Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

Virgo91

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#2941 Post by Virgo91 » 02 Dec 2020 18:48

I think @TruckerDog probably love this air horn :D
Last edited by Virgo91 on 02 Dec 2020 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

TheTiger

#2942 Post by TheTiger » 02 Dec 2020 18:48

I can't stop using that airhorn :lol: IT'S AWESOME!

murdoch82

#2943 Post by murdoch82 » 02 Dec 2020 18:50

I still need to figure out best engine and gearbox option, but so far, the truck looks and feels great! I had hoped for more options when it comes to the DD13 but we got what I expected to get! :D

PC: AMD Ryzen R5 3600X, 2x8 Hyperx Fury RGB 3200 Mhz, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, Gigabyte 2060 Super, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 H-Shifter

Beta_Project

#2944 Post by Beta_Project » 02 Dec 2020 18:53

CSC I love you. In such a difficult year, adding 4 trucks is simply unrealistic.Now with peace of mind knowing that all 7 brands in the game you can go on vacation.
I don't speak English very well, and I use Google translator, excuse me :geek:

TINO

#2945 Post by TINO » 02 Dec 2020 18:53

Mohegan13 wrote:
02 Dec 2020 17:49
Stop blinking then. The WS was in traffic from the start too. :lol:
I have spawn_ratio set to 1 on "...\def\vehicle\ai\westernstar_49x_dcb_traffic.sui" and still nothing. :lol:

TruckerDog
SCS Software

#2946 Post by TruckerDog » 02 Dec 2020 18:56

Virgo91 wrote:
02 Dec 2020 18:48
I think @TruckerDog probably love this air horn :D
Probably is an understatement! :D

I can't stop using it all the time haha - I absolutely love it! :D
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛

supersobes
Global moderator

#2947 Post by supersobes » 02 Dec 2020 18:57

This truck is so awesome! Thanks you for this, SCS!

Things I love about the truck:
  • The modeling and textures on both the interior and the exterior are of superior quality. This truck looks stunning! :shock:
  • The amount of options that this truck has is awesome! There are so many different configurations that you make with this!
  • The Detroit DD series engine sounds are very good. It sounds just like the real thing.
  • The Certified Clean Idle label is correct! :D
  • It's the Freightliner Cascadia, the most famous tractor unit in modern day OTR trucking. It's finally in ATS after all these years!
Things that need to be improved on:
  • The turn signal sounds are too quiet. They are much louder in real-life. They should be the same volume as the turn signals on the Mercedes-Benz New Actros in ETS2. Both trucks use the exact same sounds.
  • The air horn sounds and the parking brake sounds are not correct. The truck that SCS got the sound recordings from in Germany had aftermarket parts, so they do not sound the same as the stock parts that you get from Freightliner. I sincerely hope this will be improved upon.
  • The hood mirrors seem really low from the interior view. I've sat in the driver's seat of a real Freightliner Cascadia on a few occasions, and the hood mirrors definitely are not obstructed by the dashboard. I think they need to be moved up some.
  • The differential lock switches have the same bug that the Western Star 49X had when it first released. I will write a bug report about this later.

Robinicus

#2948 Post by Robinicus » 02 Dec 2020 18:58

Interesting that the FTL is set to 2

EDIT: yeah, just tried the horn....definitely aftermarket

EDIT2 - engine is a step in the right direction, engine brakes are not very good but base engines sounds are getting there albeit too quiet compared to other sounds
Last edited by Robinicus on 02 Dec 2020 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
1.39 combined engine pack now available

1.39 default SCS replacement engine pack now available

MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

Beta_Project

#2949 Post by Beta_Project » 02 Dec 2020 19:03

supersobes wrote:
02 Dec 2020 18:57
This truck is so awesome! Thanks you for this, SCS!

Things I love about the truck:
  • The modeling and textures on both the interior and the exterior are of superior quality. This truck looks stunning! :shock:
  • The amount of options that this truck has is awesome! There are so many different configurations that you make with this!
  • The Detroit DD series engine sounds are very good. It sounds just like the real thing.
  • The Certified Clean Idle label is correct! :D
  • It's the Freightliner Cascadia, the most famous tractor unit in OTR trucking. It's finally in ATS after all these years!
Things that need to be improved on:
  • The turn signal sounds are too quiet. They are much louder in real-life. They should be the same volume as the turn signals on the Mercedes-Benz New Actros in ETS2. Both trucks use the exact same sounds.
  • The air horn sounds and the parking brake sounds are not correct. The truck that SCS got the sound recordings from in Germany had aftermarket parts, so they do not sound the same as the stock parts that you get from Freightliner. I sincerely hope this will be improved upon.
  • The hood mirrors seem really low from the interior view. I've sat in the driver's seat of a Freightliner Cascadia on a few occasions, and the hood mirrors definitely are not obstructed by the dashboard. I think they need to be moved up some.
  • The differential lock switches have the same bug that the Western Star 49X had when it first released. I will write a bug report about this later.
https://i.imgur.com/V3DV7M6.jpg?1

Oh my God my Cascadia looks pretty much the same
Last edited by Wolfi on 02 Dec 2020 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images.
I don't speak English very well, and I use Google translator, excuse me :geek:

flight50

#2950 Post by flight50 » 02 Dec 2020 19:04

I've been super busy today. I just looked at the blog about an hr ago. Congrats to my fellow trucking comrades.....the Cascadia is now ours. Congrats to SCS for another awesome release. People though I was crazy for ATS getting more than 2 trucks this year. I've always felt 3-4 could come. I knew we had a 50/50 shot at getting all brands in this year though. I was more leaning towards (2) FL's or (2) WS but hey new is new and now that all 7 are in, fun times ahead on add ons. Thanks to all involved in getting this out. I think the skin trailer is a nice addition. Talk about advertisement, lol.

I've gone in the truck browser and it all looks great. Lotsssssss of options. Something for everyone indeed. I can't drive her until later on tonight though worse case. I've got about 6-7 hrs before I can try though. But hey, she's out.

Nowwwww, that she is here, who actually remembers waiting, lol. How's the vanilla sounds? Time to catch up in this thread now. Last I was on, I was only on page 272 reading, you guys blew it up, lol.

Return to “General discussion about the game”