Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

angrybirdseller

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#961 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Aug 2021 20:15

I-5 South of Stockton and exit 465 truck stop option ---https://www.google.com/maps/place/Flyin ... l=en---Its newer one there are warehouses and Amazon near by could be new companies for Stockton.
flight50

#962 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2021 22:51

I'm surprised Amazon isn't in ATS already. There are several national companies that should have been developed by now. Amazon distribution centers are popping up everywhere in major cities. Most cities have multiple centers as well. SCS could make complexes out of them or just do one in the largest cities...just like in real life. Logistics is lacking for ATS. Why we only have SellGoods, I don't know. America's backbone is trucking and there's a lot to be desired still in ATS for logistics alone. Almost every city in the top 50 in the US probably has an Amazon distribution center. Distribution centers is nothing more than a huge warehouse in which all industries can provide cargo in to it. How many Wallberts do we have and not even half the US is created? Amazon an many others can populate ATS just as much as Wallbert.

I surely hope SCS is not just focusing on rebuilding roads and cities. I hope they are considering the economy that was never in place in these non paid dlc states. If all 3 free states came up with a solid number of national companies, those companies can go to all 48 states accordingly. Make national chain companies part of the base map and expand the game economy. All 3 states won't have every single national company perhaps but there are enough that are in those 3 states that could populate ATS.
clifflandmark

#963 Post by clifflandmark » 06 Aug 2021 00:56

A trailer pack with new prefabs is needed.

Costco nestle amazon ... at least 10 more companies.

What we got is already a little bit different.

Whats "goliath" man? It reminds me schwarzenegger in terminator role.
KrysEmlyn

#964 Post by KrysEmlyn » 06 Aug 2021 08:12

Goliath appears to be a mining company.
The paint job behind the company name looks very similar to the side of the dumper from one of those massive dump trucks that are using in mining operations.
flight50

#965 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2021 09:42

I don't think Goliath is a mining company exactly. Its the company will get that makes mining equipment. Goliath is more than likely pic 10 and pic 12 from the February Wyoming Industry blog.

The depot this is would be this real life one, Westech.
Trucker Nik

#966 Post by Trucker Nik » 16 Aug 2021 15:05

I hope the scs will rework the I-5 / I-10 and I-5 / USA 101 highway intersection in California and give them a more realistic shape, because what we have now is very unrealistic
Onagerlinn

#967 Post by Onagerlinn » 17 Aug 2021 06:22

@Ceco I'm sure they will, it's just a matter of when the rebuilds make it all the way down to LA. Personally, I'd prefer if the rebuild projects moved east along I-80 before going south to LA, to better connect with Idaho, Utah, and the rest of the higher-quality map.
Trucker Nik

#968 Post by Trucker Nik » 17 Aug 2021 07:07

That's why I asked because these intersections are made of new road textures, not the ones that were in Northern California, I don't know if you understand me if you don't go check it out and understand now :)
Trucker Nik

#969 Post by Trucker Nik » 23 Aug 2021 05:30

Yesterday I looked at google maps and noticed that on I-40, just outside the California-Arizona border, there is a weighing station on the side of Arizona that is not included in the ATS, still on the I-40 highway in California, there is a weighing station in ATS, but in reality there is no weighing station there, but there is a rest area
fra_ba

#970 Post by fra_ba » 23 Aug 2021 07:13

yup! Topock POE is ignored in game! Not sure why?

Return to “General discussion about the game”