leo.arevalo12ss

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#492 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 10 May 2021 13:51

There are agricultural inspections in Florida i thought it was california only
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
flight50

#493 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 14:23

This information came from fellows truckers I know. I don't have facts on it all but I have to go by what they've experienced.
canuckster

#494 Post by canuckster » 10 May 2021 15:51

clifflandmark wrote: 09 May 2021 03:52
angrybirdseller wrote: 08 May 2021 07:54
Will California be at detail and quality of Colorado? No, it will be acceptable to blend in with existing map DLC.
It depends on expectations. I'm pleased with the scenery of Mt. Shasta in blog but they only mentioned Northern California. I can't say Southern California's city area can reach detail in Colorado mountains. but these are different things. Cities are hard to work on.There's no big city except Denver in Colorado that we to compare to California's mega cities. So, in Northern CA, I expect a quality like in the newer DLCs'.As we get to the south, quality will decrease because of city and road density. 1:20 scaling pushes developer to shorten and cut whatelse you might to think to include in game.
I agree with this, I would have rather them make LA really big instead of getting Carlsbad and Oxnard, same thing with San Francisco, the southern approach needs a rework badly.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.
flight50

#495 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 18:20

No doubt. As the US's second largest city and the 2nd largest metro area, I think a huge area would give justice to the city and the game. If removing cities creates errors, I am sure something can still be done to enlarge the area. Just make the expendable cities less relevant. Carlsbad is closer to San Diego though. But a larger San Diego can take up more space and trim out some of Carlsbad.

As mentioned before, the entire Bay area would be nice to get in the game. If the body of water was part of the equation, the Bay area would be just as large as LA almost area wise excluding Pomona and East of it. I'd love to get San Jose added, Oakland drastically improved and San Francisco made a bit more precisely.
Crysta1ake

#496 Post by Crysta1ake » 10 May 2021 19:34

I would like to see a detailed drawing of Southern California, especially the Mojave Desert, something near Barstow, new desert highways
Shiva

#497 Post by Shiva » 10 May 2021 20:46

Los Angeles? West of it would be a good idea to have San Bernardino County, California.
May I offer you a truck stop and airport?
Delta Cargo: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/TA+Truc ... 598288!3e0
Fed Ex Cargo: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/TA+Truc ... 518755!3e0
I would actually prefer the latter.
+ there would be other nice opportunities for delivery spots.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
SmokeyWolf

#498 Post by SmokeyWolf » 10 May 2021 20:47

Florida has them too. If you don't pull a reefer or haul plants you always get to bypass them and never have to stop at them.
flight50

#499 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 21:19

I think that entire LA and surrounding cities should be ginormous. 1:20 scale......sure we are limited but I think that area can expand. I doubt we get I-210. That helps. Everything North of I-5 can push North. The mountains off I-210 can push North to make more space for I-10. If San Bernardino was scenic but tied to LA, great. That TA or even Petro is much needed. Both kind of has to be there though. If both are functional great if not no worries. There is industry off the exit for the trucks stops. I'd love to get CarMax, Sam's Club and Target North of I-10. South of I-10, there is a ton of industrial buildings. One in particular I see and like is Toyota North America Parts. If we got lucky and got Toyota in San Antonio, Tx, we can get parts from LA coming from the ports or airport if we got it. I also see Kraft foods and pretty much any warehouse can be used to represent something in ATS.

Delta Cargo, I'd rather get LAX in. That space is too tight and Ontario's airport and it wouldn't be the must have airport over LAX.
clifflandmark

#500 Post by clifflandmark » 11 May 2021 02:43

I forgot to say before, to SCS : can you put some seqouia based on real places in map? It's endemic. Giant Seqouia's are fantastic. They're matching Pacific Coastline, also they exist up to Nevada as we get to the East.

Return to “General discussion about the game”