Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

TheRedRaider

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#451 Post by TheRedRaider » 07 May 2021 20:30

@Shiva I think pics 2 and 7 could be from US-395 coming from Reno https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7291968 ... 312!8i6656 Its not exactly like the pictures but the station and building in the back do kind of match but that's it
MountainCloud9

#452 Post by MountainCloud9 » 07 May 2021 20:36

Bedavd wrote: 07 May 2021 18:47 An interesting thing I just noticed on the blog... ALL of the cars in ALL of the photos have Nevada plates, even the ones taken of the inspection stations on the CA/OR border.

Pic 1 and Pic 10 - Redwood Hwy Station on US 199, Oregon border but Nevada plates.
Not unusual considering they are working on phase 1, which is Northern California, and they wiil most probably not touch Oregon's connections
Shiva

#453 Post by Shiva » 07 May 2021 20:36

TheRedRaider, yeah. Could be, I saw your post after I had edited mine.

US-395/CA-299 at Alturas it does not look like for sure. Sadly no updates streetview from there yet, atleast on Google Streetview.

CA-139 Tulelake's Inspection station was a pain to find. Has SCS found its location, or do they need a poke?
Atleast I found it from https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/PE/Exteri ... elake.html , so I think SCS gone there too.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#454 Post by flight50 » 07 May 2021 21:32

Tristam-94 wrote: 07 May 2021 19:54
I think maybe what they mean is, you have to pass through the station regardless, but if you are carrying a specific cargo you have to come to a full stop and press a button (like with weigh stations)?
I am actually hoping more like the border patrol in ETS but cargo based. The cargo should dictate if you get a weigh station type inspection or a border patrol type inspection. There is a list of things that they are checking for. If you are on Side A, you just get stopped briefly and you are on your way. If you are on side B, you get a more thorough search. I also wonder if this is a good chance for them to check your tandems on whether you comply or not too.
Last edited by flight50 on 07 May 2021 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Bedavd

#455 Post by Bedavd » 07 May 2021 21:42

It'll be interesting for sure. Based on the video LATrucker posted, it seems like they briefly check everyone. So I think we'll all have to stop and "present" our "bill of lading" to show what we're carrying and that'll mean a quick or thorough inspection where they take our limes to the laboratory. I wonder if they do a thorough check we'll have a shortish time skip like when we're loading/unloading owned trailers.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Xaagon

#456 Post by Xaagon » 07 May 2021 21:50

From the blog, "The reskin will come as a free update for all owners of the American Truck Simulator and will be released in smaller phases over the course of upcoming game updates."

I'm kind of excited to see this. We're not going to have to wait to get the rebuild all at once... we get to explore a little bit at a time. If I'm right, these releases are going to come more frequently than new states being added so we'll get to drive somewhere new pretty often over the next year or so.

Seems like they're starting at the borders and putting in all the border crossings first, then moving inward?
shadynsx

#457 Post by shadynsx » 07 May 2021 22:19

Could we get a rework of San Francisco coming with this first phase?
J.Random

#458 Post by J.Random » 07 May 2021 22:34

flight50 wrote: 07 May 2021 21:32 I am actually hoping more like the border patrol in ETS but cargo based. The cargo should dictate if you get a weigh station type inspection or a border patrol type inspection. There is a list of things that the yare checking for. If you are on Side A, you just get stopped briefly on you are on your way. If you are on side B, you get a more thorough search. I also wonder if this is a good chance for them to check your tandems on whether you comply or not too.
And that's exactly what worries me. Ideally, they'll have to add an NPC indicating you to pull over for full inspection or waving you off (mechanically, that would be a human-shaped traffic light), but I fully expect them to do it the lazy way, same as those ETS2 border inspections/X-rays, which are infuriatingly unusable when advisor window is hidden.
oldmanclippy

#459 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 May 2021 23:06

@shadynsx If we're getting any city, then I think it'll be San Francisco, since they teased it on Instagram a number of months back
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#460 Post by flight50 » 07 May 2021 23:39

Xaagon wrote: 07 May 2021 21:50 If I'm right, these releases are going to come more frequently than new states being added so we'll get to drive somewhere new pretty often over the next year or so.
Well from the xmas stream, they already mentioned 2 things. 1) it will come in phases and 2) more people will join the rebuild team over time. So basically the way that Germany came except have a dedicated and consistent team stay on it until its done. There should be enough people of the paid dlc maps to push forward with them if both Texas and Wyoming are full swing while this rebuild is going on. If no one from the rebuild team needs to slide over to a paid dlc map, then California can get steady progress. We've all had our ideas on what the phases could be. Sounds like phase 1 is following the most speculated........I-80 and North of it. But how soon and how fast all of California comes will depend on how many can join the team. That time table is unknown. My honest guess is for the last update of the year in 2022 as best case. For worse case, Summer of 2023. Depends on how intense this rebuild is and if lots of new assets come. If the rebuild team consisted of the same numbers for a paid dlc, then California can be done sooner. They are probably able to use their existing research with some new research for some things. As long as things are a bit more accurate, all is good.

We could assume that all roads, textures, terrains and vegetation gets updates. Cities are confirmed to get reskinned but to what degree? The models aren't too bad but do the fit the scene and are they accurate is the question. At the end of the day, this is a non paid dlc. So can they afford to completely revamp California....75% of it...50% of it? If this rebuild is to be treated like Germany, there will be several blog for progress. No matter what, the health of ATS will change. All maps being on par with paid dlc's will be a major upgrade.

My speculation for phasing has 2 options......again, this is just my speculation. This is not the only way...or my way or nothing. I am speaking for myself. Create your own if you envision something else. So there is no wrong or right here. Which one will SCS do is the mystery or which route could be fairly close to what they do. Well again, depends on intent and how many people join. Paid dlc's will always have priority and we all have to understand that. This is something they technically do not have to do, but as a curiosity to their fans, they are upgrading the quality across the map. Sometimes you just have to burn money to make money. But I've always imagined Phase I going to I-80 or just to Redding. Phase 2 can either go to US-395 or to I-15. Phase 3 would be all of Southern California. But considering Southern California is the perhaps the most complex and busiest, maybe a 4th phase develops to save it for last.

Option A
[ external image ]

Option B
[ external image ]

@shadynsx I could work with that. Not a bad thought. That kinda of makes everything along I-80 come into play though. We are getting the inspection station on I-80 so I'd like to think they take that all the way into San Francisco. Which at that point would tie in Oakland and Sacramento for rebuilds. So for me, it would be those three plus Redding, Eureka and Ukiah still. But what I'm crossing my fingers for is adding Yuba City and/or Chico to get a continued CA-99 to extend to I-5. Last add............. San Jose. I think the Bay area should be one huge metro area. San Franscico+Oakland+San Jose. Oakland is a joke and San Jose doesn't even exist and its the 10th largest US city. San Francisco could get pushed out into the ocean to make more space. But that entire area could be a huge upgrade alone. The US-101 to I-80 is a long time coming. US-50 from Sacramento to Carson City...long time coming and last, I-40 @ I-15 junction needs to be exact. That shortcut is a long time coming for an update.
Last edited by flight50 on 07 May 2021 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”