Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

Wolfi
Beta tester

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#3621 Post by Wolfi » 19 Aug 2021 05:29

Marcello Julio wrote: 18 Aug 2021 01:55 I also know exactly what the next truck on ATS too, based on that Iberia stream on April 1st.
You don't 😜 unless you actually do. Then I would be kinda impressed, or not? 🤔

@leo.arevalo12ss you can have a "new" truck added to the game without a "new cab" as long as it uses existing cabs. That's why I always say that the only thing confirmed on new trucks are wheels 😜
That said, if we would get a new Fartliner truck, it will most likely have a new cab 🤔
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
SirVirgoTheMess

#3622 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 20 Aug 2021 09:47

I just saw something very rare yesterday : a Century Class.
bryntrollian

#3623 Post by bryntrollian » 20 Aug 2021 10:16

Century Class is rare up there now ? I still see those every day down here.
flight50

#3624 Post by flight50 » 30 Aug 2021 14:52

Yeah I see century's pretty often.
Tristman

#3625 Post by Tristman » 10 Sep 2021 13:39

howey wrote: 10 Sep 2021 01:40
Tristam-94 wrote: 09 Sep 2021 18:21 I think the “missing out on trucks because they are out of production” is a weak argument.
If SCS wants to model older trucks, there is nothing stopping them.
Other games have shown that you can obtain licenses for them regardless of age.

If SCS depends on whether a brand wants to have their truck in ATS, only the newest trucks stand a chance.
Why would Western Star for example want their 4900 in ATS over the much newer 5700 (especially if a new model is launched).

I think reworking the older trucks in ATS is a good suggestion, and would improve the game a lot. Fans will always want the more classic models next to the brand new OTR models, and having them in the same quality as the CAD modelled trucks seems only fair.
Why would that be a weak argument when that's is more then likely the factor. Just take the old Cascadia for example they made a model intending for the original launch of ATS in 2016 showcased it and all but due to issues the model never came and eventually were got the new current model instead. Now that the old model is discontinued and they have the 122SD currently in their line up as well do you think the old Cascadia will make it into the game in the short term most likely not.

Now the 4900 is a different story yes the model has been around for decades but the truck is still currently in production. Besides SCS also recently has been looking at the versatility of the truck and the 49X is an example of this. It's a OTR, HH & Vocational model and also the 4900 can be spec'd in those configurations as well while the 5700 can not but considering the 49X has the versatility the 4900 has already I think the 5700 will be the next model anyway.

Yes that is true but I tend to find that SCS and perhaps the Manufacturers are at some type of agreement that their current production models should be the priority before going into their older models and I can understand that the Manufacturers would be looking at this game as a marketing tool to some degree.
I'm taking this reply to the Freightliner Discussion thread, since it's not really relevant to Peterbilt anymore.

We can only speculate on what happened with the old Cascadia, but there are two things we know for sure:
- At one point SCS modelled the old Cascadia (before CAD models).
- Freightliner was the last licensed truck manufacturer to appear in ATS.

What I think happened, is that SCS didn't have the license in order to release the old Cascadia. By the time they did get the license, the model they made looked outdated compared to other trucks that had been released, and the new Cascadia had already been out for quite some time. I believe Freightliner may have wanted to feature the new Cascadia instead of the old one, and SCS probably also wanted this because they had to remodel the old Cascadia anyway. Besides, the average ATS player would probably prefer the new Cascadia over the old one (because they want to drive new trucks that are added to the game), even if the old one is more common on the road.

If SCS shows interest in doing older trucks at some point, I think the old Cascadia will be high on their priority list, seeing how a lot of people on the forums (and maybe on other social media as well?) want it.
As for Freightliner's second truck in the game, I think there isn't really any other choice than the 122SD. It's the only other highway truck they have, it tailors more to the traditional truck market than the modern truck market, it's more heavy duty than the Cascadia but also not too heavy duty, and for the second truck I don't think they would want to feature two generations of the same model anyway.

With Western Star, if we had the 5700 as the first truck (and the 49X hadn't been released yet), I think the 4900 would the obvious #2, but since we got the 49X I think the next truck will really be the 5700.

Hope you don't mind the long post in a different thread, I enjoy the discussion!
flight50

#3626 Post by flight50 » 10 Sep 2021 14:46

Actually the room is pretty split. Lots of people wanted the old Cascadia as they like it better. I'm a fan of the new one more. Also, I don't think it has anything to do with SCS getting a license for the new Cascadia. SCS constantly keep the old VNL updated for 3 years until it finally released in 2018. Why didn't they do that for the old Cascadia? They got that the new Cascadia license in 2018. If I recall correctly, the old Cascadia was still on Freightliner's website for the Evolution until early 2020 or was it 2019.....either way they finally yanked it well after the new Cascadia was already popular on the roads.

So technically, SCS could have obtained licenses for both. That would have been the perfect truck to release an old very relevant generation and the new gen. For some reason, at the time the new Cascadia was teased after the Lonestar, it took 2 more years to appear in ATS. That was plenty of time to get the old Cascadia in. I think it more to it than we know and we may never know the true answer to that question.
Frayner

#3627 Post by Frayner » 10 Sep 2021 15:13

It could also be Freightliner themselves wanting to bring more attention to the new one then the old one. If I remember correctly both peterbilt and Kenworth wanted their aero fleets trucks in the game before their long hoods.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond
flight50

#3628 Post by flight50 » 10 Sep 2021 16:47

For sure. That could very be the case but we also know that Snowrunner/Mudrunner have older Daimler trucks in there game. So its as much on SCS as it is on manufacturers saying yes. Money talks though.
JninFS

#3629 Post by JninFS » 12 Sep 2021 04:35

Considering that Freightliner have older trucks in SnowRunner I believe that whatever reason they haven't done the old Cascadia's due to SCS' decision, not issues with Freightliner. I suspect it's largely because of the lower standard of model, and with the 2018 model being made I think SCS figured it wasn't worth updating the model any further as the New model could fill the Freightliner gap. If they ever do release the Evolution I reckon it will be entirely redone from the ground up as a CAD model.
harishw8r

#3630 Post by harishw8r » 12 Sep 2021 06:49

One thing for sure - the old Cascadia would come only if completely modelled from scratch. Had the 2016 game model been released, the feedback’s gonna be brutal as with the VNL (which is bad IMO). In that case, we don’t really deserve the truck.

Personally I don’t care much about this model, but it’s always a good quick job/AI material.

Return to “General discussion about the game”