Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#531 Post by Bedavd » 13 May 2021 02:57

Interestingly, the Agricultural Inspection station that'll be implemented for traffic coming south down I-5 is the "Hornbrook Inspection Station", so with the rework Hornbrook might actually be important enough to be in the game. Not marked though, by any means.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#532 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 04:14

^Good point. I see only two reasons to keep the Hornbrook name. Move it to it true location though and either remove the area that is actually Hilt make it true to life. The only thing that can get added to Hilt are the two livestock lots. Two here and looks like a possible two more here. But if Hornbrook is to remain a marked town. It can host the 2 Hilt depots as well as:
1) Exit 789 gives us the Chevron Truck stop. We can get a real truck stop this time
2) with Livestock coming, perhaps this Ranch can be a depot for the real Hornbrook if the ones in Hilt don't work. Or one in Hilt and one here in Hornbrook. So 2-4 places to go in Hornbrook is possible.

One thing for sure is that SCS has a solid shot and correcting all the accuracy issues this time. If California is made right, it can be a game changer for ATS. The demo can have a ton more value to attract new players for sure.SCS is more experienced and don't need to take the same type of shortcuts now. The level of accuracy is night and day compared to day 1 ATS. California will be a much much better state to drive thru by the time its all said and done.
gandalf7472000

#533 Post by gandalf7472000 » 13 May 2021 06:24

^I don't know if it will be easy, I mean the name is in the profile saves as a discovered City.

A change like this might kill profiles.

My main profile is level 152 with a w900 with 650.000 miles and there are others with similar stats. I don't think SCS will make a move like this
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
Shiva

#534 Post by Shiva » 13 May 2021 07:04

Hornbrook Inspection Station, unless the whole road from the border to Redding slightly remade, it might be in the place ingame now called Hornbrook?
Altho, what if Redding is moved a tad southwards?
I do wonder how big or small this resking/rebuild will be?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Texshi

#535 Post by Texshi » 13 May 2021 07:30

flight50 wrote: 13 May 2021 04:14 2) with Livestock coming
Wait it's confirmed? Livestock is for sure thing? any trailers pictures or just little mentions in past blogs?
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
Sora

#536 Post by Sora » 13 May 2021 09:05

Shiva wrote: 12 May 2021 21:45 But why San Rafael -> Napa?
I feel like Napa is a bit better known as a standalone region than San Rafael is, and it may be a bit easier to work with considering the scale and the other Bay Area cities.

But as said, I'm not as bothered by it as I am with the other three. The others I listed were genuinely bad choices, Rafael is more just "not what I would have picked but fair enough".

Thankfully, because of the way ATS works, most cities relevant to this discussion don't have garages anyway (outside of mods, but that's not on SCS). This would be a much bigger issue for something like the UK.
bobgrey1997

#537 Post by bobgrey1997 » 13 May 2021 10:24

Xaagon wrote: 13 May 2021 02:42 Hornbrook is the next town south of Hilt, but on the east side of I-5. South of this is Yreka, the larger town that people are asking for.

This map page shows all three:
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8679323 ... 685,10.75z
Ah, thanks.
The current way the in-game road is shaped at the exits is very much like Hilt.
I do think the area would be better served redesigned entirely as Yreka. It is a much better use of the area.
flight50

#538 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 13:28

Texshi wrote: 13 May 2021 07:30 Wait it's confirmed? Livestock is for sure thing? any trailers pictures or just little mentions in past blogs?
Only in mention so far. It was hinted with Colorado on the July 28, 2020 blog for Colorado industries here:
[ external image ]

Then again recently for Wyoming on Feb 19, 2021 Wyoming Industry blog here:
[ external image ]

We did not get it for Colorado but I think what they where doing is setting it up. Apparently they couldn't implement it all at once. Between Wyoming and Texas, they have no choice because of how huge the industry is. Now to what degree livestock is, no telling. I remember on the June 27th 2018 stream, Pavel was concerned about bringing it to ATS. The US has animal right activist all over the place and this is attention ATS doesn't need. But SCS can't ignore the industry. Its a part of life here. Anyway to get the livestock trailer in the game, I'm cool.

But Texas will probably be heavier on the oil/gas side so bringing it with Wyoming makes more sense. At this point, many are still probably on the fence if we are getting tricked into thinking Livestock is coming. So until we finally see a livestock trailer, it may not be trusted. Before Wyoming releases, confirmation by seeing a livestock trailer is that 100% confirmation that many need to see. I have a slight hunch that we could see a trailer blog coming up for Wyoming. Wyoming needs some umph right now. Its starting to drag feet a little imo.

So yeahhh if livestock is coming, that means that every single state in the game can benefit. If there is a farm, the prefabs can get updated to be included in this industry. California is no exception with this rebuild. Its the number one Ag state in the US with a little bit of everything. It may not have the cattle lots of Texas or Wyoming for say, but its around.
Last edited by flight50 on 13 May 2021 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Tristman

#539 Post by Tristman » 13 May 2021 13:42

Well I don’t think animal rights activists are a major group of truck sim players, but I can see there being plenty of fans of the game who aren’t comfortable with hauling live animals. It will be interesting to see how SCS adds this particular industry to the game.
J.Random

#540 Post by J.Random » 13 May 2021 14:09

It didn't stop SCS from adding livestock into ETS2 (including, iirc, a related Steam achievement). So ATS will eventually have it too.
Just don't get your hopes up. It wasn't confirmed directly, therefore any speculation on this part is wishful thinking.

Return to “General discussion about the game”