Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#951 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Aug 2021 17:14

the answers to questions 1 and 2 contradict themselves, you want them to stop making DLCs so they rework the base map first but you are not willing to pay for them, how should they generate money if the biggest selling item is stopped to rework something 10 million people already own ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
angrybirdseller

#952 Post by angrybirdseller » 04 Aug 2021 17:22

They will always couple people left behind to polish and improve base map and the previous DLC especially long-term. They will improve base map like they are doing now to make uniform with existing content. Even when Montana arrives they will still be reworking the base-map slowly overtime. With Wyoming releasing hope they focus on I-80, but I figure they will do California whole first then Nevada.
flight50

#953 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2021 17:29

If the devs are reading this, I sure hope they'd consider fast tracking I-80. I mentioned it a few time and it helps sale not only Wyoming but Utah as well. Nevada makes a gap in quality once California's portion of I-80 is rebuilt.
rbsanford

#954 Post by rbsanford » 04 Aug 2021 18:21

I'll second that. The update that brings in a reworked I-80 in CA should just include the rest of I-80 to Wells with it, even if that's the only reworked road that update. With Wyoming, I-80 will be one of the longest east-west roads in the game, and I'm sure that a lot of people, myself included, will want to do at least one job between San Francisco and Cheyenne, especially if a San Francisco rework is in the picture. That huge quality gap between Wells and Reno or thereabouts would be way too noticeable, especially to completely new players who, in the worst case scenario, might not be interested in where I-80 goes from Wells due to its quality.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#955 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2021 18:48

I could live with I-80 only as an update if its for 1.42 or 1.43. If they started today, I think that road could be by time the xmas event kicked in which is the 2nd or 3rd week of December. The mountain models are a bit easier to create and I think enough are made that most can be reused from what we already have. Don't worry about Reno, Winnemucca or Elko. Come back and do those later just like ph1 California. I'm not sure if I'm being over optimistic or not. But I think that road could be designed in like 1-2 weeks tops. Then detailing out would be the most time consuming part. Get the road layout and then assign a person to it. If Wyoming is about done, pull one of them to do I-80. If most of the Wyoming team moved on to lets say Montana, that dlc is way ahead in the future. Knock out I-80 in Nevada first to bridge that quality gap. A little Reforma style can kick in. I do miss the Sierra Nevada part that covered I-80. SCS needs their own though.
GT182

#956 Post by GT182 » 04 Aug 2021 21:01

Wyoming should be out by the time 1.42 or 1.43 arrives. So a base map rebuild could be a winner. Only saying that as SCS won't give a release time for Wyoming. So maybe they're working to finish the rebuild first.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#957 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2021 21:31

I doubt the rebuild would be finished before next Winter. The cool thing is that the longer the rebuilds take, the more that can be implemented into them. California benefits from current ATS, Wyoming and Texas. If Montana has started, even Montana can have some of its prefabs in California.
Tristman

#958 Post by Tristman » 04 Aug 2021 21:49

I hadn't put much thought into that yet, but it's true. The longer it takes for California to be rebuilt, the more it can benefit from new industries that are introduced with new DLC.
Seeing how economically relevant California is, and especially Texas potentially bringing a bunch of new industries (because of how economically relevant it is), there's an opportunity for California to get a lot more industries. This would make California in-game a lot more representative of how important it is in real life.
oldmanclippy

#959 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Aug 2021 13:23

Texas and Montana will both bring all the assets needed for California. After that, diminishing returns.

As for the timetable, here's what I could see happening:

1.42: Northern CA city reworks and CA road reworks as far south as CA-120, including US-50 expansion and I-80.
1.43: Bay Area city reworks and CA road reworks as far south as CA-198.
1.44: Central Valley city reworks and CA road reworks as far south as CA-58/I-40
1.45: Rest of city reworks north of LA area and rest of CA road reworks.
1.46: LA, San Diego, and rest of southern CA city reworks.
1.47: Start Nevada road reworks.

I'd also prefer them to throw in I-80 in Nevada reworks among all that. Otherwise we could be waiting until 2024 to get it and that's just too long to wait for such an important road. I don't think it will come with 1.42 but maybe with 1.43 if SCS realizes how important that is for selling Utah and Wyoming. Doing it for 1.43 in my model would allow it to come with the San Fransisco rebuild so that San Fransisco to Cheyenne would be up to modern standards (as long as you don't get off the highway in Nevada).

For 1.42, I'm really looking forward to a more accurate I-80 and I-580 in the Bay Area. I want to feel like I'm entering a big metropolis, like with Denver. You get the feeling there are suburbs and lots of people living there. SF, not at all at the moment.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#960 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2021 14:42

@Tristam-94 exactly. California can definitely be represented much much better. Its the US #1 economic state and it would be nice if ATS showed that. Sure SCS can't fit everything in but with Texas, I'm sure it will add a lot of goodies. Wyoming can add a few I'm sure. Montana...mayyyyybe 1 add there. California itself is big in Agriculture. Those things are in place. ATS should have 2-3 crop farms by now. Copy and rebrand Sun Crops. Copy Bushell for another Dairy depot. Even those depots could be used in Kansas, Nebraska, Dakotos and Iowa of instance. More focus just needs to go into the economy.

As far a I-80, it would be perfect if it came with the update that brings Texas. A huge dlc like Texas plus a beneficial I-80.........that's a win win. By the time Texas releases, Wyoming would be on sale and you know people will buy it up then. I-80 will be critical and even more criticized at that point. If manpower is low, by the time Texas is wrapping up, heck move 1-2 Texas mappers to I-80 for 2-3 months. I'm sure that is about 2-3 sectors right there. Or pull someone working Montana and place them on I-80. Then replace them with those coming from Texas once it releases. Montana should release after Texas so its a domino effect on where to place mappers.

Return to “General discussion about the game”