Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

#1011 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 03:22

I think if the 5700 or the Cascadia are just blogged alone its going to be a nightmare on here. Or even If multiple trucks release at once, I will just look at the blog and appreciate the news from there and wait until night time US Central time to jump on. Half the world we be asleep by then. It was very frustrating when the Anthem released getting on here. If a truck that some don't like broke this site, the 5700 and the new Cascadia are the two most anticipated trucks I am aware of and they will certainly break things. When even just one of those come, it will be rough on here. Two....smh. No thank you.

howey

#1012 Post by howey » 25 Sep 2020 03:46

I'm sorry but I don't understand why alot of people are thinking that there will be a WS/FL truck bundle at the same time. A very slim to no chance that will happen. I do agree with people about their being a good chance of the 5700 being released with the new WS or shortly after but as with WS and FL being released together or shortly after one another this year I seriously highly doubt it.

With the negotiations between SCS (Oscar) and WS/Daimler on even obtaining the new WS is a big achievement and to go on and say that FL should be included at the same time is being abit selfish imo. What I have said the last few times a new truck has been released is that the manufacturer will also look at reasons to be in favor for them as well, I would suspect mainly at marketing their product in a way that can showcase to a broader audience. So with the new WS not even unveiled to the general public irl yet I'm sure that there would of been a argreement that the new WS will be showcased as the new truck in game for a period of time and if we are lucky get the 5700 later on this year at best. Even though Daimler is the parent company WS & FL will have their own agendas that SCS would have to please and meet on obtaining any content from them individually.

flight50

#1013 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 04:12

We all have different mindsets. I don't see why some of you guys keep treating these truck manufacturers as if they made ATS. ATS is not their game. They could careless how SCS is ran. As long as SCS bids by the license agreement, its up to SCS to showcase their game with trucks the agreed to host. Unless in the contract, the manufactures don't dictate SCS showing off their work. There is no spotlight unless in the contract agreement which we know nothing about. Its not automatic that SCS can only show one truck at time. That's doesn't make sense at all to me.

So far, SCS only has one truck ready at a time the past 2 years and people automatically think this is because of what truck manufacturers want. If SCS has approvals for 10 trucks all at once and all 10 are ready, all 10 trucks will release at the same time. Truck manufacturers don't care. Why would they, its a video game. They get their primary source of income from the trucking industry, not the gaming industry. They are not Microsoft nor Sony whom is dependent on video game advertisement.

The last thing on a truck manufacturers mind is a video game. This WS is somewhat unique so it can be viewed a tad different. But all other trucks before this WS, too much is assumed that its truck manufacturers that don't want this or want that when SCS hasn't said anything to confirm these assumptions. Its all assumptions with no facts behind it. I have my own thoughts on the process as I don't go with what everyone is saying just to be part of the bandwagon crew. Things have to make sense to me and all this credit given to manufacturers, it doesn't make sense to me.

howey

#1014 Post by howey » 25 Sep 2020 09:29

Don't get offensive by this Flight as i have no intentions to be negative on what you said but there are a few factors you said which i disagree with
flight50 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 04:12
We all have different mindsets. I don't see why some of you guys keep treating these truck manufacturers as if they made ATS. ATS is not their game. They could careless how SCS is ran. As long as SCS bids by the license agreement, its up to SCS to showcase their game with trucks the agreed to host. Unless in the contract, the manufactures don't dictate SCS showing off their work.
Well actually the truck manufacturers did make ATS become possible as you've said yourself if it weren't for Paccar coming on board there would've been more then likely no ATS project especially since no other Manufacturer was interested at the time. Although eventually ATS would of become a game imo but instead of being a near 5yr old game it might of been a 2yr old game instead with it taking a few more years to get the trust and confidence in obtaining vehicles etc for the game.

