ATS 1.39 Speculation Thread

xyzan

Re: ATS 1.39 Speculation Thread

#321 Post by xyzan » 30 Jul 2020 13:24

I wander if there will be ticket for not washing your truck... I think I won't be there often... Like in farming simulator - I don't see a point in cleaning the tractor - it will get dirty next time I will use it.

Jatruck

#322 Post by Jatruck » 30 Jul 2020 13:37

Exactly. Why washing for some minutes duration? :D

It's good that they don't allow cosmetic damage, because trucks are nice without it. :D

flight50

#323 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2020 15:06

Yeah no damage doesn’t bother me a bit in a game like ATS/ETS2. It would be cool to get docked for dirty trucks all over though. Not just California. I wonder how dirty SCS can get the trucks. We need both dirt and mud. If the game can track mud and be accurate with that, it would be cool. Mud can at least go halfway up the body. It can get splattered on windows from logging camps, mining camps/quarries and farms. It would only be realistic if we have puddles and mud on dirt roads.

Otherwise, just dust is all we get. But how caked up can it get. Does it cover windows or just body. Owned trailers will have to be equally dirty as truck and swapping new trailers shouldn’t automatic clean them for when you use them again. Dirt needs to be programmed into memory.

jarryed

#324 Post by jarryed » 30 Jul 2020 15:10

If they do dirt and mud on windshields then they would also need to implement window washing fluid to clean the windshield. Not sure how they can go about doing that.

Of course a dedicated key would be needed for the window washer spray. As it stands now when you go through the random event of the broken water pipe the windshield does not get any water on it.

flight50

#325 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2020 16:22

^Nice one. I didn't think of that. Definitely a binded button needed for that. I'd love to see the remaining dirt/mud stay on windshields outside of the wiper areas. Layers come into play for sure here. More dirt should pile on outside the wiper area and new dirt needed for the wiper area. Two separate zones for windshields. All other glass surfaces only need on zone.

The only way to clear a windshield for both zones is a truck wash. So yeah I can see what Pavel was talking about when it comes to layers. It will take many of them but to what limit. I'd imagine with dx11 now, SCS can pull off a reasonable spray animation. Honestly in my opinion, all ATS trucks can use the same spray pattern and all ETS2 trucks can use the same spray pattern because of the angle of the windshields. The placement of the nozzles need to be by spec but the pattern itself is reproducible. Aim it for the mid part of glass, mist it and run with it. The slight misting/splatter on the windshield would be cool to experience though. Adds immersion for sure. This small feature can be more work than I imagined I suppose. There is a lot of programming behind it from what it sounds like. I am sure Max and his team can pull it off though.

interstate trav

#326 Post by interstate trav » 30 Jul 2020 17:13

I’m hoping for another rebuild if it’s smaller I’d say Barstow, right now it needs one, and the 15 being redone with Primm being redone as well.

I would really like Los Angeles but we will see, it’s going to be probably the biggest rebuild for its size density the amount of freeways and I’m hoping they rebuild and add Palm Springs and San Bernardino and the 14 Freeway along with other towns even if there just scenic.

I want to see San Francisco rebuilt as well, but to me Los Angeles needs it more, but I’m a little biased. After the
As Vegas surprise SCS could have a lot of rebuilding going on and not tell us but give us a big surprise like they did.

averyc2506

#327 Post by averyc2506 » 30 Jul 2020 20:21

i think that they could do barstow & primm in the same rebuild honestly. theyre two small towns and, they could redo the freeway between them. next they could get into the LA area after that.
heres an irl map of what we know of the colorado dlc map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

flight50

#328 Post by flight50 » 30 Jul 2020 21:48

So far, they never tell of ATS rebuilds for whatever reason. We also know of ETS2 rebuilds. So far, we have gotten Tonopah, Vegas and so call tweaks to Redding, Yuma and something else I believe. But for ATS, things are more secretive as it just happens. Not sure if that is good or bad though.

GT182

#329 Post by GT182 » 31 Jul 2020 15:21

Maybe "companies" don't acre if your truck and trailer are dirty or not.... . but the state of California does. That is a fact, especially during the winter months. Besides that, if you haul produce that is dumped on the floor in other states, as in potatoes, you must have it thoroughly washed out before you put another load in the trailer. That I also know for a fact from hauling spuds out of Quebec City to a potato chip plant in Massachusetts. And if you ever saw how they unload a floor load of potatoes, you'd never eat another potato chip again. After that mess I had to load metal bar stock on pallets, and the floor had to be clean and dry.

When you go into a truck wash they do the whole rig with a high pressure machine using pressure nozzles for the soap and water, and then air dry it. Very seldom do they need to use a brush unless it's crap the wash rig can't get off.
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

interstate trav

#330 Post by interstate trav » 31 Jul 2020 17:21

I agree Barstow and Primm could both be redone at the same time. They could redo the 15 along there to make it more realistic and I’m hoping add Baker. Baker would be scenic though and it would go approximately where the there is a rest area right now if size is an issue to fit it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”