ATS 1.39 Speculation Thread

xyzan

Re: ATS 1.39 Speculation Thread

#291 Post by xyzan » 27 Jul 2020 08:49

It would be great to have also information on map - height restriction visible there, so we can plan the route in advance.
Bedavd

#292 Post by Bedavd » 27 Jul 2020 12:26

@Sora Do they? I don’t recall seeing any but if they do, that’s a start! I know they use those cubes in the map editor to measure out the height, so they could add them that way.

@xyzan That would be my end goal! There should also be a message with the route advisor that says something along the lines of “your cargo is too tall to fit under an bridge on this road. Please turn back and seek an alternate route”
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
supersobes
Global moderator

#293 Post by supersobes » 27 Jul 2020 15:07

@Bedavd In the DLC areas of the maps starting with New Mexico, there are height placards on many of the overpasses and tunnels. They are the rectangular yellow signs that are mounted on the side of the bridge deck.

Since those aren't used at all bridges and overpasses in the United States, it would also be cool if SCS added the yellow diamond warning sign about low clearance which has the numbers between two arrows. That one is more common in real-life than having the clearance on the bridge itself.
Bedavd

#294 Post by Bedavd » 27 Jul 2020 17:35

I thought they were on every bridge. Perhaps it’s an MI thing, but jumping around on google street view I can’t find any without. Maybe they’re not on each one, but the vast majority seem to have the clearance shown.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Sora

#295 Post by Sora » 27 Jul 2020 17:55

They're on pretty much every bridge down here in Texas, as well. Yellow diamond signs are comparatively super rare and usually only used when the clearance is unusually low.
supersobes
Global moderator

#296 Post by supersobes » 27 Jul 2020 18:03

@Bedavd @Sora Hmm... Interesting. Looking at Michigan and Texas on Google Maps, it does seem that they're on practically every bridge. Around here, they usually sign bridge heights like this where the signs aren't actually on the bridge. The vast majority of bridges and overpasses around here don't have the height signed at all, even newly constructed bridges such as this one.
dhrto

#297 Post by dhrto » 27 Jul 2020 19:06

I hope for 1.39 (or later) SCS can add the option to have the radio sound to have cabin reverb, in as if it's played from speakers inside the cabin. This would increase the immersion for me. With the switch to FMOD, this should be possible to do I think?

Second, I hope they will improve the in-dash GPS / route advisor to show the same amount of information as the overlay one. I'd love to be able to leave the overlay one to always off and use only the in-dash one, again for greater immersion.
System specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX3080 (no OC), Varjo Aero (using OpenXR through OpenComposite instead of SteamVR), 32 GB DDR3200, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB, Win10. And most importantly: vanilla game, no mods.
dondouglas

#298 Post by dondouglas » 27 Jul 2020 19:25

Complementing the "wishes" of dhrto, as apparentely is, as me, a great fan of immersion on the game, I think that SCS could create "the costs of the work" option. These costs could be with food and sleep at hotels (this one overall for the truck with day cab - no sleeper).
My suggestions for this: when the truck stops to rest or fuel, could be possible buy some food from the shops on the gas stations - no animations !. Just a pop-up menu with the available options from the store, you choose and pay for the goods, that will be consumed as a "stamina bar" during the drive, and when empty could be showed a warning to eat or buy food, like the warning about being tires. Other way, could be you eat and pay for this when stop to fuel, and this could take some ammount of time.
About the rests, when you stop to rest at hotels could be paid some ammount for the hotel room. If your truck is day cab (no sleeper), the stop at a hotel could be compulsory, because you "can´t sleep" at a day cab truck, for this it´s called day cab 🤣.
I guess, knowing and working with software development, that this kind of implementation on the game isn´t a great requirement, because the graphics don´t will be updated, as with the maps, it´s "only" options for you choose on the stops and a invisible time scale, as the time to rest.
This same options could be implemented on the ETS2, but there isn´t necessary the part for the day cab trucks, because today all the trucks on ETS are sleeper.
Well, these are some wishes to make the simulation realism more and more...realistic !
flight50

#299 Post by flight50 » 27 Jul 2020 20:02

@dondouglas hmmm. Not a bad idea. It belongs in the wishlist thread though to get it noticed. As much as I was against buying food and all, I think as a popup menu it could work. We need more ways to spend money, that's for sure. Perhaps buying food adds to the stamina bar. Once we hit our 12hr max driving, that stamina bar kicks in and gives us just a little longer before the screen starts fading out. I'd rather see this than getting sleep fines. Or at least the stamina bar has to deplete first before getting fines. I love the new waypoint feature and it helps a ton with planning.
Sora

#300 Post by Sora » 27 Jul 2020 21:13

Man, it looks straight-up weird to me to see bridges without those signs. I know that that must be the case if Streetview says it's so, but that naked bridge looks outright alien to me.

Now I'm curious as to which states do this and which ones don't.

Return to “General discussion about the game”