About the dictation have a look at the Renault T, the VNL & Old Cascadia. They showcased those vehicles before getting final approval on and look what happened, 2 and half years it took for the VNL to become possible, 3 years for the Renault T & still no old Cascadia in the game after nearly 5 years they unveiled it so it does go to show that they can dictate on how SCS can showcase their content has far as trucks go. No disrespect to SCS but the Manufacturers are they dictators in this situation as SCS is just a pawn on trying their best to satisfy us the gamer and them the content provider happy to overall achieve it possible.
flight50 wrote:
So far, SCS only has one truck ready at a time the past 2 years and people automatically think this is because of what truck manufacturers want. If SCS has approvals for 10 trucks all at once and all 10 are ready, all 10 trucks will release at the same time. Truck manufacturers don't care. Why would they, its a video game. They get their primary source of income from the trucking industry, not the gaming industry. They are not Microsoft nor Sony whom is dependent on video game advertisement.

Don't get wrong i never said about their not being multiple trucks at all, i said it is a possibly as far as WS goes we might either get the new WS & 5900 together at the same time or release shortly afterwards just like with FL with both Cascadia's later on down the track. What i did say though is that i highly doubt we'll get a mixed WS/FL truck bundle in one hit, just because Daimler is the parent company doesn't we were hunky dory on getting WS & FL trucks all in one hit, SCS still needs to satisfy the individual manufacturers themselves before they will give the final approval. Just look at the Renault T Fiasco with them having the get approval from Renault trucks, cars and even Volvo if i correctly recall.

And i'm quite certain all truck & trailer's manufacturers would be caring about the video game to some degree otherwise they would'nt be interested at all in doing it. It's a 2 way street without a doubt. Pretty much any company these days would be looking at any aspect they would promote there product by any means necessary, all it can do it the least is increase their chances of getting a sale weither it is through merchandise or even a lucky enough truck sale who knows.
flight50 wrote:
This WS is somewhat unique so it can be viewed a tad different. But all other trucks before this WS, too much is assumed that its truck manufacturers that don't want this or want that when SCS hasn't said anything to confirm these assumptions. Its all assumptions with no facts behind it. I have my own thoughts on the process as I don't go with what everyone is saying just to be part of the bandwagon crew. Things have to make sense to me and all this credit given to manufacturers, it doesn't make sense to me.
Regarding this i look at the WIP new Cascadia as a example, i'm sure SCS would of had idea's different to originally agreed in which FL might of disagreed with and could be a reason why the truck has stalled, not saying that is the case but using it as an example. With assumptions that would of been something that would of been covered in the LB but more then likely we won't get that blog to have a idea on how they handle the licencing agreements/arrangements etc. When you think about it a fair amount of credit has to be given to the manufacturers for the simple fact that they have allowed us to have the opportunity to use their products in the virtual game. With much respect to SCS i do appreciate the extreme lengths and efforts they have achieved so far with making all manufactured content become possible but still without there naysay/approval if would be all for nothing in the end.

I understand and know you like to think of all possibilities of any given scenario to SCS and both games and i understand and totally respect that just like i do with anyone else on here, we all have different opinions on all subjects on this forum, it's the biggest reason why i joined this forum in the first place because there are so many people coming up with ideas/suggestions/solutions, reasons on why this can or can't happen which can or cannot make sense so don't take it the wrong way mate. Just i guess we have different opinions on this subject in which imo i believe we both and people in the same mindset to either of us have valid reasons on why this or that can happen.

Also to anyone who reads this finds the reasons of examples i have used incorrect feel free to correct me as i'm about 90% sure on what i mentioned on those examples accurate lol.

DAFmanXFE6

#1015 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 25 Sep 2020 12:17

I think for me the big thing about more WS’ coming in short succession is the file names in the db. I guess SCS could change the names to something else before release but would be odd imo.

Also you could add that they’ve learnt from previous companies and SCS might have even said “we were disappointed with previous” and then previous planning in collaboration to make the WS launch one of the biggest and best?

I see those two trucks coming before the end of the year, WS will want to get as much out of the release of the new truck as they can before sanctioning.
When in doubt... Ask m1keY!

