Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1041 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2021 15:52

I see a lot of people that mention to remove Carlsbad. To me, its out of the way if it could go scenic. I see it like this. I go from the I-5 @ I-405 interchange to the I-5 @ I-805. That is about 62 miles. That is okay to squeeze in a scenic town. It does give LA more space to spread South and perhaps San Diego space to spread North without anything there of course. SCS could indeed get away with 62 miles of just distance with no scenic town. I don't remember if Carlsbad has a garage or not though. A garage could cause issues.

We are several months out from a California completion though.
Onagerlinn

#1042 Post by Onagerlinn » 13 Oct 2021 18:43

@flight50 Carlsbad does not have a garage.

While we're in that region, maybe try to squeeze in Escondido along I-15? Add in CA-78?
flight50

#1043 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2021 20:08

Thanks for the confirmation. If removing Carlsbad means more LA/San Diego, I'm for it. Otherwise, leave it if the others won't spread out.
GinXeng

#1044 Post by GinXeng » 14 Oct 2021 03:12

I'm from California, Carlsbad needs to go, it not an important city any of us will miss, we need that space for a bigger LA/San Diego.
Max
SCS Software

#1045 Post by Max » 14 Oct 2021 05:08

i'm from czech republic, it is important to us and we would miss it .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
rbsanford

#1046 Post by rbsanford » 14 Oct 2021 05:13

I was thinking that, instead of Escondido, we could have San Bernardino marked, with it enveloping some of the other cities in the Inland Empire (Ontario, Corona, Riverside, etc), the same way Los Angeles would take up the cities in the LA Basin (Long Beach, Burbank, Santa Ana, etc).

Carlsbad really should be removed; I know it was added because it had the same name as a famous spa city in Czecia (Karlovy Vary), but with current mapping standards, I don't think that would be enough to mark it, and we also have a Carlsbad in New Mexico now, so there would still be a Carlsbad. In its place I'd love to see that stretch of I-5 that runs right along the coast, with its Border Patrol and weigh station (interesting Lonestar in that streetview) and the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#1047 Post by flight50 » 14 Oct 2021 05:49

Hmmm. Now that second pic has some very interesting power line post. That's kinda cool.

San Bernardino, I agree. Its kind of like DFW and the surrounding cities. Huge area to populate. If we can get LA, Long Beach and San Bernardino along with San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose as mega metro areas in ATS, that would be sweet. That should get people buying into ATS for sure. There would be some very attractive package deals made.
Shiva

#1048 Post by Shiva » 14 Oct 2021 07:53

Carlsbad? Atleast smaller footprint in north/south direction, could be good, I think.
San Diego, some older parts redo, etc.
Los Angeles? close to total makeover. + adding area between Redland and Ontario on I-10.

I-15 Exit 175, that I see only as a space hog.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#1049 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 Oct 2021 08:43

Really no need to remove Carlsbad just cut out exit to give extra space.

San Diego since it's original 2016 release been reworked many times. Originally I-5 did not even connect to I-8 and I-15 was extended south of I-10 before New Mexico was going to release.

Realistically, layout of San Diego is sufficient just improve some interchanges Surface streets need widening make it easier to make turns. Then add newer assets to street areas.

Overall do not see San Diego change much like Los Angeles will.

Still, belive quite few areas of California will be more face-lifted than rebuilt.

Removing Carlsbad will cause problems with world of trucks statistics and players asking why Carlsbad was removed.
LATrucker

#1050 Post by LATrucker » 14 Oct 2021 09:54

In my opinion San Diego needs a rebuilt (or a huge rework) as much as LA needs it.
Even if there were changes over the past updates, the scenery itself is still LA quality and wouldn't match North California or DLC Standards...

See the spoiler for examples:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”