Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

Reis_6

Re: Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

#981 Post by Reis_6 » 23 Sep 2020 19:24

You are right @jarryed, look at what is written on the blog. On the day of the launch of the truck in real life, it will be announced its arrival in the virtual world...

''With great honor and pleasure, we can now announce that very shortly after The NEXT Western Star® truck releases, we will herald its arrival to American Truck Simulator too.''
My topic about new mode in WoT || Steam || WoT Ranking topic || My topic about Season Pass in WoT
                                        Position number 53 at WoT ranking worldwide

Marcello Julio

#982 Post by Marcello Julio » 23 Sep 2020 19:27

Reis_6 wrote:
23 Sep 2020 19:17
How can I press the button and go to the 29th day????? Does anyone know the time that will be released? (UTC, CEST, - or +...)

EDIT: I also have the same thoughts that you friend @55sixxx...

Would be amazing a American Trucks DLC!!!!!! hahaha Let's wait... 468.000 seconds
11:00 PM CEST, 9:00 PM GMT. In Brazilian time: 06:00 PM BRT

jarryed

#983 Post by jarryed » 23 Sep 2020 19:28

Very shortly after.....

Sorry but this does not mean the same day.

I reserve the right to be wrong but I gave my opinion. No one knows but SCS and Western Star of when the truck will be released. All anything here, and in just about every single thread is speculation. SCS does not talk about truck licensing details so we honestly do not know.

Marcello Julio

#984 Post by Marcello Julio » 23 Sep 2020 19:34

Considering the times, in the Prague time would be too late. Possibly if we are going to have something from the New Western Star by SCS in ATS, it should be on the 30th.

Reis_6

#985 Post by Reis_6 » 23 Sep 2020 19:41

Yeah I agree.. lets wait a few thousand seconds until the 29th haha @Marcello Julio thanks!
My topic about new mode in WoT || Steam || WoT Ranking topic || My topic about Season Pass in WoT
                                        Position number 53 at WoT ranking worldwide

flight50

#986 Post by flight50 » 23 Sep 2020 19:43

harishw8r wrote:
23 Sep 2020 19:19
I don't agree to the trucks dlc though. Trucks manufacturers use the game for mostly advertising their brands,
I have to I disagree respectfully. Truck manufacturers have a marketing department for this purpose. I don't recall any North American truck brands tearing down SCS doors to ask to be in the game. Pavel did mention that one tuning company approached them years back though. SCS has to approach these truck companies and ask for licenses. So it may seem that these companies use it for advertisements, that is just a very small percentage of the benefit from having them in the game. If one is in the trucking industry, they don't need ATS to advertise. Everyone that buys fleets or people that own trucks know all 7 brands and perhaps are aware of most models. ATS does little to that cause.

ATS is directed at truck fans and enthusiast that play video games. Its not a professional software. Its not targeted as a selling platform for manufacturers. As time goes on, it can certain seem to lean in that direction. Gamers like authentic content. Game developers don't want to get sued so they are left with obtaining licensed content.

Graf_Boinenn

#987 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 23 Sep 2020 20:50

About trucks DLC.

I don't think that companies will allow to share one single DLC for all. Also, I think -presume- that SCS works using agile/scrum framework, so that is kinda against it haha. 1 DLC per brand or even, 1 DLC per truck is easier. and the agile way of working. It's done? Ok, hold it until we get the approval. Ok, we get that approval? Launch it! Every new truck generates hype, excitement and... content. Photos, videos, posts... everything counts, it's advertising.

About brands and how they see ATS... it's not just advertising. How many sales are decided by a game? They are creating fans, not only customers. People who might not buy a truck, but merchandising.

leo.arevalo12ss

#988 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 23 Sep 2020 21:50

I agree but let's say if it was a daimler truck pack or a paccar truck pack then that would work wouldn't it?
Last edited by supersobes on 23 Sep 2020 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

Virgo91

#989 Post by Virgo91 » 23 Sep 2020 22:03

About the release and what time it will be in Prague.Since ATS trucks are considered DLCs,can their release be programmed to a certain time of the day?Like if SCS office is closed,the truck can be released automatically.

supersobes
Global moderator

#990 Post by supersobes » 23 Sep 2020 23:08

lamar326g wrote:
23 Sep 2020 19:05
Pretty sure the SCS Website, Forums, and Blog servers would all crash too.
Actually, that's a good point. The forum crashed a few times the day the Mack Anthem released because there were over three thousand users online, creating the current record of most users simultaneously online ever. I wonder if that is going to happen again when the Western Star releases. Could the Western Star create a new record and possibly break the forum again? :mrgreen:

Return to “General discussion about the game”