Flickr
Steam Workshop

leo.arevalo12ss

#1016 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 25 Sep 2020 12:50

4 days until the next ws arrives IRL band when it's in the game which is either September 30th or the start of October it might give scs either just under 3 months or 3 months to add a 3rd truck although it isn't a guarantee but we have been teased the cascadia multiple times both old and new in 2016 and 2018 zones could either say that they are either completed and waiting final approval or are close to being finished with a few touches although the old cascadia was teased in 2016 it could have been remodeled to look a little more detailed but it would likely still be ready for integration into the game but hey it's no guarantee
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

Freeze338

#1017 Post by Freeze338 » 25 Sep 2020 13:18

flight50 wrote:
22 Sep 2020 02:00
389 is classified as on the highway - https://www.peterbilt.com/trucks/highway
W900 is classified as traditional/vocational - https://www.kenworth.com/trucks

Spec it right and you can make any truck what you want I'm sure.
They changed it. W900 was on highway category until W990 takes that place.

leo.arevalo12ss wrote:
23 Sep 2020 14:27
Yeah if @flight50 can predict the next western star he can predict what the next trucks are
Nobody predict anything after this move of SCS. Earlier everybody says SCS brings the trucks which sold more for all brands. Generally they preferred aerodynamic main highway trucks. Kenworth T680, Peterbilt 579, Volvo VNL. Then they bring the classic looking highway trucks such as W900 and 389.

After that SCS released Lonestar instead of LT and that cycle theory ( aero highway first then classic highway) died. But one thing for sure they bring highway trucks.

And with the Next Western Star, SCS will release vocational truck instead of highway truck. Do you know what that means?

Everything could come and we cannot theorize it. It's up the brands now. I don't think SCS chases spesific models since the game is lacking truck variety.So they can release any type of truck. Let's talk about International trucks. Everybody expecting LT would be the next model. After all those if SCS release International RX as the second International truck I won't surprise. Or first Freightliner would be the 122SD instead of Caacadia I won't surprise either.

Maan no matter how I want 5700, SCS Opened a new page and increased the amount of possible truck variety with this choice and that excites me a lot.
Last edited by supersobes on 25 Sep 2020 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged [Forum rule 2.5]

flight50

#1018 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2020 14:39

@howey oh I am not offended by your most recent post. I am mostly speaking in general. The entire past year, others besides yourself keep saying manufacturers don't want this or that. I'm just speaking up on it more clearly again. SCS has never said or confirmed any allegations that the community comes up with. No LB either so that would have answered some concerns. The manufacturers control their trucks yes, but they do not control how many SCS models and how many SCS wants to release at a time is what I'm saying unless in the agreement. If a manufacturer grants multiple trucks, its up to SCS to work on those multiple trucks. Whether SCS does them all at once or separately is on SCS. There is the approval process yes I understand, but as mentioned, if SCS has approval for 10 trucks to release, SCS will release 10 trucks.

The part I don't get is why people keep asking for trucks to get solo spotlights......show this truck, then wait several weeks to show another. I'm just saying, I don't think it works like that when it may appear that way. Simply because SCS just doesn't have multiple trucks ready per release yet at the exact same time. With Western Star and the Steam activity, my thoughts could be justified with those other two files. To date, we have never seen 3 dlc's at once on Steam. There has always been months in between uploads for trucks on Steam. I am just saying........not this time. This could be the first time, SCS has the opportunity to release multiple trucks since day one release. We'll just have to wait and see.
Last edited by flight50 on 25 Sep 2020 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

leo.arevalo12ss

#1019 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 25 Sep 2020 16:36

If the next WS is a vocational then it's going to be like the 122sd which can be used for OTR transport so we could expect for it to be a vocational and OTR truck however it hasn't released so we don't know the details so all we have to do is wait until it releases to know the details
I bet things are gonna be teased :ugeek:

lamar326g

#1020 Post by lamar326g » 25 Sep 2020 19:21

I have a gut feeling SCS Software will release the NeXt Western Star on Wednesday, September 30th. The logic behind this is the time difference between Western Star and SCS Software. During Western Star's release on Tuesday, September 29th, it will be late evening time in Prague. I believe SCS Software would want to release this DLC during their workday when the full team is in the office and when they have full control over communications and backend database management if needed. Typically, ATS related blog posts take place between morning-early afternoon PST.

But once again, time will only tell for itself. Bring on next week!
Last edited by lamar326g on 25 Sep 2020 19:24, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”