Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

FierbetoN

Re: Western Star Trucks Discussion Thread

#1821 Post by FierbetoN » 01 Oct 2020 11:43

FAres wrote:
01 Oct 2020 11:12
Anyway I hope we'll get it in the future!
Yep me too. They didn't seem to prepare for a SBA version at all though, for example the hood model is merged with the cab model.

Also the chassis quality is really low, it doesn't even use normal maps.

This truck makes me feel like I'm broke and playing a demo :lol:

Virgo91

#1822 Post by Virgo91 » 01 Oct 2020 11:47

I'm happy to see that the board computer is made by Oscar once again.Nice job on that 8-)
I like to have the digital speedometer and have the different gauges needed without going through the dash computer.
The dashboard in general is very nice,probably the best with the Mack Anthem.The dual gauges are a nice touch,it's different.

F4R35

#1823 Post by F4R35 » 01 Oct 2020 11:54

FierbetoN wrote:
01 Oct 2020 11:43
Also the chassis quality is really low, it doesn't even use normal maps.
When it comes to details,the Lonestar is still the champ,very detailed chassis bolts,suspension mounts....

The only reason I drive Scania only in ETS2 is the details,people who don't knowmuch about trucks (me back when ets2 released for example) won't even notice lack of details,but for us enthusiasts it really kills the immersion. and I don't mean all the details just the visible ones you know.

flight50

#1824 Post by flight50 » 01 Oct 2020 11:54

harishw8r wrote:
01 Oct 2020 06:41
@FAres :
Yeah, almost forgot that. SCS would have tried to bring the Cascadia(s) first, but Daimler Trucks North America had other plans. So the next truck(s) should probably be the Cascadia(s) or another Western Star.

On a totally non-related note, I'm also eager to know what is waiting for ETS2! Either way, 2020 will end with an amazing note. And hope the pandemic situation resolves soon, for the future years are really promising for both the titles. Until then, stay safe and healthy everyone!
Who's to say those plans still can't happen. There are more people that can still have been working the Cascadia or whatever truck. B-lining the 49X doesn't exactly mean another truck stopped production or intent for release 2020. I don't think Daimler is done with surprising us this year. Until 2020 is over, I don't think SCS is done with us. So yes, SCS can make such a horrible year world end on a much more positive note for me. Bring home the bacon SCS. I can smell what's cooking at SCS.
harishw8r wrote:
01 Oct 2020 06:55
1. Yes, it does feel like a Lonestar (Cummins is the exact word here) while driving a Detroit engine. Sounds will be updated later.
There are three easy ways to fix this issue for the time being. One, drive the truck with a Cummins engine, two, wait for some sound mod, and three, wait for the proper engine sound while still driving a Detroit engine

2. I don't agree though. 49X >> Lonestar.

3. They refused to disclose anything about the CAD data. However, the truck seems detailed and accurate, let's just enjoy that.
Agreed. Definitely people should stop referring to sounding like the Lonestar. The Lonestar is not an engine. Cummin's are standard with most all North America trucks. So if any new truck sound the same, its because Cummin's can come in all of them on top of manufacturer specific engines.

I haven't driven the truck yet so I can't say how it drives. I am sure its nothing like the Lonestar on those terms. Its a different truck so it should be looked at in that way. Sound-wise, I totally agree with harishw8r. Those are your options. Just like any other new truck that has released. We all should know the deal by now with sound. Add in covid and it is what it is. But yes, most definitely as harishw8r stated............lets enjoy what we do have right now. We now have 6 total brands in the game. One more to go. Two years ago, no one was optimistic enough to ever see another truck in ATS. SCS has doubled our trucks now and more are coming. This year? I think so but we will have to wait and see to know for sure.

*merged*
plykkegaard wrote:
01 Oct 2020 07:51
I don't like the new dynamic suspension though from the videos I have seen floating around
It is a truck not a hovercraft :)
Imo the ETS2 trucks seems better but this is probably a biased opinion
NA trucks are setup totally different. Oscar confirmed that is more difficult to do NA trucks and he is hoping that someday, ATS trucks can get the same treatment that ETS2 trucks got. So yes, the ETS2 trucks have suspension physics applied to them. ATS would require revisiting the models to separate components to behave more realistic to NA setups. I'm hoping that he newest truck to release, the Lonestar, the Anthem and now the 49X, are already build for this, just not applied yet.
J.Random wrote:
01 Oct 2020 09:18
Just noticed the only actual issue with this truck for me: in-cab view eats FPS, more than any other truck I've ever tried. The difference between 1st and 2nd cameras is about 20-25 fps. Not critical by itself, but when combined with area-based drops (Boise)... OOF.
I'd look at this truck as a beta. Considering the limited testing time and secret behavior behind it, we are pretty much the testers now.
Madkine wrote:
01 Oct 2020 09:33
No it didn't, you've misunderstood this. The reference is that it released less than 24 hours after the real life release, not from the stream.
Your right, yes I misunderstood it.
Last edited by Wolfi on 01 Oct 2020 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged

Virgo91

#1825 Post by Virgo91 » 01 Oct 2020 12:32

@flight50 it drives really nice.Probably one of the nicest drive so far.

Yoglington

#1826 Post by Yoglington » 01 Oct 2020 12:53

There is an unused dot for the hood of the truck. Maybe that will be how to change between SBA and SFA.

plykkegaard

#1827 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Oct 2020 13:07

Lets start some hype - what is in the barrel for us in the future?
Hmm WS rigids or maybe new dump trailers for work in the new upcomming mining companies?
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

jarryed

#1828 Post by jarryed » 01 Oct 2020 13:10

I doubt if ATS is getting rigids, dump trucks, etc etc etc. If ATS gets rigids before ETS2 there will be quite a bit of revolt from ETS2 players seeing that was teased way back in 2014.
Last edited by Wolfi on 01 Oct 2020 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed, do not quote message directly above yours.

Freeze338

#1829 Post by Freeze338 » 01 Oct 2020 13:18

Virgo91 wrote:
01 Oct 2020 11:47
I'm happy to see that the board computer is made by Oscar once again.Nice job on that 8-)
I like to have the digital speedometer and have the different gauges needed without going through the dash computer.
The dashboard in general is very nice,probably the best with the Mack Anthem.The dual gauges are a nice touch,it's different.
Yup. Dashboard computer of this truck is completely identical with Mercedes Actros MP4 and Freightliner New Cascadia. When you look at the Actros in ETS2 and this dashboard computer you feel the pure realism on this truck.

Anthem Lonestar and this truck has different level comparing to the other trucks of SCS as the dashboard computer. Not only that I think entire interior side they are on different level. And I'm pretty glad for this great detail.

bigkast

#1830 Post by bigkast » 01 Oct 2020 13:22

J.Random wrote:
01 Oct 2020 09:18
Just noticed the only actual issue with this truck for me: in-cab view eats FPS, more than any other truck I've ever tried. The difference between 1st and 2nd cameras is about 20-25 fps. Not critical by itself, but when combined with area-based drops (Boise)... OOF.
The price for the eye candy…
The bad boy is SSAO, turning it off helps really.
The hardest drops you get is in a combination of SSAO on, night in cities, an intersection and steering cam active…when turn right or left
solution: SSAO off - no more trouble....

Something other:
What i really don´t understand is the complains about the missing sleeper cabs for the WS. I prefer them too, but the complaining ones should keep in mind, 95 % of the time you´re driving in cockpit view - looking forward through the windshield… ;)
And one thing is way better in the WS49x in comparison to Lonestar and Anthem - the left mirror is within the viewfield (72 Degrees FOV). I like the 49x.

Return to “General discussion about the game”