New Mexico needs to update prefabs.

ThatWeirdTrucker

New Mexico needs to update prefabs.

#1 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 21 May 2020 16:36

New Mexico is good but I think some prefabs and cities are a bit outdated. Do you think they'll be updated in the near future?
LAFAYET47

Re: New Mexico needs to update prefabs.

#2 Post by LAFAYET47 » 21 May 2020 16:46

NM looks quite ok for me. It´s very unlikely they rebuild something there, there are other (base game) states in much need for something bigger.
ThatWeirdTrucker

#3 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 21 May 2020 17:28

I agree but some prefabs are outdated.
angrybirdseller

#4 Post by angrybirdseller » 21 May 2020 18:34

New Mexico is fine for quality the base map far more important and expanding the map.
supersobes
Global moderator

#5 Post by supersobes » 21 May 2020 19:47

Which prefabs are outdated exactly? New Mexico uses a lot of the same prefabs that are used in Oregon, Washington, and Utah.
Onagerlinn

#6 Post by Onagerlinn » 21 May 2020 22:40

Most of the cities themselves in NM are fine for now. While they don't quite have the personal touch that cities in OR/WA/UT have, the layouts are mostly accurate and definitely have a real New Mexico feel to them.

I'd like to see a Raton-Tucumcari-Clovis-Hobbs link. And if we can't get US 285 all the way to I-40, I'd love to see NM 219 get added to make runs to southeast NM a little easier.
Bedavd

#7 Post by Bedavd » 21 May 2020 23:19

Personally, I think New Mexico is the good side of the line between what bugs me and what I’m happy with. CA, NV, and AZ require the attention in my opinion. The city layouts are comparable to real life and the prefabs seem fine to me. Sure they wouldn’t hurt from a second coat of paint, but I’d rather see manpower allocated to the base map for reworks.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Knightrider

#8 Post by Knightrider » 22 May 2020 00:10

In my opinion New Mexico is fine as it its, and as it was in 2017. It looks and feels like NM.

Regardless, i think theres far more need of work to be done in the base map before even considering the idea of improving NM . And as supersobes said I dont see whats so diferent (quality) wise on the prefabs, they look just as good as the rest of the dlcs.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
CraptasticJack

#9 Post by CraptasticJack » 22 May 2020 00:15

I think New Mexico is fine. I'd rather SCS's attention go towards rebuilding California, Nevada, and Arizona. Looks like they are starting in Vegas which is awesome! This probably means they will redo Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Fransisco. These cities feel super outdated in my opinion. (Especially Los Angeles which looks nothing like Los Angeles). The only gripe I have with New Mexico is that some of the intersections coming on and off of I-25 in Albuquerque lack stop lights, which can really back up traffic coming off of I-25. If SCS were to fix anything in New Mexico that would prob be the only big issue.
supersobes
Global moderator

#10 Post by supersobes » 22 May 2020 00:41

CraptasticJack wrote: 22 May 2020 00:15 The only gripe I have with New Mexico is that some of the intersections coming on and off of I-25 in Albuquerque lack stop lights, which can really back up traffic coming off of I-25.
I assume you're talking about Rio Bravo Boulevard as that's the only road off of I-25 in Albuquerque in ATS that does not have signalized intersections at the end of the access ramps. By the looks of this intersection on Google Maps, the intersection was recently redone in real-life. If SCS ever does revisit New Mexico, it'd be cool if the redid that intersection and included traffic signals there like in real-life.

Return to “General discussion about the game”