Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

rbsanford

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1051 Post by rbsanford » 14 Oct 2021 15:11

I'd kind of like to see a San Diego rework too. The city as we have it right now is just the industrial area in Moreno, but I'd like to see the 5 brought down past downtown and to the southern terminus of the 15, with some new industry in the port area, like around the Dole terminal, or at the Naval shipyards.

Something else I'd like to see is I-5's junction with I-805 (yet another TOTSO for the 5), where, for a brief moment, the 5 is the widest highway in the US.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
TheAmir259

#1052 Post by TheAmir259 » 14 Oct 2021 16:20

I'll be satisfied if a San Diego rework manage to at least make the I-5, I-8 & I-15 intercept accurately, like the highlighted triangle in the picture. I-805 might not be drivable due to the scale but putting in an 'inaccessible' junction that intersects I-805 (like on the I-15 for example) might be possible.
[ external image ]
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Tristman

#1053 Post by Tristman » 14 Oct 2021 19:46

To me, San Diego as it's currently in the game feels exactly like the central area of Los Angeles as it's currently in the game. It would be nice to see it get some more individuality in a rework.
I agree with the others that it would be nice to a more accurate representation of how the interstate intersect with each other. I-805 I don't think is necessary.
flight50

#1054 Post by flight50 » 14 Oct 2021 22:23

With Texas, we are getting Forwarding/Transfer stations. San Diego has one and I'd like to see it make the reskin. So a lot of the South would need to be reworked. CA-905 to I-5 would be the likely option. Otherwise, we'd need I-805 or CA-105 that would get us to I-8. I think I-5 and CA-905 to Siempre Viva Rd is the easiest to pull off and still have the ability to expand to Mexico when its time.

But this transfer station is too busy to miss for ATS.
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.5514139 ... !1e3?hl=en
Shiva

#1055 Post by Shiva » 16 Oct 2021 13:57

flight50, they seem to be roadworks there.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.5510 ... m2!4m1!3e0
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#1056 Post by flight50 » 16 Oct 2021 14:40

That construction won't last forever. Those temporary construction barriers won't be permanent. I won't do a work around for it like you indicated. By the time they even get to that area in the reskin process, that area will more than likely be completed and they can access it via Siempre Viva to connect back to CA-905 with the on/off ramp.

[ external image ]
Shiva

#1057 Post by Shiva » 16 Oct 2021 16:47

flight50, regarding that. That is the personnel entrance.
That and the area southwest of it, seem to be the cargo check areas? Rather Customs/goods checkup.
Not a forwarding/transfer area.
These, on the other hand, seem to be forwarding/transfer areas/buildings https://www.google.se/maps/@27.6030102, ... a=!3m1!1e3

For 1 San Diego area forwarding/transfer? here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Atlas ... 16.9560401
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
flight50

#1058 Post by flight50 » 16 Oct 2021 17:28

The issue to me, note the flow of traffic. Those trucks are coming in from Mexico and leaving the facility to go back to Mexico. The US doesn't send trucks into Mexico. SCS won't have Mexico for quite some time. So looking at that layout, how does US trucks get into that forwarding center to pick up? Even if its not actually a forwarding center, for ATS it can easily be that. We can't go into that location from the US side as is now until construction is done. We can only get out. SCS will have to massage that area. The customs area is a from Mexico only. For California, we just need to drop off to that location and get out of there. US trucks won't have that restriction. That's why I say we'll have to wait til construction is over with to see what's in place. There appears to be many ways that can get into that center once the temporary gates are up. Even the large construction area to the East could be part of new construction to make another building. Lots of product comes in from Mexico. The product doesn't just sit there so someone from the US side has to pick it up.

If you look at that huge line of trucks, you could probably count 100+ trucks. That center is quite small. Looks to me like they need more space. I'm aware of the Laredo one though. I've studied it quite well. Its one of the busiest ones in Texas. But you are also comparing a completed location to one that looks like its under construction.

If you look at Bing maps, this is what they had on their outdated map. There is a booth to get in from the location I indicated from the US side so I don't think that is a person entrance. The entire area is under construction. Looks like they are expanding if you ask me.

[ external image ]

Now one thing SCS could, is not do Simpre Rd and go to Enrico Fermi Dr. Then take that to Via de la Amistad. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.5528 ... 4f!1m0!3e0.

What does this do? This puts us in a industrial area for more trucking. SCS could put 2-3 more depots down there along side a forwarding center.
Willie's Transport. If the car industry ever gets revamped, a storage lot would be something nice to add to a huge car dealership like Car Max, an auto manufacturer like Ford/Chevy,Tesla, a train yard for cars hauling and maybe ports that bring stuff from over seas. The ports like that was displayed on the Iberia blog last year in may for the car industry. If we are lucky here, maybe even an airport to the rental car fleet area. Airports have huge rental car zones. Now ATS will need space and can't just add this everywhere. But in places that have the extra space, airport car fleets would be nice. Otherwise it would be smaller lots that are in urban areas.
Amazon if we are ever so lucky to someday get it
XPO. A logistics carrier. Something that ATS needs much more variety. SellGoods alone is not good enough.
Last edited by flight50 on 16 Oct 2021 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Shiva

#1059 Post by Shiva » 16 Oct 2021 18:01

I see no problems for US trucks to enter nor exit.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.5641 ... 76!1m0!3e0

Ah, the expanding? for the Customs/goods checkup?
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.5509 ... 547769!3e0

On the Depots? I do agree.
HagenXXV

#1060 Post by HagenXXV » 16 Oct 2021 19:43

Since they talk about eliminating Carlsbad, today curiously, the YouTube algorithm suggested me a video of the alpha phase of the game, it is interesting to see that there were 2 sites that no longer appear, Santa Clara and Sacramento Valley. Also Primm was part of California xD

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSUKlmqBJYQ&t=2157s

On the other hand, I am hopeful that the border crossings with Mexico will be renovated, it is a pity that we cannot enter National City, Chula Vista and Otay Mesa; but for sure Nogales in AZ will have a new look in that international crossing.

Return to “General discussion about the game”