Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

PBandJ

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#421 Post by PBandJ » 25 Apr 2021 01:01

I have went back several pages. I stay up on topics even though I don't often post anymore unless I find it important to myself. Not looking to rack up my post count with fruitless posts. IRL there are tough places to get into, especially in small shops and stores. As I said it is almost identical to the Home store so does that one need to be changed also? I don't see LCV's going into this or many other small shops and stores, more likely to go into terminals and open yards. Those may need to opened more.
flight50

#422 Post by flight50 » 25 Apr 2021 02:26

As I stated before, I posted about Eddy's. So I am only speaking about Eddy's. Also this is a thread about base maps. I am only speaking on the behalf of the base map. Home Store came much later and if I was needing to speak on Home Store, I would do so in a non base map thread.
Xaagon

#423 Post by Xaagon » 25 Apr 2021 04:45

The Eddy's hard parking can be a challenge, but I find the railyard parking to be harder... especially using a long truck (W900 or 389). Also challenging is the Bitumen depot when you've got a long trailer.

With these I try to use just the in-cab camera for realism, only using the external camera when I'm stopped to simulate getting out and looking.

The only really impossible deliveries that I have to use the easy parking option is for pulling the articulated oversized loads where I don't have enough room to get the whole road train straightened out. Though not in the base map, the HMS machinery in Port Angeles, WA immediately comes to mind for this problem.
Tristman

#424 Post by Tristman » 25 Apr 2021 08:52

I agree with Xaagon on the HMS. The small depot (that was in the base game and I think is still used in new DLC) can be very difficult with some of the huge cargoes you need to deliver there. Generally you need to use the entire road outside to straighten out, and then with the articulated heavy loads, you only get one shot at parking it correctly.

Regarding the old Eddy’s, the easy option isn’t necessarily easier than the hard option, since it makes you park facing left. This means you can’t drive to the right parking lot and reverse, and the very tight entrance gate means that you have to come from the right on the main road, because coming from the left definitely results in jackknifing.

Now I get that a lot of people like the challenge, and even though I’m not great at parking I do like to spend time on getting it right, but when the prefab makes me feel like a bull in a China shop, I’m not sure that prefab is actually realistic for what a comparable American grocery store lot would be like.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#425 Post by BattlePeasant » 25 Apr 2021 11:10

I prefer to move along the brown line. Turning in reverse to the left is much easier than turning to the right. The end of the trailer is out of sight when turning. Perhaps every time you need to reconfigure the mirror, but in the game I will not do this.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
Driving2005

#426 Post by Driving2005 » 26 Apr 2021 00:38

Arizona needs a little makeover too. Phoenix metro could use the City of Tolleson since there is a lot of warehouses there. 35th street wa a good choice but 75th street would have been a better option. The drive from Ehrenberg to Phoenix could be a little more realistic too.
flight50

#427 Post by flight50 » 26 Apr 2021 05:16

PBandJ wrote: 25 Apr 2021 01:01 I don't see LCV's going into this or many other small shops and stores, more likely to go into terminals and open yards.
Here's an lcv going to Eddy's. Which Eddy's, I'm not sure but its an Eddy's.

[ external image ]
hangman005

#428 Post by hangman005 » 26 Apr 2021 06:53

Ahhh the Vegas Eddies is one of the good ones, Raton and Ely are examples of the bad prefabs, although they might be Walberts in those location. (they also might not be, should pay attention more)
Onagerlinn

#429 Post by Onagerlinn » 26 Apr 2021 06:57

@hangman005 Yeah the Raton one is a Wallbert. I avoid that dropoff like the plague. The adjacent road also gets incredibly busy which makes turning out of that prefab quite a challenge.
hangman005

#430 Post by hangman005 » 26 Apr 2021 06:59

I hate when I'm not thinking, and suddenly I find myself outside... I just get out of my truck and cry lol

Return to “General discussion about the game”