Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

leo.arevalo12ss

Re: Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

#971 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 23 Sep 2020 14:27

Yeah if @flight50 can predict the next western star he can predict what the next trucks are
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

flight50

#972 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2020 15:49

Call it a lucky guess maybe, lol. I just thought it made perfect sense considering WS isn't in the game yet. With SCS being quiet about Daimler and no news on the new Cascadia, I thought that was a great way to introduce a Daimler product into ATS. Once all 7 brands are a in, it will get more difficult to guess what's coming because all dealerships will be in the game. We have choices to choose from yes but which is next is anyone's guess at that point.

leo.arevalo12ss

#973 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 23 Sep 2020 16:35

@flight50 wouldn't it get easier because if all 7 brands are in and if they are all in by the end of 2020 we could get either the international LT or the Mack pinnacle because the LT shares the same interior and chassis as the Lonestar while the new pinnacle has the same interior and cabin as the anthem
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

flight50

#974 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2020 17:16

There are trucks that are similar yes. But without a hint of a new dealership, no its not easy. Remove though from the teaser thread Carthoo created. We knew an International was coming when it did because SCS put the dealership in. The Anthem came out of nowhere but the dealership for it was also tossed into the game so we knew Mack was coming. The WS follows. Same will happen with the FL. Until we see the FL dealership in the game, no FL.

We know the LT is pretty much half done with the Lonestar in. Pinnacle same way. We can perhaps assume that down the roads ATS gets the new Cascadia, 5700, 4900, new VNL, LT, Pinnacle, W990, 122SD. Maybe even the T880. Outside of the Cascadia, we have no idea what comes next. Just because the LT is half done, doesn't mean its next. There will be no hints other than looking at the game files when updates comes to see if new truck folders are added. But looking at just the game itself, we have no idea when SCS slips a truck in unless they say something or someone looks at the game files.

55sixxx

#975 Post by 55sixxx » 23 Sep 2020 18:08

Crazy thought: Every truck you mentioned @flight50 are ready for release they're just waiting for freightliner to come to ATS. "American Trucks Pack DLC", includes: New VNL, Pinnacle, W990, LT and Pete 567. Comes as a free update for everyone.

(It would be awesome tho...)

On the other hand, it's only 6 days left for the WS reveal. Less than a week, only 518.400 seconds left !!

flight50

#976 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2020 18:29

LMAO. I like the seconds part. Time seems to go much faster if you think in seconds, lol.

Yeah those other trucks would be cool to have. That increases the chances that the truck someone has been waiting on, is now in ATS. To me, that means more people playing in ATS which also translate into that person perhaps supporting the dlc's. More people is more support. More support means more income to the devs. More income mean more new hires. More new hires means more content. More content means happy customers which repeats.........more support. We keep SCS fed, SCS keeps us fed. Its a partnership we working with here, lol.

lamar326g

#977 Post by lamar326g » 23 Sep 2020 19:05

@55sixxx If that "American Trucks Pack DLC" ever happened, I'd legitimately faint due to over excitement. Pretty sure the SCS Website, Forums, and Blog servers would all crash too.

Reis_6

#978 Post by Reis_6 » 23 Sep 2020 19:17

How can I press the button and go to the 29th day????? Does anyone know the time that will be released? (UTC, CEST, - or +...)

EDIT: I also have the same thoughts that you friend @55sixxx...

Would be amazing a American Trucks DLC!!!!!! hahaha Let's wait... 468.000 seconds
Last edited by Reis_6 on 23 Sep 2020 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
My topic about new mode in WoT || Steam || WoT Ranking topic || My topic about Season Pass in WoT
                                        Position number 53 at WoT ranking worldwide

harishw8r

#979 Post by harishw8r » 23 Sep 2020 19:19

I don't agree to the trucks dlc though. Trucks manufacturers use the game for mostly advertising their brands, hence they would want special attention, and especially not let other brands steal their thunder. But in case that happens, I'm gonna pass out :P

(Also on the other side I expect those trucks to come in at the rate of one per update).

Something about International, isn't the Lonestar a model with set forward axle and the LT a set back?
:idea: Paint everything black!
My screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS

jarryed

#980 Post by jarryed » 23 Sep 2020 19:20

I'm going to guess that we will not get the truck the same day as Western Star reveals the truck. Even though SCS had early access to the truck I don't feel that they want a video game overshadowing their release.

Truck is not coming to us until a few days later. The reveal happens at 5pm Eastern time, well probably the event starts.

Return to “General discussion about the game”