Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#541 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 14:14

You don't have to be an animal activist playing ATS to notice what's in it. Game magazines and gaming websites do article on ATS and what's going on with it. Europe is not America though and they don't know how things works in America. I agree though that somehow, that industry needs to show up in some form in ATS. Many people will argue the same thing but they still have to be careful on approaching it in this game. What happens in one game isn't a guarantee in the other. Prime example I keep bring up is look at the mass amount of companies in ETS2 vs what ATS has.

Hopefully this rebuild add as lot of the newer companies that have popped up after California was made. So far, only Deepgroove came to California. Nevertheless, ATS is still down a solid 15-20+ new companies that it should have had by now.
Texshi

#542 Post by Texshi » 13 May 2021 14:41

Either way I'd be in high cotton if they finally bring Cattle wagons to ATS I've wanted a slick Chromed Bull hauler since forever and with Texas on the horizon it be a dream to run 40 all the way to Cali & Texas back!! I am just glad to see the poking from blogs.. i'm far more excited for Wyoming than I was prior that is for sure!
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
flight50

#543 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 15:00

Yeah all the pieces to the puzzle makes things more interesting. To know that the very first state of the game will now be on par with the rest, makes things much easier to enjoy as a whole. Leave no man behind basically. I'm definitely hoping Nevada gets the same treat. Arizona is in better shape but it to needs some reskinning. Realign roads, more accurate interchanges/junctions, textures, background model updates to the new rock formation tool and make at least Phoenix more like the current cities.
Shiva

#544 Post by Shiva » 13 May 2021 16:39

Nevada?
Carlin Tunnel where it belongs! That is a wish from me, for the Nevada rebuild/touchup.
When the rescale happened, that tunnel went way too close to Winnemucca. Instead of being very close to Elko, as it is IRL.
Carson City + US-50 eastbound too!
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#545 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 17:10

If this rebuild doesn't give us that part of US-50, that will upset a ton of people. There is no reason not to add it. The rest of US-50 is in the game and the rebuild is the perfect opportunity to make that connection. The route around the lake West of Carson City is not correct anyways (the blue x's). That is NV-28. To get US-50, we only need the Southern portion of Lake Tahoe along with the real US-50. In my mind, there is enough space between US-50 and I-80 to make this route. Cut plane it if need be. US-50 is loaded with trees so the lake is only visible in a few spots along the route. US-50 is also depressed into the road so that helps hide things as well. The detail of the lake and the mountains doesn't have to be high at all since its all at a blur and at distance anyways. The best part about US-50 West of Carson City is how windy and elevated that route is. Curves not only lengthens the road but it allows better elevation. With the way Colorado turned out, there is little doubt that US-50 to Sacramento can't be good as well. We just need confirmation that we are getting it finally.

[ external image ]
Xaagon

#546 Post by Xaagon » 13 May 2021 17:16

gandalf7472000 wrote: 13 May 2021 06:24 ^I don't know if it will be easy, I mean the name is in the profile saves as a discovered City.

A change like this might kill profiles.

My main profile is level 152 with a w900 with 650.000 miles and there are others with similar stats. I don't think SCS will make a move like this
Ok, if it will kill my beloved 5 year old profile then keep Hornbrook as a marked city!

...but add Yreka as its neighbor.
flight50

#547 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 18:10

^Agreed but I don't see why Hornbrook can't at the very least be relocated. There is something in that file that tags it as Hornbrook so move it along with the rest of the city. SCS can slide cities over all day long. That is how the rescale took place. Splice the roads, move what you must and reconnect. Hornbrook can get relocated, add Hilt in place of Hornbrook or leave it blank, then add Yreka.
Xaagon

#548 Post by Xaagon » 13 May 2021 18:31

Speaking of Yreka, one of the things I remember from Elementary School is that "Yreka Bakery" is a palindrome (word or phrase spelled the same forwards and backwards). I did a search on google maps and didn't find a business with this name. I'm thinking ATS could add this... not deliverable, but as a sort of easter egg.
Sora

#549 Post by Sora » 13 May 2021 20:31

Animal rights groups aren't going to complain about livestock trailers coming to ATS, they have much bigger concerns.

PETA is pretty much the only one who does things like that, and aside from them being basically a meme that other groups hate for making them look bad, they usually focus on games that do a better job of getting people's attention.
Marcello Julio

#550 Post by Marcello Julio » 13 May 2021 20:44

If that were the problem, the livestock trailer we have on ETS2 would never have been added. Both games simulate the life of a trucker and the cargoes and trailers that he can transport legally within the laws, things that happen directly in every country every day. Nothing is out of the curve or invention of SCS.

Return to “General discussion about the game”