Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

Ludo Diabolo

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#3631 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 12 Sep 2021 08:40

Hasn't it occurred to any of you that SCS may be deliberately leaving out the old trucks, so that the Modders can continue to have something to do?

Because SCS knows as well as I do that modding and creation is a very important part of the game, and if they do it all themselves they will lose a lot of people who play the game just to create.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
ArikTheBuilder

#3632 Post by ArikTheBuilder » 12 Sep 2021 08:41

I mean, no modder has made the old cascadia (instead of cyrusthevirus ages ago)
ERN developer.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3633 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Sep 2021 08:41

no they dont, why should they leave out something that could get them more money IF they decide to do it as paid DLC in the future with older trucks ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Ludo Diabolo

#3634 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 12 Sep 2021 08:49

@xXCARL1992Xx

No I don't quite agree, what do you think is the biggest money maker for SCS, 200 mods creators, who make the game live and who buy the DLC and make it sell?

Or the 2000 players who would stop playing if modding and modders creations were no longer part of the game, or if there would be more to do?

xXCARL1992Xx

#3635 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Sep 2021 08:51

none of them, the people buying the DLCs for the games without a second though are the ones making money, not the modders (and the kids who get banned on TMP and buy the game again because they cant learn)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Ludo Diabolo

#3636 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 12 Sep 2021 08:56

Yes, that's your point of view, but from my personal point of view, I think that modding has a very important place in SCS games, and that if SCS didn't let the creators have something to fill their gaps, I don't think their game would work as well without modding.

xXCARL1992Xx

#3637 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Sep 2021 08:58

if this was the case they wouldnt make DLCs anymore for maps because modders do it, SCS see what its done but it doesnt impact what they do, the old trucks are NOT omitted because of modders, but because they want the new ones in, if they had the manpower to do it we would also see older trucks, if the manufacturer also plays nice, but not because of modders
[ external image ]
Ludo Diabolo

#3638 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 12 Sep 2021 09:10

Yes, you were probably right, but you mustn't neglect the fact that modding and the creation of mods also makes the game live.

I've already heard many players say that without mods they wouldn't play their game.

I'm sure SCS is aware of that too.

Jatruck

#3639 Post by Jatruck » 12 Sep 2021 10:43

In Mexico Old Cascadia is still on the web. :D ;)
flight50

#3640 Post by flight50 » 12 Sep 2021 11:18

I agree with Carl on this one. Sure mods can make some people's gameplay better. But the better portion of the community does not use mods. So if they want the old Cascadia, what do they do? They won't use a mod so they go without? SCS should bring whatever they can without a second thought to mods. If a mod is popular with the community, that is the time to consider implementing it. Even when SCS makes content, modders will either tweak it or recreate it themselves. I only used the K100 mod. I will not use any other mod. I'd rather SCS's trucks and trailers. Too much to keep up with updates and on top of that, waiting for updates. The more SCS does, the fewer the mods or no need for mods at all for some people.

Modding is a bonus to gaming. Its content that is not required. For some it makes all the difference in the word. Others....simply don't care. There are also different levels from all of us in which we use mods. There are vanilla players, light mod players and heavily mod players. Everyone has a different playing style so we all play to carter to our desires.

If there was a mod old Cascadia, XL or 122SD, I wouldn't use it. I want trucks in traffic and most truck mods are not in traffic. AI trucks in traffic is much more important to me than driving other trucks than my beloved W900. I want SCS's truck roster to populate the game. A mod will not do that.

Return to “General discussion about the game”