Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#401 Post by BattlePeasant » 16 Apr 2021 06:03

In Eddy's, I drive right around the parking lot, then move backwards along the facade and turn the corner. Sometimes it is not possible to turn accurately the first time, but it is not too difficult. I don’t know about trailer types, maybe I did this maneuver with a 48ft trailer, but with a 53ft one it will be much more difficult. How can you find out the length of the trailer? In the "job market" the weight is indicated, but not the length.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
flight50

#402 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 12:08

I'm not sure how to find out or if its even possible but I know by the look of them. Typically the tandem position is the give away. 48' trailers have a very short rear to axle look while 53' has a longer overhang of trailer from the tandems. 48' trailers typically don't slide the tandems so the overhang is less.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
overfloater

#403 Post by overfloater » 17 Apr 2021 15:56

I hope that awful Plaster & Sons prefab with the long and narrow entryway and the old Eddy's/small Wallbert prefabs will be phased out over time
These are the few places that let you test your driving skills. There's no need to make the gameplay more braindead than it already is!
flight50

#404 Post by flight50 » 17 Apr 2021 16:27

I am fine with small and narrow, but we need realistic ways to turn around in even the smallest prefabs. Jackknifing the tailer should not be a solution. A loaded trailer in real life can flip on you.

Reversing challenges are welcomed but turning around with a 53' trailer+conventional truck with 60" or larger sleeper is not easy for all. The game is played by more casual gamers than us hard core and that is discouraging. They'd never learn to challenge themselves if it's wayyyy to hard. Even some SCS employees have a tough time reversing.

Eddy's is one of those prefabs from ancient times that was never made for 53', doubles, tripples, RMD's or TPD's. SCS should have modfied it according. The tight bay one parking is fine but give us a way to eliminate jackknifing.
IonutL

#405 Post by IonutL » 19 Apr 2021 11:25

For casual players there's the Easy parking option and the Skip parking option.
angrybirdseller

#406 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Apr 2021 12:55

8-) I would not even deliver produce to setup in real life like that as the product could not smashed get store to accept smashed oranges. The all older Eddy prefabs should all be replaced. They did it in Las Vegas rebuild. At least steer trailers away that are greater than 45 ft or 48ft in the world of trucks delivery.
flight50

#407 Post by flight50 » 19 Apr 2021 13:00

True that may be. But to assume that every causal player wants to do the easy parking or skip could be a false assumption. Casual can easily mean they don't play every day for hrs or players who only get to play on the weekends like myself. I spend more hrs on this forum than I do actually playing. I might only get to make 2-3 delivers all weekend long (500-800 miles jobs) but that doesn't mean I want to skip or take the easy parking. I simply want to deliver and take my next load vs spend time trying to get some trailers parked on troublesome prefabs. One you have millions in the bank and all skills maxed out, there is no incentive to worry about troubling prefabs with parking a trailer. I've parked enough trailers in real life to know you have to be much better than in a video game. There is no skipping parking so I try not to in the game. But I won't waste my time on certain prefabs either.

The problem with Eddy's and small prefabs is that a lot of people like to own trailers and most people will go for the 53' trailer. So steering away from Eddy's has to be a decision to decline those jobs. I avoid the base map Eddy's and Voltison as much as possible which limits me sometimes. But yes, replace them or rework them so that maneuvering a 53' is much better without jackknifing the trailer.
angrybirdseller

#408 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Apr 2021 13:09

If you delivering gravel or junk scrap jack knifing a trailer to park would be not problem. I know in real life that Walmart will reject product that is damaged jackknife could shift or really damage the cargo. The compromise options is old Eddy prefabs that job would only generate for trailers in the 48ft or less range. I park in 53 ft into the eddys spot needed to jack knife it in. The rail export with the blind U turn back was easier if you got your wheels pointed in the right direction. Casual players wont know the layout like hardcore player. With some prefabs you approach with left turn to give to maneuver at times.
flight50

#409 Post by flight50 » 19 Apr 2021 13:21

Here's the Eddy's problem.

Bad Eddy's. This Eddy's needs to be modified or replaced with the good Eddy's. The yellow trailer prevents you from a turn around if you have a 53' with a sleeper and conventional tractor. The jackknifing required is very unrealistic. There is no need for the trees on the West side of this lot. Not to mention the entrance is very restrictive just passing thru the fence if you approach from a bad direction. If you have to U turn into the entrance, your trouble starts there. Some of the Bad Eddy's are right off the road and not set back like this one. At least this one you can straighten out your trailer a tad better vs having to U turn into Eddy's if you come from the wrong direction.
[ external image ]

Good Eddy's. The entrance is much much better. You have two options. You can come in the entrance further away and exit to the street to reverse to the dock, or you now have room to coming to the dock and turn your trailer around a bit easier than the bad Eddy's. That trailer parked next to bay one for the bad Eddy's is bad news with a 53'. Even the Good Eddy's can get pushed another 15' West to make it easier to line up for the dock but it still a lot more feasible than the bad Eddy's as is.
[ external image ]

I'll be adding this prefab to the Wishlist reworks prefab.
angrybirdseller

#410 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 Apr 2021 13:35

Bad Eddy, image cutting off car backing out while you try to deliver supplies. Also, to be fair the pre-fab the older Eddys was made when they did not enough knowledge about how North America does parking lot layouts. Think something could be fixed multiple ways long as the truck is not jack-knighting or least blocking parked cars.

Make the old Eddy only night-time delivery when the store is closed is another option someday.

Return to “General discussion about the game”