Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

Freeze338

Re: Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

#1711 Post by Freeze338 » 30 Sep 2020 21:17

Everybody is talking about axle and sleeper. Hello, entire hood type is missing. We have the grey one but red one isn't in the game. I hope you guys won't skip when adding the new features.
Attachments
IMG_20201001_001337.png

Cranlet

#1712 Post by Cranlet » 30 Sep 2020 21:22

That's what they mean by complaining about the axles. The orange is set back, the grey is set forward.

flight50

#1713 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2020 21:28

Reis_6 wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:16
If the WS flagship is the 8x4 model, why didn't SCS release any 8x4 truck spoilers inside the game?
Where did you get this idea? An 8x4 is typically just another axle configuration. If anything a 6x4 is the flagship. You will always see a 6x4/6x2 be more dominant than a 8x4.
Knightrider wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:54
@Reis_6 yes and I think 3 brand new top-quality trucks released in less than a 12 month period its quite an impressive feat. Add to that, only one major brand (freightliner) left to be included, with a known WIP upcoming model. Things are looking very good for ATS.
I totally agree. People give them a lot of crap but seriously, 3 whole trucks model in high detail and quality in less than (1) full year.......that's deserves a pat on the back. SCS makes a truck that everyone's pc can run. Granted you pc meets specs. Try that will all mod trucks. Kudos SCS.
howey wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:54
If that is the case then that is very interesting to hear. I can understand if a Manufacturer doesn't want a particular chassis in their model for the game but if you guys & girls at SCS have the opportunity to do so why wouldn't you capitalise on it in that case especially considering that HH was going to be part of the game itself. I'm sure the research team would of acknowledged the fact of how common 8x chassis are not just in HH but in general hauling for the NA logistics industry and to deny that option to add them considering the feedback there has been regarding those configurations on how common they are particularly in areas that require those style of chassis to meet the weight restrictions is quite bizzare.

I'm not criticising but just really curious like quite a few others on here why really if you have had the opportunity those add 8x chassis in the past why you didn't include them as well for not only more options but also for some more realistic approach in some cases. Even if it were only 2 models that gave the ok on using them we all would of been appreciated and delightful on having the opportunity to use them officially. Not only that but could of gave some more persuasion on acquiring 8x chassis on other models that have that option as well later on down the track.

Also the same can apply for 4x2 variants in that case.
You know I had to comment on this one, lol. I 1000% agree. I hope SiSL didn't get himself in trouble with this one. But this is the #1 question I now have with the lack of 8x4 and 4x2. Why not? I love SCS, I love what you guys do. But I have to agree with @howey that you guys sat back and watched us ask for these configurations continuously. A little disappointing to hear but not enough to dwell on it. That LB if we had gotten it, could have explained a lot of our questions. Now I have seen seen the 49X steam so @Oscar thank you soo much for clarifying that more options will come later. I can accept the 49X with that input you provided. Don't but a time table on it and all is good. pm me when though and I won't tell anyone, lol. I can fully respect the fact you mention, don't worry and more will come later. I fully trust your words and I can have confidence and patience for more options.

Knightrider

#1714 Post by Knightrider » 30 Sep 2020 21:30

Slap in the face? With all due respect, I don't think this is a fair judgement.

I think SCS should post a blog explaining all the process so players that didn't watch the stream better get a grasp of the development of this particular truck. This truck was clearly developed under unique circunstances and 'rushed' for a particular reason. The manufacturer approached SCS for this endeavour, not the other way around. SCS of course accepted, but had to work its *** off to get the truck done in time with limited/complicated working environment because of the pandemic to match the IRL truck launch. This should not be disregarded.

@flight50 great seeing you. missed your inputs on everything that is happening.
My posts do not reflect official information and are just opinions.

Contracts and reputation for jobs

Yoglington

#1715 Post by Yoglington » 30 Sep 2020 21:40

Has anyone actually seen the 49X in AI traffic? I know Oscar said they were rare, but I've played for hours and haven't seen a single one..

Also, I have seen some scs pictures with WS branded horns, I wonder if we'll get those eventually?

Cranlet

#1716 Post by Cranlet » 30 Sep 2020 21:42

They released a rushed product. That's not acceptable. It's as simple as that. I said what I said, this is a slap in the face. Pandemic or not. This kind of content would be barely acceptable from an established modder, let alone SCS.

dk00?

#1717 Post by dk00? » 30 Sep 2020 21:51

@MichaelALAD I think I'm being misinterpreted ;). I don't have a problem with people's opinion, but there is a fine line between openly bashing something and constructive criticism, things could have been worded better, on both sides actually, including my response.

If I did have a problem, I would have kept it to myself.

The lack of an 8x4 configuration bums me out, but it has with every truck since the heavy haul pack. Still not going to complain over it. If it came with an 8x4 chassis, imagine the mess that would have taken place on why the other trucks did not have it. The lonestar sound bugs me as well, but will deal with it knowing the sound is temporary for the 49x.

