Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

interstate trav

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#861 Post by interstate trav » 08 Jun 2021 05:56

Thank you all. I appreciate it. I feel a feeling g I can’t describe and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Oh and the sleep, I feel like when sleep is more exciting then the lottery you might be a parent. Lol

Oh ont o topic so like Flight50 said u said elevation changed, like dropping into Redding? Just curious and I really want to see my state done well.

Oh and sorry if I missed anyone working lot more hours and well being a Dad lol. To the most wonderful son anyone could ask or.

Hope to see some screen shots please.
flight50

#862 Post by flight50 » 08 Jun 2021 07:27

So far, we've had two California blogs that showed us some promising stuff prior to 1.41 eob. But they don't do as much justice as playing it. We have perhaps another month or so before 1.41 goes public. Phase 2 California should be pretty interesting though. The fact that SCS stated cities will be reconstructed is nice. Now whether this means all cities or just the ones they touch get reconstructed is tbd. I'd like to think they all get redone in order to incorporate all the newer depots like the blog said.
interstate trav

#863 Post by interstate trav » 09 Jun 2021 07:47

Ok cool, I really want to see if they get the elevations right and along the 15 I know them really well
hangman005

#864 Post by hangman005 » 09 Jun 2021 10:36

It's such night and day the rebuilt section vs the base map.... again it is such a monumental tribute to how far SCS has come with their map making abilities and just as a gamer I really couldn't be more proud of the work they have done, and continue to do.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
flight50

#865 Post by flight50 » 09 Jun 2021 13:35

^Ikr. That is why it was critical to get the rest of the map on par with the paid dlc's if the game is to attract new people. At the same time, it gets seasoned gamers back into the older areas of the map. Most avoid the base map due to quality differences.
hangman005

#866 Post by hangman005 » 09 Jun 2021 13:59

So true, but it is exciting to imagine the base map up to current standard. I have to admit I don't spend a lot of time in Califorinia, Nevada alot more, but my HQ is in Vegas. The future of ATS is a bright one.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
flight50

#867 Post by flight50 » 24 Jun 2021 13:19

I was doing a task this morning looking for something and in the process, it lead me to here. I'm not sure if anyone has ever pointed it out but if not, here we go. Mission Mine and Freeport-McMoran are located just South of Tucson, Az. In ATS, (if this is what is suppose to be), its located much much closer to Nogales, Az. With the way SCS has been doing mines lately and the newer mapping methods, this area could get something for the Arizona rebuild to improve on. Perhaps it boils down to which ever one the devs can get their hands on in regards to reference material. Even though there is tons of space, I don't see us getting 2 mines here. Worse case, combine (2).

Map in ATS. The highlighted is what we currently have in ATS. If this area is indeed the mentioned, it should be relocated closer to Tucson. But I don't see any scale issues to do this area more justice.

[ external image ]

Mine in ATS. This is currently the mine model. A lot less quality compared to what we are now seeing. I'd love to get the upgrade here too.

[ external image ]

This is the real life area of the mines. Between Freeport-McMoran and Mission, I'm sure we can ge a better mine. Arizona deserves this upgrade. In the process, it would be awesome to get AZ-82 to link I-19 and AZ-90 together. This road is similar link to UT-56 to NV-319 that we got not to long ago. Adds a nice alternate route.

[ external image ]
Bedavd

#868 Post by Bedavd » 24 Jun 2021 17:51

IMO all of Nogales needs a redo. Its street layouts are pretty far from real life and a reorientation of the town as a whole would be good to make I-19 and the surface streets slightly closer to reality so I don't think moving the mine further north would be out of the question if I got what I wanted.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
clifflandmark

#869 Post by clifflandmark » 24 Jun 2021 17:57

Border cities should be reworked. I was using Mexico mods in 1.38 and older.I remember Mexico modders' map is was a little different than SCS'.That means, either SCS or Mexico modders are wrong, or both of them wrong.
harishw8r

#870 Post by harishw8r » 24 Jun 2021 18:06

Kingman is another city I found far from accurate, notably the Route 93-Interstate 40 Intersection near the W. Beale Street. We have a 76 and a TA truck stop here, and the lack of truck stops alone is good enough to kill the immersion in the base map.

Return to “General discussion about the game”