the lot.....don't use the extend portion of the lot, take the challenging route. You still get your challenge and allow others to make it easier if they wish. You can park from either direction.
J.Random

#419 Post by J.Random » 24 Apr 2021 16:44

flight50 wrote: 24 Apr 2021 13:58
I guess I'm just subconsciously comparing Eddy's with the old train terminals (where you have to make a reverse right U-turn, somehow almost always at night) or italian shipyards or other similar places. Compared to those, Eddy's is easy.
flight50

#420 Post by flight50 » 24 Apr 2021 17:15

That rail depot is just as tough as Eddy's actually. I've done it twice but I don't spend a lot of time on it anymore. Its one thing to reverse using the right mirror, but it an extra challenge spinning your trailer there too if you have a 53'. That U turn I skip too. I'd rather be off to get my next load. I have nothing left to accomplish or prove for my profile. I'm sitting at Level 100 and I don't gain much from it so I don't always bother. I have limited time to play so I'm off to get my next load.

But with that rail depot, since you mention it, if we could spin our trailers easier my allowing more space to spin her, I'd be cool with that depot as well. Right mirror reversing is the only option for this location. There are no other options for parking in that cubby hole. I only play in cabin view to get the most realistic approach. I only use external view about 5% of the time.

Return to “General discussion about the game”