Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

cajar

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#2231 Post by cajar » 27 Nov 2020 13:59

It's almost 2 weeks since they showed us Cascadia. I think it use to be hype, but right now it starts to annoy users - as there is still no release date. Hype-driven release is awesome if the time between teaser and release is reasonable, and IMO 2 weeks exceeds that time :D For the last days I checked webpage, blog and so on dozens of time per hour. But yesterday, and today - I gave up. Will be ready when it's ready :D

Marcello Julio

#2232 Post by Marcello Julio » 27 Nov 2020 14:13

F4R35 wrote:
27 Nov 2020 13:49
@Marcello Julio , the VNL wasn't released because people were requesting it whatsoever, I was a beta tester at the time and most of those bugs were already reported and assigned, they released it because Special transport DLC was on its way the same week! October was a busy month and SCS had lots of projects back then.
I'm not defending SCS here, just stating facts.
Yes, I know how it was chaotic for SCS, including it was a great time :D But I said this because I remember that the same people who wanted to truck release quick, complained after finding these bugs. Let's imagine that SCS release the Cascadia and the truck comes with several problems, as much as they are not visible. You went Beta in the past, You know how these people will complain because the truck was released with hurry and etc. In this case, I say the people outside that forum core.

harishw8r

#2233 Post by harishw8r » 27 Nov 2020 14:13

Meanwhile people at Ft.Collins have already started to visit the dealership building as they are eager to place their order.
:idea: Paint everything black!
Screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS
Personal blog

Knightrider

#2234 Post by Knightrider » 27 Nov 2020 14:21

Bin_Cube25 wrote:
27 Nov 2020 09:00
Latest rumour on those forums is that Daimler pulled the pin on the cascadia being featured in American truck sim or is not happy with something about the truck.
When these start to pop up (which is not SCS' fault), add to the silence from the devs it starts to get really unnerving. Who those [steam users] are and why they would have such information? (rhetorical question)
But as false as it might be, when there's no comment from the devs side one might end up thinking (even irrationally) about all these unlikely possibilities. I guess until it makes into the game we are gonna keep guessing. :lol:
My posts do not reflect official information and are just opinions.

Contracts and reputation for jobs

SimLive

#2235 Post by SimLive » 27 Nov 2020 14:30

Awesome trucks as always!

thebigbadonion

#2236 Post by thebigbadonion » 27 Nov 2020 14:35

I wouldn't worry about the rumors that they've lost the license :lol: For one thing SCS don't even mention trucks anymore until all the paperwork is signed off, and there's no going back. Also They updated the Experimental branch a few minutes ago on SteamDB. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce from that they're still testing it. Its been 2 weeks since they teased it. If months go by and we hear nothing, then we should probably be concerned. Until then there's nothing to be worried about.

Knightrider

#2237 Post by Knightrider » 27 Nov 2020 14:38

@thebigbadonion Agreed.
My posts do not reflect official information and are just opinions.

Contracts and reputation for jobs

Graf_Boinenn

#2238 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 27 Nov 2020 14:47

I think final approvals due to the back and forth fixes are pending. It's Thanksgiving holidays in US, so it got delayed. Also, they said "Soon". Not "very soon" or like with the release of the new WS "very shortly after".

About the issues mentioned in Steam forums, I hardly believe them. DTNA has a very good relationship with SCS and now, before the release, everything is bad again?

Marcello Julio

#2239 Post by Marcello Julio » 27 Nov 2020 15:05

Steam Foruns it's one of the worst places.

jarryed

#2240 Post by jarryed » 27 Nov 2020 15:14

I can say the exact same thing about here too. You get criticized to no ends if you post something that the extreme fanboys don't like.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other...in the end both places can be pretty bad.

Return to “General discussion about the game”