That aside, I'm interested in seeing the progression that comes to the in game 49x as time goes on.

@Yoglington The horns are there.
DK's Screenshots(5-26-2019)

flight50

#1718 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2020 21:55

Marcello Julio wrote:
30 Sep 2020 14:38
Nothing is confirmed that the 49X will be released today.
Knightrider wrote:
30 Sep 2020 14:53
let alone right after the stream. I can't be optimistic like this lol
It happened with the Lonestar and had it not been for covid, the Anthem too. I wouldn't have second guessed. SCS is just as excited to present it to us just as we are to drive it. They understand the high anticipation. You guys been around long enough, lol. You guys should have known the drill. Everyone gets so wrapped up in streaming of the new truck and they slide the new truck right on it. It won't be the last time this happens. I don't see them driving a new truck and showing us a buggy truck. Buggy map yes but if they stream a truck, its ready.
dk00? wrote:
30 Sep 2020 15:05
It could be today, could be tomorrow, could be Friday.
Seeing as there is a stream dedicated to the 49X today, they probably won't torment us. But if it will be a few more days, I'm fine with it. I could see it launch WITH a wotr event.
Exactly. I always thought there was 90% chance for today. Torture hurts, lol. I think they know the community is too excited about this truck to delay. I don't see SCS streaming a new truck unless they can release the same day.
pigbrother wrote:
30 Sep 2020 15:23
It seems that mirror are better placed than ones from Lonestar or Anthem.
Yeah that was the first thing I saw. Many will love this I am sure. It looks like they really took time to get the mirrors perfect. Both the normal and wide mirrors seem very useful. That will be perfect to go along with lowboys and all the other hh/st setups coming for 1.39.
TruckerDog wrote:
30 Sep 2020 15:28
Unfortunately due to Covid-19, we were unable to record new sounds.

It does suck, but we're aware of it.
No worries here. If people are not understanding of that, don't use the truck or mod a sound. SCS's health is more important than getting truck sounds. Sounds is something that can be fixed/tweaked later.
zippe wrote:
30 Sep 2020 15:32
I am glad we get this beautifull truck in the game,it looks really awesome,I was happy with all new trucks but non of them got an absolutely favorit truck of mine,the Mack is great,the new Volvo fine too,the Lonestar ugly as hell :lol: but a nice truck,but non of them really fascinated me :)
but I love the design of these western star,the mix of the look from classic trucks and modern trucks,really a beauty
the shapes, the lighting, the cool grille, could become my new favorite truck, at least from the modern trucks
let's see if he can displace an oldie :lol:
I couldn't agree more. I honestly was just expecting this truck to be like ehhhh, its cool I'll use it. I wasn't going to bother with it if it didn't come in 8x4. But as soon as that promo video started, I forgot what I said, lol. I love the look. Yesterday in the WS live reveal, they did say they took all the good designs from several other trucks and made it all into one. Nicely done WS. This truck is definitely a "Beauty and the Beast". Its definitely going to be my new truck. If we get the 5700XE and the new Cascadia, time will somehow have to get split 4 ways now. My W900 will still get a trip in at least once a month. Its my classic truck for sure now. I'll take her for a spin to remember the good times she put me thru.

Reis_6

#1719 Post by Reis_6 » 30 Sep 2020 21:59

Look, @Cranlet, I partially agree with you. I was also not very happy to see that the truck is very simple. But as they said before, they had little time to do it and because of the pandemic it did not come complete. We had word from SCS that it will be completed with the time. Let's wait.

We here, including myself, have to clap for SCS, it was a beautiful job in such a short time. Sometimes I stay here just looking and seeing how people criticize so much, but they forget the moment that the world lives and the limitations that SCS has. And even with all this, they are always there to face out and work hard to bring new content. As I said before, a round of applause for SCS !!! I'm looking forward to 1.39, seeing the 49X sleeper, Lowboy's and finding out what is these two new DLC's were added together with WS. There are 2 months left until the end of the year and there is still a lot to come in 2020 !!! Cmon SCS!

@flight50, I mentioned that the WS49X 8x4 was the flagship for its teasers, clearly in all released it was 8x4, except on the SCS blog, but in real life the 8x4 was and is the flagship.

Marcello Julio

#1720 Post by Marcello Julio » 30 Sep 2020 22:00

Rushed product would be if the truck arrived full of bugs and did not arrive with customization options. The truck, however much it has for now only the Day Cab version, it has several customization options. The truck will have the other chassis and other cabs pass the next updates, as confirmed by Oscar. The 49X engine sound will be recorded when the world returns to normal when the pandemic is over and they can travel to the United States without any problems.
Yes, it would be nice to have everything today, but it is not as easy as it seems. 3 people only worked on the truck (because it was a secret project different from the past trucks that more people worked on), all this in 6 months.
Last edited by Marcello Julio on 30 Sep 2020 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”