Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Shiva

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#851 Post by Shiva » 05 Jun 2021 23:47

interstate trav, congratulations from me too.
I have mostly only checked I-5's areas. The parallell road to it looks good, but is semi real. Some parts real, some parts not. The added fuel stations to I-5, those are nice.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
fra_ba

#852 Post by fra_ba » 06 Jun 2021 05:47

Now that we have agriculture inspections, let's wish for a better representation of CHP stations in all CA. Some of them are actually missing or placed in wrong locations
flight50

#853 Post by flight50 » 06 Jun 2021 06:36

@interstate trav Congrats my friend. Your going to be a very busy man indeed, lol. In regards to Northern California, the parts they did do are awesome. I can't vouch for the accuracy but I did feel elevation which is a key for me. I like for my truck to work grades when possible. Its going to be a real treat to get phase 2. It was hard to believe that I was actually driving in California on the roads they redid.
Bedavd

#854 Post by Bedavd » 06 Jun 2021 15:08

Welcome back, Trav! It’s been weird not hearing much from you as we got the rebuild, but what an exciting reason to be gone!

@fra_ba Are those stations like the Ag Stations that will pull every truck in for inspection? Or is it more of randomized “only those that are signaled to stop” have to come?
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Xaagon

#855 Post by Xaagon » 06 Jun 2021 15:38

Congratulations, interstate trav! Hope all goes well and wishing you as much contiguous sleep as possible. My first kid did not "sleep like a baby"... second kid was better.

I haven't participated in the open beta yet, but I have watched most of the new California roads on youtube. From what I've seen it looks much better than the base map. They reworked I-5 north of Sacramento except for the part that goes through Redding, CA-299, and US-101 between Ukiah and Eureka.

I understand that once you move a profile to the beta you can't go back, and I haven't felt like starting a new profile so far. I've spent my time taking screenshots of some of my favorite places on the replaced roads for nostalgia's sake.
fra_ba

#856 Post by fra_ba » 06 Jun 2021 15:57

Bedavd wrote: 06 Jun 2021 15:08 Are those stations like the Ag Stations that will pull every truck in for inspection? Or is it more of randomized “only those that are signaled to stop” have to come?
It depends on how scs wants to model them. But since they are sort of weigh stations, I think they would be more of randomized ones. Here is a map of such scales:
https://dot.ca.gov/programs/traffic-ope ... h-stations
flight50

#857 Post by flight50 » 06 Jun 2021 16:39

@Xaagon People go back all the time. Its too much work for me though so I don't bother doing it. Once I update to the latest update in beta, I never go back. Once I update, its fairly hard to go back anyways. It not worth it for me to go back anyways. I enjoy the new stuff to much and try to help search for bugs when I can.
GT182

#858 Post by GT182 » 07 Jun 2021 01:23

Well, back in the 80s ALL vehicles had to stop at these "Ag Station Ports of Entry" that are in both Arizona and California east and west. They check trucks for weight and what they are carrying.... freight and produce. Plus all other traffic must stop too to be checked, but that is on the opposite side of the building away from the trucks. The only ones I ever saw were on the main Interstates, as that was all I traveled on heading west carrying freight and coming back east with produce.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
parasaurolophus67

#859 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 07 Jun 2021 01:26

Arizona.. ;-; I swear I thought this was just a 1 min state to state drive (besides weight stations) then to have to go to a ag station to be checked. .-.
hangman005

#860 Post by hangman005 » 07 Jun 2021 05:43

The ag stations are great.... SCS just needs to get a pink old car spilling fruit and veges out of the trunk as they speed off.

[ external image ]
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland

Return to “General discussion about the game”