Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

Knightrider

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#761 Post by Knightrider » 18 Oct 2020 11:54

In my opinion the 'old' Cascadia is the most important potential truck model for ATS because of its ubiquitous presence on american roads.

SCS managed to grab a license for the 2015/2016 Volvo VNL in 2018, so, there's still hope that they can work on a similar deal with Freightliner/Daimler. Crossing fingers...

leo.arevalo12ss

#762 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 18 Oct 2020 14:17

We won't count out the old cascadia just yet due to it being unique and iconic on american roads
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

flight50

#763 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 18:25

Skoot wrote:
10 Oct 2020 13:21
I think that Shredder and Pico Wine DLCs are either two Cascadias or Western Star 4900 and 5700XE, and they're going to release them on ATS's anniversary.
I didn't see this until this was recently quoted, lol. It slipped in under the radar. These files were uploaded Sept 3rd. ATS's anniversary is first week of Feb. That is 5 months apart. That is to much of a gap. If they are trucks, it won't take 5 months to deliver. Especially with the FL dealership showing up for 1.39eb. Even if they split the two up, at the most, one releases for 1.39 once it goes live and the other in Dec before the Xmas stream or on the Xmas stream.

Remember that the new Cascadia was teased 25 months ago. We really don't know what SCS has been doing Freightliner wise since then. Was both the old and the new Cascadia created/polished? Where both in the situation like the Range T/Man and just needing Daimler approvals? Where both awaiting sounds as the final piece. Was one done a long time ago and just needed the other? Did Daimler request for a halt til both available? We really don't know. SCS has always said that if a truck is ready, they will release it. Not point in holding it. But what if Daimler requested/demand. You don't tell them no. It does seem like SCS is on Daimler's good side now. So lets hope that same positive energy is in play. The most hype that can ever be generated outside of Texas releasing, is a two truck release. What better duo to bring to the table besides the two Cascadia's.

leo.arevalo12ss

#764 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 18 Oct 2020 20:41

It wouldn't be the 4900 and 5700xe because they are working on getting all 7 so it's likely the 2 cascadias will come which can release in mid december at the earliest but at the 5th birthday for ats

flight50

#765 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 20:53

^Not exactly. Prior to 1.39eb, the FL dealership was not in the game files. So getting 2 Western Stars back then was not out the question. But getting 2 FL's may not be what happens either. Just because FL dealership is in the game, does not mean (2) FL are next. We can still split with (1) WS and (1) FL. We can't factor in the 49X. That didn't materialize until this year when WS approached SCS. SCS already had a WS in development prior to WS contacting SCS. That dates back to early last year when Pavel stated all brands are accounted for.

Graf_Boinenn

#766 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 18 Oct 2020 21:15

One thing is for sure.

Before the 49X, SCS was working on a WS. So now, that's 2 WS, the 49X + the previous one.
And for FL side, we have pics of the Classic Cascadia and New Cascadia. 2 more. 4 trucks in total for DTNA.

If I were DTNA, I will go full throttle with 4 or maybe more trucks in American Truck Simulator- In the COVID times, using this game as a platform to show trucks it's a win win. Also, presence in social media, pics everywhere. Don't forget that new generations are taking part of companies, they are more friendly with technology. And if you can see a virtual truck, do a virtual ride and so on, from home, it's awesome.

Also, I don't see crazy if SCS in the near future produces an specific software for DTNA, for they dealerships.The core is developed... who know.

But, returning to FL, I think the 2 will become to the game plus one more WS. Paccar is the one with most products in the game (4), and the digital world is growing, more on future customers.

leo.arevalo12ss

#767 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 18 Oct 2020 23:11

^i actually agree because paccar already has 4 models so Daimler NA should go full speed ahead when it comes to bringing their products into ATS but we need to keep our expectations realistic because I've been leaning to getting both cascadias but it's a fluid situation so my expectation of what truck/s that are going to come will change

flight50

#768 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 23:15

I like how you are thinking Graf...Mr. Birthday man, lol. Many will say you, I and a few others are being to optimistic. Its really no different than being a pessimist. I do wish Daimler shows out right now for ATS fans. That could help generate more ATS sales. That is more advertising that Daimler can do for SCS and SCS can return the favor when they can. It would be nice if SCS actually catered to Daimler for a minute. Excluding the 49X, ATS royally benefits from:
1) Western Star 5700XE
2) Western Star 4900
3) pre 2018 Cascadia
4) new Cascadia
5) 122 SD
6) eCascadia

We might have Pico Wine and Shredder on Steam right now and we don't know exactly what they are, but what's to say other trucks don't have some form of production. It could be that Pico and Shredder are just in more advanced stages if both are trucks. What if ATS got news on bday no 5 for another truck. I'd like to think ATS gets another 2 trucks next year. That pretty much knocks of (4) possible trucks in 12-14 months from now.

Virgo91

#769 Post by Virgo91 » 18 Oct 2020 23:15

OK,i would like to ask you all a question : how do you know SCS was/is working on a Western Star,or on any truck for that matter?Can i get a link to a post(or posts) on the forum(or somewhere else SCS official),made by SCS?Because i think everyone says things that i don't know about...and most of the time it isn't linked to a SCS official statement,or some kind of official teaser.

flight50

#770 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 23:52

SCS hasn't confirmed anything. You have to put context clues together with all the events that have happened with ATS along with all the streams that Pavel has been on. He always gives us stuff to process and you can most of the time decode what he is getting at.

Return to “General discussion about the game”