Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

angrybirdseller

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1181 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Nov 2021 06:24

Think will get update version 2 with California next year, but it will be small as Montana and Texas will be main focus. It will be 2023 where the will see more base map get updated as future states will start be small enough to release mapper and artist from existing team to join in base map rebuild. The two teams will expand the map and the newer team will rebuild the base map. I want to see Chico and Yuba City, but will need CA-99 connect to the north or in Roseville with CA-65 to the northwest of Sacramento make it possible. Next update they may just deal with I-5 from the grapevine to I-580 and facelift in some spots and rebuild in others and wait for the Redding and Bay Area rebuild till Texas is completed.
flight50

#1182 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2021 13:47

We have 4 map leads though. All 4 should have projects once Montana and Texas are released. So either 3 separate state dlc's + rebuild or combination of 3 states + rebuild. Unless they loose a map Iead, hopefully they push foward with paid dlc's in mind to keep income going. The rebuild is free effort and should stay phased. Equally important but they must keep revenue up to get more people. More people means more projects. More projects could someday mean Canda and Mexico sooner than later.

Money isn't the problem according to one of Pavel's recent interviews, but finding talent is. If Pavel trusted out sourcing more, there are tons of schools here in the US in which people go into gaming. Opposite of the Czech. Too many students, not enough jobs. People graduate and settle for unrlelated jobs. I attended such a school myself and they are even more advanced from when I attended. Pavel needs to take a few more risk. Programmers, modelers...whatever. ATS can't grow to reach its full potential without more North American input. More people from North America need to have input. Someone that can get around North America.

Many of us have requested for SCS to start with a small team here in the US somewhere. It's just like a truck manufacturer trying to break into the NA truck market, it's hard getting established but once you're in, you good.
HagenXXV

#1183 Post by HagenXXV » 27 Nov 2021 15:09

flight50 wrote: 27 Nov 2021 13:47 We have 4 map leads though. All 4 should have projects once Montana and Texas are released. So either 3 separate state dlc's + rebuild or combination of 3 states + rebuild. Unless they loose a map Iead, hopefully they push foward with paid dlc's in mind to keep income going. The rebuild is free effort and should stay phased. Equally important but they must keep revenue up to get more people. More people means more projects. More projects could someday mean Canda and Mexico sooner than later.

Money isn't the problem according to one of Pavel's recent interviews, but finding talent is. If Pavel trusted out sourcing more, there are tons of schools here in the US in which people go into gaming. Opposite of the Czech. Too many students, not enough jobs. People graduate and settle for unrlelated jobs. I attended such a school myself and they are even more advanced from when I attended. Pavel needs to take a few more risk. Programmers, modelers...whatever. ATS can't grow to reach its full potential without more North American input. More people from North America need to have input. Someone that can get around North America.

Many of us have requested for SCS to start with a small team here in the US somewhere. It's just like a truck manufacturer trying to break into the NA truck market, it's hard getting established but once you're in, you good.
Completely agree, Bro! SCS needs a North American headquarters, there are many details that are missing in the game and the only way to bring them to the simulation is to have a closer contact with the project.
Shiva

#1184 Post by Shiva » 27 Nov 2021 15:42

But a 2nd headquarters, that is a big cost.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Tristman

#1185 Post by Tristman » 27 Nov 2021 16:06

Two headquarters for a small company is unnecessary I think.

But even just offices in the US are a very large cost for a small game developer, and I don't think it makes sense for SCS to do such a thing.

I think there is more merit in outsourcing work to individuals who live and work in the US, or perhaps a small existing studio/company who would be able to perform research or maintain relationships for SCS.
hangman005

#1186 Post by hangman005 » 27 Nov 2021 16:08

Only $180,000 and then you can upgrade it to large too :P
xXCARL1992Xx

#1187 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Nov 2021 16:09

the cost for this would be higher then the worth they gain with it, not only do you need an office, you need people to work with, then you need to train them all, wich means people have to fly over to train them or fly to Europe to be trained and this all disregard legal and bureaucratic nonsense they have to do to be save

as a developer this is just not worth it, only Publisher can really do this to have studios in different countries (Ubisoft, EA, Activision etc.)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#1188 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2021 17:09

The saying is, you have to spend money in order to make money. That applies to every single company that started from ground zero. No one starts at the top. No one has to like the idea of a remote office in the US but the facts stand. Unless you live in North America, you can not relate to everything North Americans talk about on there. ETS2 is diverse because they can get around and promote ETS2 much better. They know their country a whole lot better than the US. They are still learning the US and there is a lot more to go. ATS will always be at a disadvantage as the devs are not native to the land here. There is only so much one can do broadside whether some of you want to believe it or not. That's like someone from Europe trying to educated me on Texas. I don't know everything that is here but I'm in a position to go out and get answers on several accounts. I can visit (x) location and I have tools here to get me answers much quicker than what SCS can. They have the same tool we all have...internet. Whether its digging into hardcopy document or knowledge people here. You can not substitute for local knowledge....you can't. I don't care who you are. Everything is not always on the internet.
Xaagon

#1189 Post by Xaagon » 28 Nov 2021 06:12

Hopefully they can again send research teams to tour US states again like they did with Colorado. If it's too expensive, maybe they have some employee(s) already planning to come here for non-work travel that they could extend their trip for a week of work and payment for extra rental car time.
Sara

#1190 Post by Sara » 28 Nov 2021 13:18

@HagenXXV Maybe SCS should hire the team from Promods. They have amazing talent with there work around map modding.

Return to “General discussion about the game”