Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#551 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 20:58

We are talking about two different countries. The way livestock is looked at in one country doesn't equal another. Look at gun control here in the US. Its out of control....Europe doesn't have that issue. Its easy to sit back and speak opinions but we are not on the legal side of things. But I'm not the one that needs to be convinced for a full industry related to livestock in ATS. Talk to Pavel. Call him up, email him and see what he says. I'll wait for the reply. I'm not saying it won't come, don't get it twisted. I'm saying it may not be what some expect. Anything is better than nothing. So far we have seen farms, feedlots and auctions. Nothing else implies a full livestock industry that we know happens in real life. That is what I'm talking about. Anything remotely related to animal cruelty will not show up in the game.

I don't play ETS2 enough to know how its handled there but I know its there. Not everything will be apples to apples between the two games and this is one of them. We'll get something, but to what degree is what SCS has to be careful on. California has some livestock going for itself. If Nevada and Arizona also has it, the entire map so far can get in on the action. It would be cool for the heavier Agriculture areas in the base map missed last time to now get those industries involved. Not all states have to be huge with the industry but enough introduced to it would nice. Realistically, there is a time frame and process with livestock. I don't now if SCS will go the full extend to livestock handling or if it will be left arcade like time not a factor. With the rebuild, it benefits from everything up to Texas at this point.

If SCS comes up with small, medium and large feedlots/auctions/ranches, I can see livestock being sprinkled all over the place. I wouldn't just put it every just to put it, but for the areas SCS is building out, it wouldn't hurt to add some concentrations here and there.
Marcello Julio

#552 Post by Marcello Julio » 13 May 2021 21:10

I'm sure the team that developing Wyoming is doing everything right! I believe that if that were the case, they would not have made the quote involving the Livestock auction houses in the Industry blog post.
Xaagon

#553 Post by Xaagon » 13 May 2021 21:40

Somebody could always start a poll here, "Should SCS include live animal transport in ATS? Yes or No". I'm betting the results would mostly be "yes".
flight50

#554 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 21:53

No doubt it would be yes. I'd choose yes myself. No point in the poll though. The scales will tip to yes all day long.

@Marcello Julio. The team that is making the livestock industry is not responsible for articles in the blogs. That is primarily Alex or Nemiro. There is a huge difference between auction house, farm, rodeo, ranch > slaughter house. Slaughter house is the one thing we have not seen. Its the one thing that can easily make all the difference in the way ATS is perceived when it comes to industries. I was trying to avoid saying the word but I guess I have to be literal here. When I'm say SCS is worried about livestock, I am only speaking of the slaughter houses. As much as I'd love to have them to get the full livestock industry, my hopes are very very low. No matter what a poll says, SCS will look out for themselves. No amount of outside influences will convince them otherwise. So if we do not get slaughterhouses, I tried to warn you guys. So don't get your hopes up is all I'm saying. Transporting livestock from A to B is fine.......as long as its not to the point of no return no worries. There will be limits to livestock is what I'm getting at.
supersobes
Global moderator

#555 Post by supersobes » 13 May 2021 22:33

I don't think controversy is a huge reason for not having certain industries in ATS. If that was the case, we probably wouldn't have the lumber and petroleum industries either. Just like how some animal-rights activists block livestock trucks from reaching meat packing facilities, there are also some environmental activists who stop petroleum trucks from reaching refineries and log trucks from reaching sawmills.
flight50

#556 Post by flight50 » 13 May 2021 23:03

To a degree yes. But lost of life tends to spark more issues. People need wood to build. People need oil to have gas. People don't have to have meat to eat. Of the 3, its hard to get by in America without wood product or oil products but you can easily avoid animal products. They are called vegetarians. I'm all for every possible industry coming to ATS as close to full activity as possible. But I do know how to look at things from all sides too and rationally think how would I proceed in the least controversial manner if I was SCS. Dairy uses livestock but no issues with loss of life there. Oil/gas.......the animals are already naturally deceased. Lumber, they replant. Livestock, they breed more. One will never come back. One will take a long time to mature and the last, can be done within months. Each plays a roll though but they don't have to play out in full in ATS if they are controversial.

I'd just like to see California maximize its full potential to get all industries that fit in the state, in the places they exist in real life. There are several new companies that California can add. There could be some specific new prefabs that could be unique to the base map states. I don't know what they are but I'm sure there is something that is now possible with all the experience SCS has gained. This is the time to make California what its good at and that is economy. Along with it comes the scenery and the road network that should revitalize a state that many avoid.
Grizzly

#557 Post by Grizzly » 13 May 2021 23:38

You can already transport meat and dairy products, I really don't think it's an issue.
flight50

#558 Post by flight50 » 14 May 2021 03:43

Milk is irrelevant. Its a none factor in this equation. I'm aware there is meat, but where does meat come from? It doesn't magically go from farm to the shelf at the grocery store. One of the biggest issues I have with ATS is lack of companies and cargo. The middleman is missing in a lot of industries in ATS. Livestock has a middle man....a controversial middle man. When the industry does come, there will be complaints when it not what you all expected.
Grizzly

#559 Post by Grizzly » 14 May 2021 04:45

You can find plenty of controversy in the dairy industry if you look for it, just saying if people are looking for reasons to cause outrage they can find them just about anywhere. Cattle can be taken to sale lots if they don't want abattoirs in the game.
Shiva

#560 Post by Shiva » 14 May 2021 09:26

A solution for Hornbrook, could be to keep the name for the Hornbrook Inspection Station.
Ingame name Hornbrook, shown name Hornbrook Inspection Station, that should work, yes?
Dairy cows can be transported from auctions, right. Not always cattle gets transported to slaugher.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”