Mileage bragging Thread

flight50

Re: Mileage bragging Thread

#211 Post by flight50 » 10 May 2021 14:07

I don't get to play a lot anymore either. I only get in time on the weekend. Between my work schedule and avoiding getting burned out, I changed the way I play years ago. This is my first truck I bought in ATS in June of 2016 though. There are many that are well past me. I have another one on another profile that has 40k. I try putting more miles on this one though. The next closest is my 49x or Cascadia with like 3,000-5,000 miles on them.
Gootho717

#212 Post by Gootho717 » 10 May 2021 14:11

Yeap same here (only play on weekends when I can) - my Pete 389 (first truck I bought) has about 230,000 miles and my Cascadia has about 25,000.
[ external image ]
Gootho Transportation - My WoTr Profile
Reignman

#213 Post by Reignman » 12 May 2021 02:08

cwat89 wrote: 02 May 2021 10:496 trucks over 100k... nice man!
I recommend the Cascadia over the Anthem any day. Never been a fan of that truck. But I’m sure you’ll be in it next after you get 100k on this one.
Thanks, yeah the Cascadia will probably be next, then the Western Star. At some point I'll have to go back and finish getting the T680 there too. Have I missed any? I guess then I'll have to get them all to 200k unless they've released any new ones by then. I definitely hate the mirror location on this Anthem though. Got into an accident right away pulling out in front of a car I couldn't see.
flight50 wrote: 03 May 2021 13:14@Reignman Holy cow. Now that's some driving dedication. That's pretty impressive, Congrats. No one can say you haven't experienced all the trucks.......well most of them at least.
Thanks, I'm getting there xD. I figured I'd give them all a fair shot, but so far that K100E mod is my favorite. Can't beat the maneuverability and visibility it offers, but it'll be awhile before I get back to it. I already forgot what it was like to drive some of them. I know I didn't like the Lonestar. I also didn't like how you could no longer cycle through the instrument panel when your fuel gets too low. The low fuel indicator becomes a permanent feature at that point.
harishw8r wrote: 03 May 2021 13:22That's a nice-looking truck! Good job on the mileage too. I had the same first expression of Mack but when I started to operate all other trucks on 500-ish hp, I realized that it's really powerful.
I do like the blacked out look, but some trucks don't let you go far enough xD. I'd like to blackout the steps too, but I suppose I'd have to do some modding if I want to go full blackout. Same with the trailers. The 500hp isn't nearly as annoying as those side mirrors though lol. I understand they used the actual CAD drawings to make the truck, but I guess they need to add a lean button (forward/back) now so we can look around the mirrors. If Mack needed to extend the mirrors out that far, they then should have slid them forward too, so visually they stay closer to the A pillar.
Googlefluff

#214 Post by Googlefluff » 17 May 2021 02:41

I'm going to be cheeky and brag about the other kind of mileage :P 7.1 mpg over 3,500 miles, most of it off the interstate. Best I've got in any truck so far.

[ external image ]
harishw8r

#215 Post by harishw8r » 17 May 2021 02:58

7.1 in a Western Star is amazing! Once I got 7.5 from Alamosa to Portland, only because the cargo weight is less. The DT12-OV is just too bad for OTR jobs. Glad that they brought the old gearbox back. Need to change to that in all my trucks.

Freightliners and Internationals are the best in terms of fuel consumption in the 500hp segment. Some part of the driving was on Cali and I was able to get around 7.5 without much effort. Except these three trucks, all others are worst in this area (especially Volvo).
Zeyadtarek952

#216 Post by Zeyadtarek952 » 17 May 2021 20:46

Which is the best transmission for otr and heavy haul in the same time

I have dd16 560hp and dt12ov 6x4

@harishw8r
supersobes
Global moderator

#217 Post by supersobes » 17 May 2021 21:15

There is no transmission that is optimal for both OTR and heavy haul. You have to choose between high torque output and high fuel economy. Those two things cannot coexist together.
Zeyadtarek952

#218 Post by Zeyadtarek952 » 17 May 2021 23:37

I want actually to know what's the difference between different DT12 transmissions for the 49x
Because when I was configuring my new one today I was confused
Reignman

#219 Post by Reignman » 16 Jun 2021 00:18

supersobes wrote: 17 May 2021 21:15You have to choose between high torque output and high fuel economy. Those two things cannot coexist together.
I choose moar horsepowah!!! But yeah, the Mack with it's maximum 505HP made it painful to pull triples, but I'm finally done with it.

Cross another one off the list boiz! The Anthem is my 7th different truck across the 100k finish line. Closing in on a million miles total (850k).

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

SCS better hurry up and release more trucks because I'm running out of options haha. The Cascadia is up next, then the Western Star, and that'll be it. I'll have to look for some mods after that, or do something radical and try to get each truck to 200k.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Initial thoughts of the Cascadia ... I'm back over 600HP baby!!! And no more HUGE blindspot mirror like the Mack has. Wow, I never got used to that thing, so it's nice actually being able to see again when I look out the window xD. The Anthem is one of my more favorite looking trucks though. As far as the Cascadia goes, it's super quiet, but I'm not a big fan of the 240 gallon fuel capacity. What's up with that? I thought maybe I chose the wrong chassis when customizing, so I went back to the shop, but nope, 240 is the max. I ain't got time to stop every 4 miles to fill up haha.

The hood mirrors are also pretty low, so I had to raise my seat to see them better. Can't see the right side one when I have the little F3 menu (GPS/job info screen) open. And I can see the drivers side mirror again without having to turn my head. And maybe it's just my imagination, but the view out of the windshield seems narrower than the Mack. Lost my little dash compass too :( . Anthem was the only truck that had one I believe, which is very useful when you're trying to drive without the GPS.

[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#220 Post by supersobes » 16 Jun 2021 03:54

Nice! Enjoy the Cascadia! It's currently my favourite truck in ATS! Yours is definitely looking good!

The Cascadia has a dash compass too, but it's only on the first info screen where it shows the fuel economy. Once you change it to the digital speedometer like you have it, the compass goes away.

Return to “General discussion about the game”