Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

ArTrailfanRaf214

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#231 Post by ArTrailfanRaf214 » 06 Aug 2020 07:31

55sixxx wrote:
05 Aug 2020 13:25
The thing i like the most about the 5700 is that the interior and dashboard of the truck looks old-school and modern at the same time.
Absolutely,all other WS trucks mostly use interior materials from the 4900 but the 5700 is completely different,mostly the gauges and the steering wheel are different in the 5700XE.
FMOD sound modder for ATS and ETS2

Larry71490

#232 Post by Larry71490 » 06 Aug 2020 16:32

Western Star hasn't really updated their dash since 1997 when the Constellation sleeper replaced the Autocar cab and sleeper.

geomodelrailroader

Re: Freightliner Trucks (WIP)

#233 Post by geomodelrailroader » 06 Aug 2020 20:39

I hope it gets into the game soon. Guys SCS spent years working on this truck only to have it leaked and FCA pulls the patent. Carthoo is no longer with us and neither is Arik. I anticipate the new Western Stars in the fall. Good work Oscar we got the contract but still it will take some time until all three trucks are in the game. People have wanted the Cascadia for years but with Carthoo gone we can't use his models and FCA went bankrupt two years ago and sold Daimler to Benz. Oscar got the contract and Pavel hinted we will have the trucks out soon. It will take time but I have confidence in SCS they can get it done.

Robinicus

#234 Post by Robinicus » 06 Aug 2020 22:18

So I've only seen that info shared in a video by someone who is known to be full of crap....you have some facts behind those statements about Carthoo?
1.39 combined engine pack now available

1.39 default SCS replacement engine pack now available

MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

Larry71490

#235 Post by Larry71490 » 07 Aug 2020 01:03

FCA has nothing to do with Daimler. Daimler has been owned by Benz since the late 80's/early 90's. Freightliner has been owned by Daimler since 1980. You can see the Benz influence with Freightliner in the late 80's with the FL 112.

flight50

#236 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2020 02:30

I don't recall Pavel ever saying we will have trucks soon. Other than the ones we already have. Last two things he said was that he hoped both games get 2 trucks this year (this was 2019) and that there is a working model for every brand so no brand is left behind. That translates to there is at least one license for every NA manufacturer. How soon will our next truck come is nothing more than us the community speculating. All we know is that the Cascadia Carthoo teased is still in play. Otherwise, Carthoo wouldn't have teased about it. Now what's the hold up, no telling but it didn't go as smooth as the International Lonestar. But with Oscar's Daimler trip, both Daimler brands do seem like they will arrive at some point. The WS seems to be on track for a release first.

Based on the Sept 24, 2019 sound blog, a Western Star was not on the menu yet the dealership is in the game and Freightliner isn't. The Cascadia was part of that sound blog ironically. Now that blog and what the devs actually got to record when they where here in the US almost a year ago is anyone's guess outside of SCS. But from that list, we do have the Anthem and the Lonestar. There is the new VNL, the 9900i, the LT and the the new Cascadia left. All but one is still in production but if SCS managed to get the 9900i license before it went out of production, there is still a chance for it. So where or when did they get a WS recording????? If we get a Westerns Star before a Freightliner, then we will get our answer but it won't matter at that point.

Freeze338

#237 Post by Freeze338 » 07 Aug 2020 11:51

Is there any chance that SCS release cabin accessory pack for fixing a navigation problem?

Double Post Merged
geomodelrailroader wrote:
06 Aug 2020 20:39
I hope it gets into the game soon. Guys SCS spent years working on this truck only to have it leaked and FCA pulls the patent. Carthoo is no longer with us and neither is Arik. I anticipate the new Western Stars in the fall. Good work Oscar we got the contract but still it will take some time until all three trucks are in the game. People have wanted the Cascadia for years but with Carthoo gone we can't use his models and FCA went bankrupt two years ago and sold Daimler to Benz. Oscar got the contract and Pavel hinted we will have the trucks out soon. It will take time but I have confidence in SCS they can get it done.
Your words not making any sense for years about Daimler trucks. No offense.
Last edited by supersobes on 07 Aug 2020 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged [Forum rule 2.5]

supersobes
Global moderator

#238 Post by supersobes » 07 Aug 2020 14:33

@Larry71490 Daimler-Benz doesn't actually exist anymore either. They became the company known today as Daimler AG, who is the parent company of Daimler Trucks North America.

Larry71490

#239 Post by Larry71490 » 07 Aug 2020 15:36

@supersobes I know but stating Daimler and Benz go back as far as 1980 when CF sold Freightliner.

dantastic

#240 Post by dantastic » 10 Aug 2020 22:26

Robinicus wrote:
06 Aug 2020 22:18
you have some facts behind those statements about Carthoo?
Geo never has facts to back up any of his statements. I've read so many of his outlandish theories, sorry "truths", on the ats wiki that I just don't trust anything he says anymore.

Here are a few examples:
~idaho page (first reply thread): "are you sure about that? the beta is at 117 when a beta hits that mark they release the next DLC. I know from experience. So if they are on 117 1.38 will release tomarrow and Idaho will release next week."
~idaho (new reply thread): "that will place them in Third Quorter and it will be breaking edicate...but they don't release during holidays and they never release during sells or in the third quortar."
~(same reply thread): "Pavel said he will never release a game in the Third Quarter. I talk to Pavel on Twitter and in the Forms and they post Live Stream every few weeks"
~(still the same reply thread): "Carthoo use to be in this group until a few months ago. Pavel let him go after the Cascadia got leaked and it was revealed Arik was the leaker. He stole their Cascadia prefabs and sold them on the darkweb and they ended up on Modland which is a Palistanian mod site with ties to organized crime."

So many people are annoyed with how he just says whatever he wants, no proof, and doesn't even admit he is wrong when people come with evidence

Return to “General discussion about the game”