Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

SmokeyWolf

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#601 Post by SmokeyWolf » 17 May 2021 22:24

It is nice you can visit a place and think of ATS. I pulled a load to General Mills and told the shipper I was picking up for Global Mills. Talk about getting a funny look. :lol: :lol:
bobgrey1997

#602 Post by bobgrey1997 » 17 May 2021 23:14

Ive done that a couple times. Not to a shipper or receiver, thankfully.
I'll see a services sign with the WalMart logo (you know, the biggest retsil chain in history based out of my homestate, so very unforgettable and unmistakable) and go "hey! A Walbert at the next exit!"
Every time I look at the Seattle area and see the big plane factory (the one owned by Boeing", I read "Darwing".
I think I need help.

Actually got a funny look and a remark about the WalMart thing from my trainer.
We needed to find a WalMart because the other student needed to deal with their customer service or something. I'm driving down the freeway and see one of those service signs. I say "Walbert at the next exit". He says "a walwhat?"
SmokeyWolf

#603 Post by SmokeyWolf » 17 May 2021 23:40

@bobgrey1997 I think we need help. :lol:
flight50

#604 Post by flight50 » 18 May 2021 00:24

@Larry71490 and @bobgrey1997 that is hilarious. That's awesome, lol. ATS has you giving real life places video game names. That goes to show how much you guys play/think ATS, lol. I use to work at Home Depot for almost 10 years and I am surprised I don't call it Home Store, lol. Speaking of Home store, mannnn, I sure wish SCS made Target and Lowe's though. Those two would give some type of hope for company variety. I'd good with a Bulls'eye or Dott for Target and maybe BlueRoof or BluBox for Lowe's.
bobgrey1997

#605 Post by bobgrey1997 » 18 May 2021 00:32

Speaking of Home Store, I once seen someone post a picture they found in a Home Depot office of the Home Store trailer skin in ATS. The poster was talking about logistics and such. I think the person who created it either searched "Home Depot trailer" on Google and got Home Store, or simply didn't realize he was using a picture of a fictional.brand in a video game.
Rockatansky6

#606 Post by Rockatansky6 » 18 May 2021 01:16

Whenever I see, going to work, a FedEx or DHL van, mentally my brain reads: FCP and PostED. I thought it was just me! Walbert, I mean Walmart was only a few years in Brazil, last year he left the city near where I live, and always when I would go shopping with my son at Walmart, I would say to him: Let's go with Dad at Walbert. There are other bizarre cases, like the iveco daily vans, which I usually call Bracco! :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SmokeyWolf

#607 Post by SmokeyWolf » 18 May 2021 01:23

@flight50 I agree we need a Lowe's or Target parody. I would rename Charge as they ship more than electronics. I would like to see a parody of Amazon we could name it Blue Logistics.
flight50

#608 Post by flight50 » 18 May 2021 01:55

Honestly I am shocked and surprised by the lack of many national chains in the US not in the game. They have zero issues with new companies in ETS2. Amazon is a huge corporation. They have hubs everywhere. Swift, JB Hunt, they truck everywhere. 25+ Logistics companies are in ETS2 and only 1 in ATS. So few options. Several retail chains, none existent. California has several Ikeas. You can look in every state around the US in every major city and find 2-3 concentrated areas of the same national chains. These place should have been in ATS by the time Washington came. But we don't get them in ATS. The effort to bring more depots isn't a focus for ATS like it is for ETS2 for whatever reason. ATS gets praised how well the scenes look and now well the backgrounds are looking but not enough people are pushing them for a more diverse economy to deliver stuff to and from. California is getting upgraded in a big way but as the US's largest economy, it will still be missing a lot with missing companies to transport to.

The team makes a ton of non functioning depots as fill in when a lot of this space can be taking up by deliverable depots. There are always some trucking to do in the largest cities here. With the base map rebuild, I'm hoping to see some new companies pop up. I don't think its right to just bring in the current roster of companies when California, Nevada and Arizona can add their own flavor to the mix. I love this game but I'm losing desire to play hrs on end like I use to. I have most of my fun on here actually. I spend more hrs per week on this forum than I do playing the game. Why? I think scratching the surface of ATS's potential is where the game will stay. I feel like the main focus of the game isn't about transporting a variety of goods from intriguing industries and their umpteen companies under their given umbrella. Variety brings a decent amount of depots to haul cargo..... if the potential is tapped more. New roads and reworked cities is cool and all with the base map rebuild but I'd like to see things in place that were not there before. I am sure California has more than Walmart for groceries. I am sure they have more logistics than SellGoods. I am sure there is more than Voltison for car dealerships. California is the number one Agriculture state in the US...........surely they don't only have SunCrops and Bushnell. If people are content with this, cool to each is own but its very disappointing to see ATS limited. This rebuild is a chance to fix a lot....not keep patching it up. I play the game to delivery products and various companies and to various industries and I don't feel like ATS is growing enough for ICC's.
bobgrey1997

#609 Post by bobgrey1997 » 18 May 2021 02:02

I agree there!
I'd love to see more companies.
Xaagon

#610 Post by Xaagon » 18 May 2021 02:57

Suppose California, Nevada, and Arizona each bring one new company. Then suppose each new state also brings one new company. I'm not talking about airports, I'm talking companies with their own branded trailers like USBB. When the contiguous US is done that would bring us 43 new logo designs to see on the highways, a decent amount of variety. 44 if they give us a Farmers Barn trailer.

At one company per state that would also be kind of underachieving for SCS. Especially since we saw that dev livestream where Annie created that truck travelbag in only a few minutes... unless she practiced it a whole lot before that to present a Bob Ross style performance.

I'm still curious if they're pursuing anything with Swift. If so, there's another exciting avenue to get more variety by adding national freight companies. I'd be happy if they started with fictional ones, maybe base them off of companies that are no longer in business or completely make them up so as to not offend a real one if they're to be added later.

Return to “General discussion about the game”