Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1171 Post by flight50 » 23 Nov 2021 14:37

I totally agree with exit 64. Nice one @angrybirdseller. This place is massive and there is a ton of space opposite of the new Heart's truck stop that we got off US-93 @ I-15. We have this exit in the game now and it look great (highlighted in red). I mentioned solar panels before for ATS when Iberia featured it. ATS has a lot of space out there for stuff like this and mining in the base map. Hopefully these remote places pop up with the base map rebuilds.

[ external image ]

Its not like the solar industry models aren't made already. Just come up with solar energy for ATS as well and use what can be used from ETS2. For the most part, both North America and Europe will have the exact same industries. They are just trucked and executed differently more than likely. No need to reinvent the wheel if something is already made. Remake or add what needs to be added for one game or another and place it in the game. Unfortunately, only one prefab type will fit per city. So if Vegas gets this massive solar field, Vegas can't get another one. There are solar fields South of Henderson as well off US-95 but Vegas can only get one or the other. Not to mention, we don't even have US-95 connecting Vegas to I-40. But Primm, that is a marked city so we could get solar there as well. There are solar fields in California as well off CA-14 in several small spots. Best location would be South of Mojave. There are solar in other parts of the country as well. I know Texas has some out West. I wouldn't be surprised if Utah and Arizona has some in its hot climates.

I don't know what all new things California will add to ATS but I'm seriously hoping they put thought into it and not just add new depots that we currently have since California was made. That's not reaching California's potential and would need another overhaul in the future for sure. If you are going to rebuild it now, make it right from the start of the second chance. I doubt California will be adding any new industries in real life so the state should be set. Just make ATS reflect that for its biggest impact on the economy. I'd hate to be negative here but its hard to think optimistic about new industries hitting the base map that was never introduced to ATS yet. I'm not sure California gets a better Ag sector when its the number one state in the US for that. Will Nevada get mining going. California is a lot more diverse in the economy than ATS is currently displaying and I can only hope its done justice this time around. Why go to a round 3 when it can be solved round 2. AT least get the base map to a level that won't need to be touched for quite some time. The quality is starting to level out visually I'd like to think. So now with that standard setting, focus on the game economy. The part of the game that makes the game what it is.
interstate trav

#1172 Post by interstate trav » 25 Nov 2021 05:08

There is so much potential with California and between the scenery and Los Angeles it will be a favorite.
clifflandmark

#1173 Post by clifflandmark » 26 Nov 2021 09:15

Is it possible ATS gets a CA update in 1.43 full release although there's not an update in O.B. ?
hangman005

#1174 Post by hangman005 » 26 Nov 2021 09:56

Who knows, I know they said there were things they weren't ready for the start of OB but would be added later on, but who knows we are running out of the year lol
Tristman

#1175 Post by Tristman » 26 Nov 2021 10:04

At this rate, I'd expect the OB to run until SCS takes their holiday break. So if we're going to get anymore content, it'll probably release in the coming 2 weeks or so.
It would be a first if they dropped more Cali rework without posting a blog beforehand.
clifflandmark

#1176 Post by clifflandmark » 26 Nov 2021 10:50

My 6th sense makes me believe there should be something bigger behind all this silence. It's been 2 updates after convoy and there's not any major change. Don't you think the same way ? 2-3 weeks to Xmas. Either we get something within next days or I'm convinced that nothing gonna change in 1.43.
VTXcnME

#1177 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Nov 2021 12:45

I haven't seen anything in 1.43 that ruffles my feathers yet.

No one asked about fonts being changed out. Nice. But not really a requested feature.

Ownable dump trailers is about the only thing anyone has asked for.

I was hoping 1.43 would get us part two of California reskin. But when 1.43 OB came out 2 weeks after 1.42 official release, I realized that probably wasn't gonna be a thing.
Tristman

#1178 Post by Tristman » 26 Nov 2021 12:55

Update 1.42 didn't add any content as it was just mod support for Convoy and the wheel mechanics, so that's no indicator for what 1.43 might bring.

I am personally really happy with the new fonts, it makes them easier to read on my screen.
VTXcnME

#1179 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Nov 2021 13:02

No doubt. Cool addition.

But I'm hoping some of the features that folks have been clamoring for here over the last however long make it into some of these updates.

You wanted more cargo types? We gave you better vanilla game sounds.

You wanted more businesses and destination points? We changed the font for you.

There is a solid running list in another thread of things folks have been asking for. Some, sure lofty expectations. Others? Those wouldn't require a whole lot of extra work on SCS's part. At least not any more difficult than things we end up getting.

But instead of anything off those wishlists/requests: we get things we never asked for. It's like Christmas as a kid all over again. :lol:
flight50

#1180 Post by flight50 » 26 Nov 2021 14:00

We have 3 weeks tops til SCS goes on holidays. I'm expecting the week of Dec 13-17 to be the xmas event and the xmas stream, then SCS signs off officially. The Xmas event has to be early in the week so that bugs can be fixed, then preparation for the year end stream. I think most of us are crossing fingers for something new in California. Doesn't even have to be multiple roads imo. I don't even expect cities at this point still but who knows. I still wish Northern California got more work before they even get to I-80. Chico, Yuba City, Northern CA-99 and CA-20 all before I-80, Sacramento and anything in the Bay Areas imo. California has the 2nd dense road network in the US and I'm not too confident that we'll get that even in this rebuild. There is space in Northern California to add more I'm sure. The economy needs to be much stronger in California than the base map portrays so added content would make a difference. The I-5 and CA-99 corridor is where the biggest Agricultural impact can be felt. Done right, California would feel right.

I'm sure something can come for California for 1.43 but not guarantee of course. There has been a lot of time since the last update that gave us something. If we don't get anything for 1.43, perhaps Spring or Summer with the Texas compatibility patch it comes. I hope it doesn't go as far a Texas but you never know. But what we do know is that work is going on to some degree. It'll release eventually so no amount of wishing will make it come faster. Its ready when its ready.

Return to “General discussion about the game”