Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#3501 Post by harishw8r » 04 Mar 2021 13:13

Nah nah, I was talking about the options we have in the game. I’m aware of the fact that we have such engines in the market.

IMO, 500 hp provides the best of both worlds - power and fuel efficiency. I might be wrong at this though.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3502 Post by supersobes » 04 Mar 2021 13:21

I'd love to have the 116 BBC variant of the Freightliner Cascadia in ATS. It would look so good on the day cab for hauling pup trailers and doubles and for specing a truck for local or regional applications. Maybe it's something SCS could add in the future. They went back and added the SBA variant to the Western Star 49X. Perhaps something similar could happen with the Cascadia. The stubby-nose Cascadias look really awesome! :D
flight50

#3503 Post by flight50 » 04 Mar 2021 16:28

Honestly, I think the Cascadia is done and is as complete as we'd get it. The current 4x2 Cascadia's pulling pups is good enough for me. No one made a big fuss about the Cascadia axle position like people did for the 49x so SCS kinda had to make the SBA for the 49x. With the 49x is such and incomplete stage, SCS went the extra mile when bringing more parts. The Cascadia was given to us as a complete truck vs the 49x. I think its more or less all marketing with all the options we got for the 49x. That type of marketing isn't needed with the Cascadia as its well established and been out for years. I'm just happy that we even have it. I'm not concerned about the year model either because at some point, all trucks will be outdated. If they started modeling the truck for one year and the next year rolls out, SCS can't exactly convert that truck without a new license or renegotiating.
rookie_one

#3504 Post by rookie_one » 04 Mar 2021 17:45

@harishw8r get my mod on steam, I add these in mine :p
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
supersobes
Global moderator

#3505 Post by supersobes » 14 Mar 2021 21:36

I wish the plastic extensions on the bottom of the cab fairings were removable. In real-life, trucks that don't have sideskirts would not have these extensions. It looks really strange in ATS to have them on a truck without sideskirts.

[ external image ]
raduspeedy

#3506 Post by raduspeedy » 15 Mar 2021 13:22

Hi guys, what transmission is attached to DD15-505 and DD16-560 in real life? Is it still the DT12(Overdrive/DirectDrive)?
Oscar
SCS Software

#3507 Post by Oscar » 15 Mar 2021 13:46

supersobes wrote: 14 Mar 2021 21:36 I wish the plastic extensions on the bottom of the cab fairings were removable. In real-life, trucks that don't have sideskirts would not have these extensions. It looks really strange in ATS to have them on a truck without sideskirts.
Can you report this as a bug? It should be easier to get this fixed when there's a QA number attached.
What I say is mostly accurate.

Going on work trips to bring you guys new trucks, trailers... and maybe more?

Don't check out my Steam Workshop mods because they are not updated anymore:
Realistic HD Dashboards
Realistic Dashboard Computers
clifflandmark

#3508 Post by clifflandmark » 15 Mar 2021 13:52

supersobes wrote: 14 Mar 2021 21:36 I wish the plastic extensions on the bottom of the cab fairings were removable. In real-life, trucks that don't have sideskirts would not have these extensions. It looks really strange in ATS to have them on a truck without sideskirts.
As I guess from a conversation up in somewhere, I think supersobes doing a fixing truck job. so he's the expert and probably he's right. However I'm not sure if it's a bug, and I would not say "no" to more options for trucks.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3509 Post by supersobes » 15 Mar 2021 15:26

@Oscar Thanks for looking into that. As requested, I wrote a report here about it.

@cliffandmark As cool at it would be to have a job working on trucks, I do not. I would definitely not consider myself an expert on trucks either. I observed some Freightliner Cascadias while driving on the highways in real-life to make an assumption about the cab fairing extensions, and I was able to confirm that assumption by looking at marking imagery and brochures from Freightliner. As an example, here is a truck below that does not have the extensions on the cab fairings.

[ external image ]
SuchManor

#3510 Post by SuchManor » 16 Mar 2021 19:44

A few things I would like to see added to the Cascadia that are on a lot of major trucking company specs.

Option for no lower sleeper windows (also made skinable):

[ external image ]

Additional "Cabin Deflector" AeroX option for the upper part of the cab:

[ external image ]
(This image shows both on a 2019 Cascadia (Source: https://tradewindstransportation.com/ne ... -cascadia/ ))

[ external image ]

If both of these small options were added this truck would be perfect.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots

Return to “General discussion about the game”