America or Europe?

arunpandit

America or Europe?

#1 Post by arunpandit » 09 Apr 2020 11:09

I prefer America because I was born and raised here in Texas and learnt how to drive here in comparison to other nations. Europe is a problem because different nations have different driving laws such as the UK where you need to drive left and there's a ton of roundabouts. And I mean, sure... Germany is my favorite country and everywhere in Europe has a lot of variety, but I just can't seem to like it more there compared to here in the States.

So yeah, America takes the cake with me than in Europe. But what's your favorite place to do business and why?
Nic Kowalski

Re: America or Europe?

#2 Post by Nic Kowalski » 09 Apr 2020 14:30

Hi arunpandit,
I like US the most too, but for the opposite reason, I guess. I live in Italy and driving in Europe with ETS2 is nice, but playing with ATS feels like visiting an exotic place, like being in one of the truck movies I grew up with! The trucks are way cooler and the places are more colourful and interesting, IMO obviously.
Nic Kowalski - World of Trucks profile
Wing Kong Trading - Ontario, OR
Andrei_03

#3 Post by Andrei_03 » 09 Apr 2020 14:40

Europe, especially Scandinavia and all the Eastern European countries. I enjoy those places thanks to their scenery and atmosphere.

America is very boring in my opinion, but I like the american trucks though. And since american trucks are a fairly common sight on the Ukrainian and Russian roads, it adds to the realism of the experience.
KnuteOle

#4 Post by KnuteOle » 09 Apr 2020 14:49

I play ATS and ETS2, but tend to play ETS2 more. I haven't spent much time in Europe, so I enjoy driving there and having a virtual visit to places I've never been.

When Idaho and Colorado come out, I'll probably play ATS more because those states are incredibly scenic and I'm familiar with both, so I'm curious to see how they're portrayed in-game.

It's nice to have the two options, though. If SCS ever comes out with African Truck Simulator or South American Truck Simulator or Australia/New Zealand Truck Simulator or Asia Truck Simulator, I may have to quit my job to play all of them.
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521
supersobes
Global moderator

#5 Post by supersobes » 09 Apr 2020 14:55

I prefer American Truck Simulator more becasue I really love the North American road infrastructure. I love the designs of the roads, the interchanges, the road signage, the vehicles on the road, etc. It just feel like home to me. I do love the uniqueness of all the roads in ETS2, and they're really cool too, but there is just a special connection with the ones in ATS for me.
Hauba

#6 Post by Hauba » 09 Apr 2020 16:11

I play ETS 2 regulary since 2014. First an illegaly downloaded version, then I bought it because I wanted to support the developer. I always saw ATS as being a copy of the original, and therefore I didn't like it.

But when the latest discount offer on ATS came out about 2 weeks ago I decided to purchase it because I was interested in the different scenery compared to ETS2, and also with upcoming Idaho and Colorado DLCs the map would be big enough for my liking. And since I bought it i haven't played ETS2. ATS just feels like it's been designed better from the start, a great example being many small roads going along the motorways, so that detours work better and don't ruin the game. Another thing is the traffic light sistem which is better. The scenery is different, couldn't say if it's better or worse because different people prefer different things. But the ATS world feels bigger. In ETS2 there are mostly green hills along much of the road network so it feels a bit cramped and the same everywhere. ATS just looks enourmous. Also the cities are much bigger and better. The on and off-ramps on motorways are much better, the exception being California.

In some way ATS feels like ETS3 with an American map. They took ETS2 and all the updates and made another game which had all those things incorporated from the start. Now as I look at it, ETS2 updates are just for puting plasters on wounds. Just to make bad things better.

The trucks in ATS are much harder to drive though. Stupidly long chassis and with the wheels on trailers all the way back... Stupid, but what can we do. Also the Volvo is... Bad. Iveco Stralis quality. Other trucks are all new Scania quality, in other words very good. Can't wait for Mack and Freightliner.
dkasper00

#7 Post by dkasper00 » 09 Apr 2020 16:45

No clear preference, though I do favor ats slightly more.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Freeze338

#8 Post by Freeze338 » 09 Apr 2020 18:05

Andrei_JZX100 wrote: 09 Apr 2020 14:40 Europe, especially Scandinavia and all the Eastern European countries. I enjoy those places thanks to their scenery and atmosphere.

America is very boring in my opinion, but I like the american trucks though. And since american trucks are a fairly common sight on the Ukrainian and Russian roads, it adds to the realism of the experience.
Boring? Lemme guess, you have played ATS with only vanilla maps?
Andrei_03

#9 Post by Andrei_03 » 09 Apr 2020 18:43

Yep. I'm sure there are many interesting maps for ATS that can make the experience a lot better, but as a european, I am biased towards ETS2 :lol:
Last edited by Wolfi on 10 Apr 2020 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed, do not quote entire message above yours.
Freeze338

#10 Post by Freeze338 » 09 Apr 2020 19:32

As a European, I'll say America without a doubt. If we compare ETS2 and ATS maybe I can say ATS is better but when you comparing about trucking in both regions then I'll say NA is overwhelmingly better than EU. The reason of it America consumes more than EU and consumption is the reason why logistic exist.

On that way NA becomes mainland of trucking. Truck brands builds unique models for NA, there is a culture about trucking instead of only being a job in NA. Also NA has wider roads maybe because of supporting logistics. That's why trucks are bigger for the comfort and faster for the delivery. Also truck density in NA is more than EU, you can see lot's of trucks in every where and also truck models of NA is more than EU. Truck stop existence is one of the biggest proof on that way. They always are full and they made for trucks, you cannot find truck stops properly in EU.

Let's come to the beauty about North Americs trucking. As the landscape NA has a unique landscape. You can find lot's of different scenery all around . Also since it has exotical roads comparing to the EU, it gives the joy of scenery much. In EU, roads are boring, almost every part of the EU looks same. Countries makes the difference about the roads and signs that's it. Maybe Italy and Greece also Scandinavia and Iberia is different but rest of the EU are identical tbh. Not much scenery variety exist and the roads which made for the trucks are generally boring as well.

But those are my opinions tho. You still can prefer EU.

Return to “General discussion about the game”